2010 F1 Season

Roy

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm assuming Ivan is the person whose quote I responded to?

I've never claimed Mark Webber is the greatest driver in history, that wasn't anywhere near my point. I simply meant that he has quite a good chance at winning on Sunday, for several reasons:

1. One of Mark Webber's wins was in the wet, and rain is forecast apparently
  2. The Red Bull has shown strong evidence that it is a fast car. If they can make it finish (which they apparently can for Webber) a win is most definitely possible
  3. If it rains anything can happen. Remember speed-meister Giancarlo Fisichella? He won a wet race ... in a Jordan!

I'm sick of people knocking Mark just because he only has two wins. If you look at the history of the cars he's driven none of them before last year had more than a remote chance of winning, pretty much none at all in fact. It doesn't matter who you are, in F1 if you don't have the right car you can't win, and before last year Mark didn't have the right car. His teammates haven't done much better, with the exception of last year.

Yes Mark has had a couple of crashes. And this makes him different to who exactly? If you're pushing it in F1 you can crash. Passing in F1 is so difficult these days that it almost requires a kamikaze move. Despite this Mark managed some spectacular passes on Sunday.

Ok trolls, you've had your fun, now leave me alone :(

couldn't agree more. yes people do get carried away with the webber love a bit (myself included) but he's a good chance and is usually very quick in the wet and very quick in changeable conditions. so if there is rain i've no doubt he'll be on it. I imagine he's also pretty keen to make up for his miserable melb weekend. really if he'd taken that pole position things might have turned out differently. :D

couldn't agree more. yes people do get carried away with the webber love a bit (myself included) but he's a good chance and is usually very quick in the wet and very quick in changeable conditions. so if there is rain i've no doubt he'll be on it. I imagine he's also pretty keen to make up for his miserable melb weekend. really if he'd taken that pole position things might have turned out differently. :worship:

well, if he had taken pole, and not run off the road, and not crashed, and... well if he had of performed like Vettel all weekend, I suppose!

at least Mark's RBR hasn't broken yet!

Let's wait and see how he qualifies before we get to claiming how good his chances of winning a potentially wet race are :worship:

Yeah and 2 x pole for vettel this year has helped him greatly so far....

well He was looking sweet as for wins on both occasions before His car up and decided it cbf'd with this racing shit. dude has got to be a major player in the WDC chase if the team can provide Him with a reliable car.

M.Schumacher will Qualify within the first three grid boxes and Podium Place....

You read it here first!

ALFALFA will get one up on Lazy Eye Massa

Capt Chin will out drive Homo-Tron

And Jenson will tangle with Seb