SAU Community

Interior Re-trim Options

Jetwreck

Hi all.....don't know wether this post has been done before as I couldn't find.

Anyway wanted to get info on doing a re-trim or getting new front seats as the M35 AR-X front seats are shit. So if you can post pics of what you got done and where you got it done it would be great.

anyway....I'm look forward to seeing some pics of great C34's and M35's.

I actually don't mind them, but I don't have the factory leather. The cloth trim is a much better seat, you sit more "in" than "on" the seat. Possibly some re-bolstering then re-trim in a better quality leather?

Anyway wanted to get info on doing a re-trim or getting new front seats as the M35 AR-X front seats are shit. So if you can post pics of what you got done and where you got it done it would be great.

M35 seats are not shit per-say. . they are just not built for the g's you inflict on them in corners. . lol

But I agree a nice set of Leather recaro's would be more suited. . leopard skin if you are adventurous.

Give me a buzz, Craig. I can't remember if you saw mine at the last Stagea meet, but I bought some R32 GTR seats a while back, then had them re-trimmed. I got the same guy to re-trim my back seat to match the fronts, and he did the centre section of the door panels as well.

Pretty good pricing, and he did a great job!

IMG_4120.jpg

My C34 was retrimmed in leather after it was stolen. As it was an insurance job, I was not permitted to modify the seat bolstering etc, just choose choice of leather and stitching colour. I chose a matt black leather with stitching the same gunmetal grey colour as the factory center console surround to tie it in to the interior. The door inserts were trimmed in Black leather too. As my interior was originally the average cloth trim of the series 1 the retrim completely transformed the feel of the cabin, giving it a much more satisfying aesthetic whilst driving. The quality of leather makes a big difference too, i'm sure kidafa or chef will tell you the difference between mine and the stock nissan leather :( The only thing that I plan to change is to buy a leather Bride BRIX/ERGO seat and swap the drivers seat out, as C34 seats aren't very supportive.

I'm not sure how cost differs from state to state, but i'm sure as hell glad the insurance covered mine. Invoice came to $3500.

I'm walking down to the crash repairer now to choose the position of the number plate on my car, i'll try and take some piccies!

harts.

Back from the workshop and car is cluttered and filthy, so here are some photos of the car just after it had been retrimmed. The leather has relaxed a little since then, but you can get the gist of it.

4 photos, 3 linked and 1 posted so load times are reduced... can anyone tell me how to display images in the reduced format within posts? As I previously mentioned, it's matt black w/ gunmetal stitching matched to the centre console. It is perforated down the centre.

Detail:

P5190244.jpg

Fronts:

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i118/har...ll/P5190240.jpg

Rears:

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i118/har...ll/P5190241.jpg

Door Card:

http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i118/har...ll/P5190242.jpg

harts.

I have R33 gtr seats in mine. They're really, really comfy. Eventually I'll get them re-trimmed though and when I do that I'll probably do the door panels and hopefully the back seats. You can get custom made seat covers too. I'm not sure what they cost but I'm guessing it's a lot cheaper than re-trimming? Cant vouch for what they look like but if they're custom made you'd assume they fit well.

But I'd look around for some gtr seats. They bolt straight in - the ride height is a lot lower though. I need to sit on a pillow when I drive cos without it I can't even see the window squirters lol.

Those gtr seats look sweet, I should get a cheap pair and recover them to match the rears.

How comfortable are they? Will they bolt in to an M35?

I have R33 gtr seats in mine. They're really, really comfy. Eventually I'll get them re-trimmed though and when I do that I'll probably do the door panels and hopefully the back seats. You can get custom made seat covers too. I'm not sure what they cost but I'm guessing it's a lot cheaper than re-trimming? Cant vouch for what they look like but if they're custom made you'd assume they fit well.

But I'd look around for some gtr seats. They bolt straight in - the ride height is a lot lower though. I need to sit on a pillow when I drive cos without it I can't even see the window squirters lol.

Yeah, I find them great too! I noticed that I don't move around in the seat anywhere near as much, which is what I wanted.

When I still had the standard seats in, I'd go for drives through the twisties, and (especially) at the first track day I did, I was constantly holding onto the wheel and bracing myself with my legs against the door and centre console.

I don't know if they'd bolt straight into an M35 - the seat bolt patterns on C34s is the same as R32 and R33, so I had no issues. Probably your best bet is to see if you can borrow a set (or even just a single seat) from someone and see if the holes line up. The only thing I had to do when I got my seats back from the trimmer was swap the seat belt buckle over to the ones off the Stagea seats, as the wiring for the seat belt tensioner/warning light is different, and also the tongue for the standard seatbelt wouldn't fit into the R32 buckle.

Same here for the R33GTR seats. I have a set in mine and they are sweet. You sit a fair bit lower than standard, but at 5'10 I can still see clearly.

I like what they did with your rear seats. It looks good.

When I got the R33GTR seats for the front, seeing as my Stagea is a Series 1, my door trim was vile. I went and got some nice Series 2 trims, that surprisingly match the R33GTR seats.

The only thing is my rears. I've covered them with some ok seat covers from AutoBarn LOL, but I like what they've done with your rear seats.

If only I had the wealth of Bill Gates ....

Edited by GTRWAGON

i was considering putting leather in my RS4 S . as they dont come in leather.. EVER.

i dunno if i can be bothered now. ;) i find the fabric nice and its quite comfy after all.

try going on pimp-my-stag ?

Those gtr seats look sweet, I should get a cheap pair and recover them to match the rears.

How comfortable are they? Will they bolt in to an M35?

Nope. Only M35 or V35 seats are a straight bolt in.

But it couldn't be that difficult to adapt them, could it? ;)

why dont you get some V35 seats that are trimmed in suade or fabric? might be cheaper, i have seen whole sets on IM.

V35 coupe seats have a latch to fold the seat forward, so beware which ones you get!

Bloody smart arse. :P

I bet the missus wont drive the car if I drop the seat lower. She can just see over the wheel now.

Yellow pages?

I am sure she'd be happy with that :rofl:

Edited by iamhe77