SAU Community

Operation R.a.i.d

gdogzgtr

Guys/Girls, Just a warning that over next few weeks we are running operation R.A.I.D in relation to Drink/Drug driving with ALL units tasked to do Road Blocks every shift.

We have already got 3 drink driver's in last 3 nights and only checked about 15 cars. I hope none of you are stupid enough to drink and drive anyway but obviously there will be lots of intercepts which will lead to more fines, EPA, NOU etc also.

FYI One of the 3 was in a R34 GTT (Modified) thankfully not a club member.

Take care and be warned that expect to be intercepted more frequently over the next month or so.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys/Girls, Just a warning that over next few weeks we are running operation R.A.I.D in relation to Drink/Drug driving with ALL units tasked to do Road Blocks every shift.

We have already got 3 drink driver's in last 3 nights and only checked about 15 cars. I hope none of you are stupid enough to drink and drive anyway but obviously there will be lots of intercepts which will lead to more fines, EPA, NOU etc also.

Take care and be warned that expect to be intercepted more frequently over the next month or so.

Thanks for the heads up! Mummy's car FTW! lols

How long does that operation go on for?

Operation Runs until Mid December but other similiar operations will run through Xmas and New Years. There are always operations on but this one is being pushed very hard. It's the first time that I have seen/had instructions that all units to perform at least 1/2 hour to hour of Breath Test site every shift and extra Traffic car shifts rostered.

IMO we should be doing similiar things anyway when quiet pulling over cars for RBT's etc but I absolutely hate Drink Drivers.

simple message would be, get done for drink driving, its your own fault, get done for driving a illegal car, again its your own fault. Deal with it.

Wonder how many thread's we'll see popping up over the next few weeks with those who get done, just hope the forum members have some common sense over the next few weeks leading up to the festive time.

Thanks for the heads up Graeme. They seem to be cracking down on the fair cops who do their job instead of raising revenue, so I hope you don't get into trouble for posting warnings up. I imagine this campaign will receive some media coverage anyway?

Cheers For The Heads Up Graeme

Quote (and +1 on driving mum's car haha)

Do you guys still actually live with Mummy and Daddy let alone use there car? That's really sad i must say.

I live with my Mum because my parents are divorced, but anyway...you say sad, I say nest egg ;)

Ok, I've just copped my 5th defect notice in the Melbourne CBD...what the heck....I never ever get searched in the CBD...they done me hard...everything from POD, Power FC, CF bonnet, HID lights, Blow off valve, front mounted intercooler to my suspension was noted to be FIX or REMOVED. Then they slapped me with EPA as well.

One of the cops said that they're apparently in a blitz as Graeme had advised with specific defecting 'unroadworthy' vehicles in mind. Although they were nice about it...just made it obviously that something's up...damn it!

Shit, it has begun!

I had a couple of cops cars tailing me today through a couple of different speed zones...gave up chase when he saw I wasn't going to do anything illegal...he was sure as hell watching me close though. I suppose if they really want to get you they can/will...

Cheers For The Heads Up Graeme

Quote (and +1 on driving mum's car haha)

Do you guys still actually live with Mummy and Daddy let alone use there car? That's really sad i must say.

Sure do!

I lived out out home for a year or two, know what I discovered? It's a huge waste of money!

If I was single I might consider moving out again, but my GF lives at home too. Well, more like a mansion, doubt she'll ever move out.

DAMN! i gotta go into hiding lol nah im straight 100% but looks like im gonna get harrassed a lot more than usual now