SAU Community

Sorry Guys, Went With A Gt2

MGS996TT

Munro - put down the crack pipe and slowly back away :cool:

As per the OP and the topic

"Sorry guys, went with a GT2"

I would be sorry too, the Carrera S is a much better daily, much more refined and arguably quicker point to point on real roads than the GT2. To buy Porsches attempt at a track car, and then keep it on the latte strips, thats really something to be sorry about :D

However its his car, his money, and an R35 forum :blink:

Edited by Martin Donnon

• Replies 304
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But would you have to post it on a Skyline forum to validate it? :blink:

Remember our R35 was the car that blew the 997 GT2 away in the track comparo in Wheels 2008 when it was dead stock by well over a second a lap. I like Porkers we had a modified 996TT it was a nice thing, but not R35 fast :cool:

From what I can tell he was choosing between a 35 and a porker. He's decided to go for the porshe. He is modding it and keeping us abreast (i fkn love that word and use it as much as possible) of the results. As a car enthusiast I enjoy reading about it.

Who gives a fark that its not a nissan and that is a porker?

Who gives a fark that its not a nissan and that is a porker?

It obviously upsets Martin that someone might choose a Porsche over a Nissan, and then have the nerve to not take it racing.

Edited by DCIEVE

Munro - put down the crack pipe and slowly back away :)

As per the OP and the topic

"Sorry guys, went with a GT2"

I would be sorry too, the Carrera S is a much better daily, much more refined and arguably quicker point to point on real roads than the GT2. To buy Porsches attempt at a track car, and then keep it on the latte strips, thats really something to be sorry about :bunny:

However its his car, his money, and an R35 forum :D

The Carrera S is in fact a very nice drive, I hired this 997 S (PDK) in Germany a few months ago…took it for a quick spin to Switzerland for a long weekend. It does not offer the same driving experience as a GT2. Also toured the new Porsche museum & factory.

DSC00128.jpg

DSC00122.jpg

DSC00147.jpg

DSC00122.jpg

Is that the "best driving road" that the top gear guys found in switzerland some episodes back? Looks like they could have made it a lot straighter than they did but someone in the roads dept wanted a reeeally nice road to have a fang on! Makes our Mt Alma hillclimb look a bit lame!

Akrapovic system arrived last night. Quality looks very good. Waiting on gaskets to arrive, will then install.

DSC00796.jpg

DSC00801.jpg

DSC00811.jpg

DSC00814.jpg

Wow, look at the build quality on that exhaust system!!!

Any chance of a youtube vid once installed?

Would love to hear the bark of this beast....

I too like to think of the R35 as being the faster car, whether that is true 100% of the time or not.

However, I am a car lover first and foremost and, like many others reading this topic, am very appreciative of MGS showing us his choice over an R35 and the ensuing modifications. I may be looking at a Skylines forum, but I don't mind a peek at a Porsche.

MGS does not need to justify to, or receive validation from, anyone regarding his choice of car or how he chooses to use it.

MGS, thank you.

Surely there's many other more appropriate subforums here for this particular topic.

Given the bitter rivarly between Porsche and GTR fans and especially the choosing of the name for the topic ("SORRY guys.....") I find this beeing in the R35 section uber smartass.

As far as the car itself, it's a shame when a car built for track never goes to the track.

It's almost like beeing married to Jeniffer Hawkins but never having sex with her.

Edited by mitric88

I suppose when its your money and your car you can do what you want with it. I'd hardly call it a "bitter rivalry" locally, thats all US forum stuff where they haven't had the exposure to GTRs like we have here.

I find it hard to see the reasoning why he needs to justify to others how he chooses to enjoy his vehicle, this is an enthusiasts forum no? If you don't like this thread, don't click on it. Its one of thousands on SAU.

Sorry will not see the track, only the occasional weekend drive.

I'm sorry to hear that - would love to see it's new brother doing something like this at 150km/h around the Southern Loop.

If I were you I would pack it up in the shipping container, send it to Europe and spend a whole month driving around - that continent is made for driving, not Oz - too restrictive, with 80-100kmh speed limits. I seriously doubt you could have fun on the roads near Melbourne, unless doing speed limit plus a bit is fun for some.

post-62747-1265534036_thumb.jpg

Rivarly was very alive and very bitter at Mallala today.

Many Porsche owners drove and praised the R32 GTR at Nissan track days in '91 but I doubt that the majority of them even remotely considered being seen in one and not much has changed with the R35 GTR

Everyone thought they were good bits of kit at Bathurst late last year and checked them out, no bitter rivalry that I saw. Most everyone was keen to see them out and about on the track.

Although everyone loved the R34 going nuts in the super sprint and taking the honours.

As far as the car itself, it's a shame when a car built for track never goes to the track.

It's almost like beeing married to Jeniffer Hawkins but never having sex with her.

not quite... its more like being married to "said person" and never doing "said action" in the bedroom, as that, viewed by others is the appropriate location to carry out such activites.... there is much much enjoyment to be had with "said person" in the kitchen, bathroom, hallway, dining room, lounge room, garage, pool, beach, back alley, etc. etc.

sex in a relationship is just one part of a big thing, and when it comes to a cool car like this... the driving is just one part of ownership... not like a stripped out cop which is only really good for an hour of thrashing...

the GT3 RS is built for the track.. the enzo FXX is built for the track.. the gt2 is just a really really fast road car..

I'm sorry to hear that - would love to see it's new brother doing something like this at 150km/h around the Southern Loop.

If I were you I would pack it up in the shipping container, send it to Europe and spend a whole month driving around - that continent is made for driving, not Oz - too restrictive, with 80-100kmh speed limits. I seriously doubt you could have fun on the roads near Melbourne, unless doing speed limit plus a bit is fun for some.

Nah you can have fun on Melbourne roads. Well you don't need to break the speed limit to have fun...just don't "brake" the speed limit and you'll have fun :P

Dandenong Ranges ftw. If you want the feeling off 300km/h in a straight line rent an R1 for a day and accomplish it in the space of 30 seconds lol. Not that I condone it :)