SAU Community

Please Help

infiltrator

HI Guys,

just got my car back from the workshop after 100k service, and i got no front drive. what should i start looking at? i have checked the fuse to the 4wd system but it is fine, and so is the relay, any other fuses i should be looking for? is ther one neer the ATTESSA pump?

What should you be looking at? Id be asking questions at the workshop.....

Check the fuse's, Attessa fluid in the boot, give the system a bleed and while your under it ensure the shafts in place :S ?

Yeah I would be taking it straight back to the Workshop in question !

No sense paying $$$ and having to diagnose their stuff up yourself ! Screw that for a joke.

Just out of curiousity- how can you tell you dont have front drive? I thought most of the time the Stag woudl give most of its power to the rears and only put power up the front if the rears slipped

I'd be doing as little as possible and just take it back to the same workshop. Dont give them a reason to blame it on you (ie. if they can see you've been fiddling around since they worked on it).

Hopefully they are able to fix it up. :D

Yeah no way a RS-Four stag should do that with less than 300awkw (and then, would be at all four). Sounds like somebody forgot to re-fit the front driveshaft. It could be dangling (:thumbsup:) so get it checked out ASAP!

Edited by DaveB

if i put my foot on the brake and plant the foot only the rears spin, weather it be on concrete, bitumen, or grass/dirt. even if the synco button is pushed. as MIKE has said, you need to overcome the brake force on the front for them to spin. but if i load the car up without using the brakes all four will dig a hole lol. i helped a mate pull his navara out of a dam he got bogged in, only time i've had all fours going, i was on grass/dirt and had the synco lock on.

more to your problem, id be taking it back to the workshop, they may have left something unplugged or damaged something whilst working on your car. don't try an fix it yourself, if its a big(expensive) problem that they have caused, and if there is evidence that you have been trying to fix it yourself, i don't think you will have a leg to stand on trying to get them to sort it out and in the end, you will be out of pocket fixing it.

Edited by QWK32

Obviously take the car back !

Re a foolproof test for 2wd

Jack the whole rear of the car up off the ground with a decent jack from the middle rear. Make sure the jack wheels are pointing in the same direction as the car wheels.

Put in gear apply the throttle a small amount . The rear wheels go round - if the awd is working the car will edge forward . If they dont its in 2wd mode