SAU Community

Hi Ocane R34 Gtr

raps86

Congrats to mark and russ and all the team on getting a 2min 13.7080 around mt panorama this weekend at the sprin bathurst and all the other skyline drivers that were up there either doing the drive bathurst or the sprint bathurst. From wat i could see there was alot of nice looking cars up there. results from here http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/results....2009.MOUN.S20.Y

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Berry's time was despite some issues with fuel and various. I saw all his runs - just f'kn awsome.

Makes my own effort (R32 GTR 2:41.4734 - only 0:27.7654 off the pace) seem a bit average. However I went in wanting to better 2:50 so I was happy. The car ran well with the only dramas being heat today (oil temp, and air temps) and a failing power steering pump. I had to do qualifying yesterday WITHOUT power steering - I did 5 laps and managed a 2:47. I was pretty rooted afterwards - could not imagine lasting much longer.

I went to the 2 day Drive Bathurst event last year (familiarisation; unlimited speed runs, NO timing) and did the Sprint this year.

All in all a top event and I reckon I'll be back next year (with better oil cooling, 4WD controller, lose some weight {me and the car}, ........). I've got 2:30 something firmly in the sights!

Berry's time was despite some issues with fuel and various. I saw all his runs - just f'kn awsome.

Makes my own effort (R32 GTR 2:41.4734 - only 0:27.7654 off the pace) seem a bit average. However I went in wanting to better 2:50 so I was happy. The car ran well with the only dramas being heat today (oil temp, and air temps) and a failing power steering pump. I had to do qualifying yesterday WITHOUT power steering - I did 5 laps and managed a 2:47. I was pretty rooted afterwards - could not imagine lasting much longer.

I went to the 2 day Drive Bathurst event last year (familiarisation; unlimited speed runs, NO timing) and did the Sprint this year.

All in all a top event and I reckon I'll be back next year (with better oil cooling, 4WD controller, lose some weight {me and the car}, ........). I've got 2:30 something firmly in the sights!

Nice time well done to Berry..glad he got the issues sorted with coil packs

I had two of my members up there aswell and done good times ..John Bright and Brian Needs ;) Would of been awesome fun!

Yeah Jess we (Hi Octane Team) were beside John all weekend and he really is a great guy.

Mark's R34 ran beautifully, except those bloody coil packs which of course, proved near impossible to find.

We will go through the footage and post some up ASAP. Please note we've discovered we have NO 4WD again, with the Attessa only coming in when sensing vertical movement, ie, over the crests, otherwise, she was pure 2WD, and wasted quite a bit of time, especially out of the slower turns such as Murrays and The Cutting.

Next year should be good ;)

Watching the brakes glow in the braking area after the 'Chase was pretty cool, Mark peaked at 319.7 klm/h down the chute during Friday's non timed practice.

Unfortunately the new coil packs didn't have the grunt to run a wide spark plug gap, so we were forced to close the gaps and sacrifice a bit of power for the timed runs.

I for one, cannot wait for next year!

Just looked at Natsoft, I think the 3rd place time was actually when John Bowe was driving that Ferrari Challenge car.

And mad props to Bruce Hibbard for bolting slicks onto his stock road car GT2 and hussling it around in the 21's after his GT2 race car popped the donk.

Edited by Marlin

Sure is. The track seemed a bit slow this year too. Russ' Evo 5 we took was about four seconds slower despite quite a bit more power and slick tyres.

Interestingly Peter Fitzgerald told us he's never seen something spank a Porsche Cup Car so hard on the straights, including when he's been at LeMans.

I can confirm Mark was on slicks.

Not making excuses because the times set were quick regardless, but Fitzgerald was driving a Cup car said he was around 5 seconds a lap slower this weekend due to track conditions. Normally 12's but couldn't better 17's.

:P i can tell you now there was a brake before the chase.

interesting how much down force the car was making over the crests, the car was pulling down that hard on the road it was try to lift you out of the seat.

280 odd up mpuntain straight too. lol

it was great to watch.

definately plenty left in it, and if it was a race weekend and some close competition it would have found a second or two, but was not worth taking any risks.

on the incar you can see he is leaving quite a bit in reserve. the hardest part was how fast he was passing cars & quite often they had no idea he was coming(not watching there mirrors), there were some close moments.