SAU Community

2010 F1 Season

Roy

Schuey should leave it, he went out as one of, if not, the greatest driver of this decade.. he will be forever remembered as that..

if he comes back, he will fizzle out and be forgotton... like that guy in america... what was his name... ... ummmm... he had some cool shoes... and did big leaps... ahh i cant remember him... did he play baseball??? nooo.... i think he did something else... then went to baseball... ahh, what was his name?? big black guy.. did something with bulls i think.

i hope ferrari has a better season next year...

and i hope they all lose those stupid looking wheel covers.. they are homo.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

And a good thing too. The amount of issues they caused over the past couple of seasons was ridiculous. Plus, as a spectator, you can't see their brakes glowing.

Anyone been in the Jones stand? Contemplating buying a ticket for that stand before December 31st, so I can get a pit pass too :)

yes mate, have done the 4 corners package the last 2 years and was in Jones on the Sunday this year. very good.

And a good thing too. The amount of issues they caused over the past couple of seasons was ridiculous. Plus, as a spectator, you can't see their brakes glowing.

Anyone been in the Jones stand? Contemplating buying a ticket for that stand before December 31st, so I can get a pit pass too :P

Not surprised really after Luca's comments last week pretty much confirmed it. Shoiuld be an interesting season because if the Mercedes car is even half competitive Schu IS going to be in the mix

Anyone been in the Jones stand? Contemplating buying a ticket for that stand before December 31st, so I can get a pit pass too :D

is jones stand inside of T1 or outside? I always get jones and brabham stands confused. either way both are good. personally I prefer the inside of T1 whichever one that is. :)

I'm yet to fully believe that Schuey has signed yet, as I've only seen the report from the Bild newspaper. But, hopefully, Mercedes will come out and confirm the reports.

Interesting to see that Mercedes scored Petronas as their main sponsor, as I would've thought Lotus would have them on board.

is jones stand inside of T1 or outside? I always get jones and brabham stands confused. either way both are good. personally I prefer the inside of T1 whichever one that is. :(

The Brabham is the inside of T1. Just trying to gauge where I'll get better pictures with my 70-200 lens :D

If there were to be carnage on turn 1, would Brabham be a better viewing point?

{SHAKES HEAD AT MERCS SIGNING OF MS}

yeah me too. you know me troy. I love the bloke more than most. and probably more than is healthy for any man to love another man, but I'm not sure I want to see him back in F1. I had just managed to accept the fact that he will never race F1 again, and now he does this too me. and there is a real question over his ability at 41 to be a top driver (especially after a few years out of the game) and also a question mark over his new team and car...

yeah me too. you know me troy. I love the bloke more than most. and probably more than is healthy for any man to love another man, but I'm not sure I want to see him back in F1. I had just managed to accept the fact that he will never race F1 again, and now he does this too me. and there is a real question over his ability at 41 to be a top driver (especially after a few years out of the game) and also a question mark over his new team and car...

There is only one man that loves the Baron more than you BB,

and I think it is only natural!!

Homo-tan and Turn-Coat Button prepare

to be schooled by the flying Hun and the mighty Merc...

However I will still be cheering on the Red Missiles

Well, it's been confirmed by Mercedes, so it's definately going to make for an interesting season. Really feel sorry for Rosberg though, especially after being Brawn/Mercedes initial pick, now he has to play second fiddle to MS.

Hey boys, good to see the talk on the f1 season started already..

first of, noone has said a thing about webber (as far as i could see) i assume he's still with redbull?? vettel did well with the setup last year it will be good to see webber get a few more podiums, maybe even a few wins..

i just saw on the f1 website a confirmation of schuey signing with merc, as said above im a diehard schuey fan but i dont know if i was super keen on him coming back.. however now thats its confirmed and he'll be there, it will be good to see him shape up against the younguns of the sport...

also as usual there are a few rule changes this year, will cut and paste as i think its pretty important for all to see..

Though not as dramatic as the rule changes introduced for the 2009 season, the revisions for 2010 could still have a significant impact on the teams’ relative performance…

Refuelling

The biggest change for the 2010 season is the banning of refuelling during races for the first time since 1993. Pit stops will not become a thing of the past, however, as drivers still have to use both dry-weather tyre compounds during a Grand Prix. Of course, those stops will now be much quicker, quite possibly under four seconds.

The change requires cars to possess a much larger fuel tank - up from around 80 litres to something nearer 250 - and has a major effect on race strategy, with drivers having to pay more attention to tyre and brake conservation. To accommodate the bigger tank, the cars are likely to feature wider rear bodywork and a longer wheelbase. As a result, the weight distribution will be quite different to that of a 2009 car.

Points system

In place of the previous structure, which saw the top eight drivers scoring 10, 8, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2 and 1 point respectively, from 2010 the top ten finishers in a Grand Prix score points. The change has been introduced as a result of the expanded grid of 13 teams. Under the new system, the race winner takes 25 points, with 20 and 15 being awarded for second and third places respectively. The next seven finishers will score 10, 8, 6, 5, 3, 2 and 1 point respectively.

Weight

The minimum weight of the car has been raised from 605kg to 620kg. The initial thinking behind this was to offset the disadvantage faced by taller, heavier drivers in KERS-equipped cars (the additional weight of the KERS system meant they were left with less flexibility in terms of weight distribution than their lighter rivals). By mutual agreement, however, teams are now not expected to run KERS in 2010.

Narrower front tyres

When slick tyres returned to Formula One racing in 2009, the tyre size remained unchanged. In terms of contact area, this meant that the fronts gained proportionally more grip than the rears. This has been addressed for 2010, with front tyre width reduced from 270mm to 245mm, thus helping to bring back a better grip balance. Also, the ban on refuelling means cars will be around 100kg heavier at the start of a race than in 2009, so Bridgestone will use slightly harder tyre compounds to compensate.

No wheel fairings

Teams are no longer allowed to use the wheel rim covers that became so commonplace in 2009. Their removal means one less thing to go wrong when pit crews are trying to change of set of tyres in less than four seconds, and could also aid overtaking by making the airflow immediately behind cars less turbulent.

More teams

Thirteen teams - 26 cars - will feature on the grid in 2010. This means a slight alteration to the knockout qualifying session, which will now see eight drivers (as opposed to five) eliminated in Q1 and Q2, leaving ten to fight it out for pole in Q3. The ban on refuelling means that cars will qualify on low fuel in all three phases of the session.

Testing

If a team declares that one of their current race drivers is to be substituted by a driver who has not participated in an F1 race in the two previous calendar years, one day of track testing will now be permitted, on an approved circuit not being used for a Grand Prix in the current season. This is to avoid scenarios such as that seen in 2009 when Jaime Alguersuari made his Formula One debut with Toro Rosso having only previously driven an F1 car in straight-line testing.

In another minor change, teams will be allowed six rather than eight days of straight-line aero testing per season. They will also have the option of substituting any of these days for four hours of wind tunnel testing with a full-scale (rather than the normal 60 percent-scale) model.

alright thats it for now, i for one can not wait until the 12th of march.. bring on bahrain.. i'll certainly be adding to this thread alot over the next year..

harris

btw vettel ftw this year.. this boy will be huge..