SAU Community

Want 260rwkw Out Of My High-flow!

As the topic states, i'm after 260rwkw out of my High-flow turbo from GCG.

At the moment I've got around 230rwkw @ 16psi

-standard injectors (maxed)

-standard AFM

-FMIC

-Turbotech Boost Controller

-Apexi Pod (enclosed w/CAI)

-Walbro in tank Fuel pump 450hp rated @ full voltage

-Turbo-back exhaust

-Re-map Tune by Toshi.

To achieve my goal i'm thinking:

-550cc Injectors.

-Fuel Pressure Regualtor

-Z32 AFM

-Apexi Power FC

-Electronic Boost controller.(GReddy Profec B)

Have I left anything out?

What are your ideas to achieve my goal.

All comments welcome.

Cheers.

RJ

Edited by R 2 THE J

You don't need a FPR if you get injectors, the stock one is more than adequeate, hell ive made almost 400rwkw with the stock one.

Key is correct injectors.

All you need is the AFM, Tune, injectors and 20psi and you'll be pretty much where you want to be.

Also i'd be getting rid of the Walbro, I (like many others) have issues with them much above 200rwkw (anything other than stock turbo setups).

The highflow turbo may or may not make 260rwkw - judging by your current boost and power it will require ~20psi (which shows the turbo is perhaps too small to make 260rwkw).

Question regarding Walbro:

On the Walbro , I'm not expert at all, but are the Walbro flow problems related to voltage or the pump itself? I've seen graphs that show the Walbro is much more sensitive to voltage than other pumps. Not good at 12V, good at 13V, better at 13.5V +

I have a Walbro but only at 190rwkw - looking at 230rwkw myself soon.

Edited by simpletool

Id also like to know more about the walbro. I'm running one now at under 200rwkw and looking to go over that soonish.

Ive seen plenty of people running over 200rwkw with it, so i dunno where all of this is coming from.

Like simpletool said - as long as its getting the right voltage it should be fine i imagine?

im no expert either though.

Edited by stenve

Guys please stick on topic..

But to answer your question about the Walbro. I've had mine in for over 2 years. No problems yet. Full voltage @ 13.8v.

Problem with that is it runs 100% ALL the time, obviously reducing it's lifetime.

But I needed to make 230rwkw.

Joey, Did you just drop the Nismo fuel pump in and just connect it to the existing plug? Or did you change the voltage rating?

Also what Fuel set-up mods did you do to adapt to E85?

Thanks guys?

I'd be happy with 250rwkw, I just wanted help with directions to go.

Just drop in an 040, no need for expensive Jap stuff, Bosch is just as good and damn close to 'drop in'..

Is it a 33 Hi Flow, a 34 Hi Flow or something with a VG30 rear?

The latter 2 will come close to 260 pretty easily.

Hmmm..

I think it's a 33 Hi-flow.

not too sure.

Bought off some guy.

Didn't mention about the exhaust housing sizes?

It actually looked a bit bigger than my Standard one, so i'm guessing it's R34 or VG30?

If not, what is my max Femno?

i think the walbro conversation is on topic. because if it fails above 200rwkw like everyone says it will you'll need to consider a replacement to get to 260rwkw.

I also wouldnt want to replace a perfectly good part that will work on the advice of a couple of forum members also. I'd want some solid evidence. just a consideration for you mate.

sorry if it got too off topic for you.

most ppl on the standard r33 housings seem to get about 230-250rwkw. with a few exceptions.

for a safer bet at getting 250/260rwkw i would consider finding a larger rear housing (if yours isnt one of the larger already) ie r34, vg30 or perhaps talk to hypergear who are now manufacturing larger housings for their turbos i think.

But to answer your question about the Walbro. I've had mine in for over 2 years. No problems yet. Full voltage @ 13.8v.

Problem with that is it runs 100% ALL the time, obviously reducing it's lifetime.

You had wired the pump?

a pump that fails is fine

a pump that can't keep up is the one that makes the engine go bang

typically the walbro's expect higher voltage, when they run at 14v they dont flow as much fuel, thus the engine can lean out

this is when your engine goes bang. if the pump fails and stops flowing fuel, the engine stalls, no harm done

Interesting thread as i've also got around 230rwkw and aiming for around 250rwkw ish before xmas. Just need to put these injectors in and get it in for a tune. Pity i haven't already or i could tell you how much power i have because i have most of the mods you are considering (except i have a microtech lt16). I'm only going to have mine tuned on about 18psi though.

I wouldn't worry about the fuel pressure regulator. Only reason I got one is because i wanted to get a bit more out of the standard injectors on the initial ecu tune and make sure it was all running fine.

The nismo/tomei pumps are really good i'm very happy with that purchase and putting one in is easier than changing a wheel.

One thing i found I definitely needed (you will too) was an electronic boost controller because if you're going to be pushing the turbo up close to its limits you're not going to want the unreliability/spiking that comes with a manual boost controller and then blowing the turbo as a result.

If you want to do it on a budget:

*Power fc without hand controller 900-1000

*Z32 afm s/hand - 250

*s15 injectors (480cc drop straight in) - 400

*profec b (new on ebay) $415 or s/hand around 350

*take it in for a tune on the pfc 450-650

hope that helps.

You had wired the pump?

In regards to fuel pump flow....depends on voltage AND boost also. The more boost you run the more fuel pressure you require the lower the fuel flow rate.

see www.stealth316.com/images/flowtest-walbro.gif for example - note the 13.5V line for Walbro GSS-341 HP...is this the model you have. ~230L/hr at 20psi (+43psi base). Not high pressure model flows ~220l/h at 13.5V .........BUT 185 l/h at 12.0V

On voltage don't R32 require the wiring and R33 not so much due to higher voltage from R33 reaching the pump? That's what I read on the rewiring thread of R32.

Edited by simpletool