SAU Community

Cleaning The Twin Turbo Pipe And Other Dirty Items?

spec-V

Hey guys, I've done a search and couldn't find anything.

I like many people have a 'faded' or 'dull' whatever you want to call it twin turbo pipe and rocker cover's..

It looks like ass, and is very dirty, I've tried degreaser, wax and grease remover, contact cleaner and just plain old soapy water with elbow grease?!!!! :)

I would like it looking brand new, just like I see in many car mags!

Any ideas?

nope not yet (im too ashamed of my super dirty engine bay)

But basically mate it went from the dullest dirtyest yuck colour with calcification to a nice shiny silver..

Still a fair bit of pitting, but there is much more silvo to be done :)

the aluminium cleaner works well. you buy it from supercheap and spray it on, let it soak then wash it off. not good for painted surfaces or rubber though. you would want to have the parts off the car. i use it on my tinny and it makes a big difference.

Nearly there.. Few more little things to clean up then I'll be happy.. Can't beleive the amount of dirt and shit that came out of it!

Such a big difference, but OMG soooo much scrubbing!!!

I would suggest Silvo, lots of scrubbing, probly about an hour per peice, followed by wax and grease remover. Worked a treat. Don't be afraid of elbow grease but!

post-49100-1259281385_thumb.jpg

that pwc clip is pretty stupid. to be honest i could get the exhaust that clean with a sponge and the stuff i use to wash the car with. or even just a can of $2 degreaser, considering he spends a good 30 seconds scrubbing it with that brush. the brush is what made it clean, not the chemical.