SAU Community

So Is Anyone Buying Their R35 Something For Xmas?

Snowman

As the title states - is anyone getting their car anything for Xmas?

I've been well behaved with mine to-date and the only thing I've had for it until now is the midpipe. But because I'm keen to start "using" the car next year (and maybe start to steal some of Duncan and Mareks thunder in track performances as they seem to be having too much fun!) I've got a few things lined up for the car.

I've ordered a couple of little CF bits (hood ducts and fender grills) - simply because I always promised myself I'd do some cosmetics before I got carried away with performance with this car. So this is a token jesture to myself to keep that promise - plus I think they'll look pretty sweet on the white car.

I've also ordered some new AP Rotors and pads so that it's ready for the track next year.

I'll also be getting soon some Willall fluids and coolers to keep everything as safe as possible.

This should have me ready to start on the track so I can see for myself where I reckon the car will need work done first for the best performance improvements.

Anyone else got anything planned? We all seem to be pretty tame here in Oz with these cars so far!

Snowy, got a willall exhaust coming, carbon intake pods, carbon diffuser blades, j-hook rotors & hawks pads, and carbon/kevlar supertaxi seat plus aeromotions active wing. oh, and a garage full of 2nd hand slicks! ffs don't tell my wife.

Snowy, got a willall exhaust coming, carbon intake pods, carbon diffuser blades, j-hook rotors & hawks pads, and carbon/kevlar supertaxi seat plus aeromotions active wing. oh, and a garage full of 2nd hand slicks! ffs don't tell my wife.

Good work - I knew someone else would be buying themselves something for Xmas!

Hawk pads hey - I thought you were going the Project Mu options? I'm getting the Ferrodo DS3000's myself - only because they are what I always run in the R34 and I've never had an issue with them.

But I'm now being sorely tempted by these as well. - http://www.mvpgtr.com/product_info.php?products_id=292

Good work - I knew someone else would be buying themselves something for Xmas!

Hawk pads hey - I thought you were going the Project Mu options? I'm getting the Ferrodo DS3000's myself - only because they are what I always run in the R34 and I've never had an issue with them.

But I'm now being sorely tempted by these as well. - http://www.mvpgtr.com/product_info.php?products_id=292

those pipes look schmick

re the pads, i think i will try the mx72's next time around (i already had the hawk pads so better use them). I will be interested to hear about how the 3000's go, please let us know.

Got mine a Willall titanium exhaust Willall tune and Cobb AP.Just installed the tune-easy as so had to "Test it "of course,what a difference its made you've got to love this plug and play horse power, cant fit the exhaust till after xmas but what a beautiful piece of work it is and so light.A real credit to Martin and his team.

The M6 pictured beside my 35 was my goal before the GTR was released.After seeing them side by side so glad I went with the Datto.The other two photos are part of a guys collection in Thailand.Hmmm graphics.

ohoh I gotta go now,just got back from testing the tune and I think thats the police chopper I can hear.

post-55831-1261288877_thumb.jpg

post-55831-1261288958_thumb.jpg

post-55831-1261289026_thumb.jpg

OK......would love a set of http://www.stillen.com/product.asp?id=STIG...;c=BR&m=all

But want someone else to buy/test a set first and tell me how durable / good they are....... :)

I know one of the local members on here has ordered a set (not yet arrived though). He might be nice enough to pop up and let you know how they go once they are fitted :bunny:

As the title states - is anyone getting their car anything for Xmas?

I've been well behaved with mine to-date and the only thing I've had for it until now is the midpipe. But because I'm keen to start "using" the car next year (and maybe start to steal some of Duncan and Mareks thunder in track performances as they seem to be having too much fun!) I've got a few things lined up for the car.

I've ordered a couple of little CF bits (hood ducts and fender grills) - simply because I always promised myself I'd do some cosmetics before I got carried away with performance with this car. So this is a token jesture to myself to keep that promise - plus I think they'll look pretty sweet on the white car.

I've also ordered some new AP Rotors and pads so that it's ready for the track next year.

I'll also be getting soon some Willall fluids and coolers to keep everything as safe as possible.

This should have me ready to start on the track so I can see for myself where I reckon the car will need work done first for the best performance improvements.

Anyone else got anything planned? We all seem to be pretty tame here in Oz with these cars so far!

Snowman

any idea what a set of AP's and pads will cost? I'm looking at a bit of track time in the New Year!

Richard

• 3 weeks later...

We will kick it off with our Willall development GTR receiving some nice new presents all aimed at improving this cars already super quick lap times. First up a nice little mod to the factory blow off valves. With the stock inlet pipes already being nice cast pieces, these little bungs stop the factory BOV from pushing open over 1.2 bar boost pressure. Its a $5 modification to replicate the performance of a $500 aftermarket part :happy:

trackprep1.jpg

Next up was some nice JRZ adjustable suspension from Sharif at Forged. Who wants to be bothered re-inventing the wheel? Not me, so using a known, proven, and lap time capable suspension solution like JRZ just kind of makes good engineering sense. They are also 5lb lighter per corner than the factory parts :cool:

trackprep2.jpg

As I put in the WR35WS thread this is the pedestal mount for the brake water spray system. This allows the driver to turn the system on and off by flicking the switch which is mounted within reach of the driver in a strapped in position. This doesnt sound important till you are out on the track feeling around for switches

trackprep3.jpg

Factory GTR seats are not the best for the track so we went to a locally made Velo composite seat for the GTR mounted on a Bride rail. This seat is an FIA legal piece and has the head restraints I feel are necessary for serious race use, holding your head stable in the case of an accident. A nice functional and effective piece

trackprep4.jpg

Last but not least a session on the corner weight scales. We use an Intercomp system - and no those numbers arent from the GTR, they are from my EVO, which is a lot lighter. Still we were able to dial in some excellent cross-weights in the GTR but using the adjustable JRZ suspension.

trackprep5.jpg

All thats left to come is the Aeromotions wing

wow, 1577kegs, so 200 less than stocker?
Last but not least a session on the corner weight scales. We use an Intercomp system - and no those numbers arent from the GTR, they are from my EVO, which is a lot lighter. Still we were able to dial in some excellent cross-weights in the GTR but using the adjustable JRZ suspension.