Roy

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was so happy when Vettel's engine clocked off that I could have pee'd myself

The event was extra special due to what seemed like most the engine internals making a sparky dash for freedom via the bottom of the car :worship:

Webber did himself no favours today. A little bit guted for him...but perhaps a good thing as it will no doubt galvanise him for the remaining two races...and he still has the fastest car out there.

But he should have inherited a win today and bagged a 21 point lead in the championship. The important thing is he is till in front of vettel and you have to think with only 2 GPs to go RBR will be making sure Webber is ahead of Vettel getting max points to catch Alonso

Webber did himself no favours today. A little bit guted for him...but perhaps a good thing as it will no doubt galvanise him for the remaining two races...and he still has the fastest car out there.

But he should have inherited a win today and bagged a 21 point lead in the championship. The important thing is he is till in front of vettel and you have to think with only 2 GPs to go RBR will be making sure Webber is ahead of Vettel getting max points to catch Alonso

If they don't get behind webber at this stage then they are really doing everything they possibly can to lose the drivers title.

RBR getting behind Webber makes the logical choice, but I seriously doubt they will. (which I think will cost them the drivers and constructors championship)

I get the feeling they will only support Webber when it is mathematically impossible for Vettel to win the cup.

Going by the number of races left, it will be too late.

Will be interesting. If you look back on the year, Mark has had some good fortune but he has made two costly mistakes with his back flip when he should have bagged some very good points and again yesterday, his mistake looping it.

But, if RBR want to win, Vettel is now 25 points off the WDC, and with two races to go, and Massa being so strong in Brazil then you have to think a podium in Brazil will be hard to come by with Hamo, Massa, Alonso and the RBR pilots fighting for a step. So, even if Vettel wins remaining two GPs that most likely wont be enough for him to win. If Mark has two strong finishes then he is a good chance of beating Alonso...especially if they can put Vettel between Mark and Alonso

Will be interesting....but great to see Button have to hold his hand up and say I suck and will not retain my title of pretty lucky guy to have won a WDC. It is easy to be critical of the guy, but he had such a car advantage early on in the season that when he had only one of the best 3 cars he struggled and now that we have seen him alongside Hamo we see that he cant drive a car that isnt perfect, finishing well below what the car is capable of.

We decided at the pub that he should change his name to Australias Mark Webber. Come on Australias! Channel 10s coverage sh1ts me to tears!

Oh...and RBR think the drivers have to do it on their own...they have one chance and that is Brazil, you have to think Massa is going to be a strong chance to win there and that means he will be moving over for Alonso so if its a Ferrari 1-2 then RBR could be licking their wounds well before the final lap of aAbu Dhabi

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/motorsport...one/9122092.stm

Edited by Roy