SAU Community

Best Wheel Offset For R33 Gts25t

Mevo

Hello,

I'm looking to put some 18" or keep 17" on a R33 GTS25T.

Will need something that will fit well without the need to have agressive camber, roll fender or spacer.

Someone told me to go:

Nissan Skyline R33 GTS25T

18X8.0 +33 225/40 R18 F

18X9.0 +39 255/35 R18 R

or on 17"

17X8.0 +35 225/45 R17 F

17X9.0 +38 245/40 R17 R

Anyone running that kind of specs? Pics?

Thank you.

Edited by Mevo

mate have a look there is actually a thread dedicated to fitment search is your friend.

i think your specs are too conservative but depends what you want i guess

id say 18x9 +30 is fine do you want staggared fitment or same size all round?

Saying "I want the best offset, but dont want camber/rolling/lipping", is a bit like saying "I want dirty slappers but don't want the clap"

I reckon halve your offsets and add an inch of width front and back.

However, if you wanna be soft about it and stay all legal and that, i'd go 17/18 X 9 +30 all round (R33 GTR and R34 GTR wheel sizing respectively)

I'd also suggest that a 40 profile on a 17 inch rim in the rear will be too low, better to stick to a 45.

cheers,

Jesse

• Like 1

I don't mind having different size F and R

I am looking for some aggressive look ( deep lip style if possible ) but without getting problem with rubbing and stay of course legal.

Will mostly daily drive with that set.

Gonna check that offset thread.

Thank you!

Edited by Mevo

i wouldnt worry so much about legal and you wont get much dish on your suggestions rolling guards is no big deal any particular reason you want to stay away from it?

dont add an inch as suggested im running 18x9.5 +15 and 18x10 +20 on r33 and its taken a fark load of work to make it fit without mexican look. including +20mm new front guards lots of camber + low.

pm me if you want pics of different wheels and sizes i tried a few on my r33.

• Like 1

i wouldnt worry so much about legal and you wont get much dish on your suggestions rolling guards is no big deal any particular reason you want to stay away from it?

dont add an inch as suggested im running 18x9.5 +15 and 18x10 +20 on r33 and its taken a fark load of work to make it fit without mexican look. including +20mm new front guards lots of camber + low.

pm me if you want pics of different wheels and sizes i tried a few on my r33.

The reason I don't want to roll the fender is because I'm gonna keep the car just for a year or so before selling it again.

So I'm trying to get a nice stance rims + coilover. without having to touch the fender itself ( ok i'm lazy to do it as well )

Here a pic of my evo sitting on aggressive rims ( but I had to roll the fender )

looking something close to that :)

DSC03028.jpg

Edited by Mevo

That offset on your evo is sick, should totally stick with that theme!

18X9 +30 up front and 18X9.5 +25 rear or thereabouts should get a similar look, and I'm pretty sure wouldnt scrub on stock guards so long as you run sensible tyre sizing, like 235/40 F and 245/40R.

Saying that, while i appreciate the appeal in staying legal, make sure you check the rules in your own state, as they vary as to what you can do with adding width to wheels and increasing track/reducing offset. I know in WA you cannot go wider than the widest rim specified on the tyre placard if said rim is 8" or greater wide.

So if you have to deal with anything like that, try to get a tyre placard that lists the width on GTR's, as this will allow 9" wide, or if your state allows +1 width sizing, you can go up to 10" legally.

cheers,

Jesse.

btw. Now your car(s) part of your sig makes sense, if the part suggesting the EVO is AMS tuned, 2.3L stroked and rocking a gt35r, well, I don't know how in hell an r33 satisfies you!

Edited by JayTay

That offset on your evo is sick, should totally stick with that theme!

18X9 +30 up front and 18X9.5 +25 rear or thereabouts should get a similar look, and I'm pretty sure wouldnt scrub on stock guards so long as you run sensible tyre sizing, like 235/40 F and 245/40R.

Saying that, while i appreciate the appeal in staying legal, make sure you check the rules in your own state, as they vary as to what you can do with adding width to wheels and increasing track/reducing offset. I know in WA you cannot go wider than the widest rim specified on the tyre placard if said rim is 8" or greater wide.

So if you have to deal with anything like that, try to get a tyre placard that lists the width on GTR's, as this will allow 9" wide, or if your state allows +1 width sizing, you can go up to 10" legally.

cheers,

Jesse.

btw. Now your car(s) part of your sig makes sense, if the part suggesting the EVO is AMS tuned, 2.3L stroked and rocking a gt35r, well, I don't know how in hell an r33 satisfies you!

Exaclty what I'm looking for!

LoL, with a pic, it is easier for me to explain what I'm looking for ( english is not my main language )

Evo is running on Enkei NTO3M 18x9.5 +27 Front and 18x9.5 +40 Rear ( Eiback Spacers 5mm for the rear ) Warped with Nitto NT555 275/35/18.

I'm currently in New Zealand for work, and I always wanted to try the RB25DET or REB26DETT.

I end up getting the R33 GTS25T because you can get pretty good deal on them and RWD is fun :banana:

R33 is just going to be a DD car for home to work, so plenty HP/Torque for what I'm going to do!

Oh and that RB25DET soound sooooo good.... can't wait to mod it a bit.

Thanks a lot.

Sweet deal man! R33s are cheap as chups in NZ, i thought they were pretty liberal with mods though?

Kind of a "land that time forgot" deal?

Haha, I totally get the 25det sound thing, just got my 33 back on the road and after driving around my xr6 ute for a while, well, I'm glad to be back in the line.

cheers,

Jesse

Sweet deal man! R33s are cheap as chups in NZ, i thought they were pretty liberal with mods though?

Kind of a "land that time forgot" deal?

Haha, I totally get the 25det sound thing, just got my 33 back on the road and after driving around my xr6 ute for a while, well, I'm glad to be back in the line.

cheers,

Jesse

The one I found is all stock except a 3inch muffler and a boost gauge.

Dunno how far you can go to keep it street legal, but sometimes I see car with noisy muffler and roll cage driving around the corner.

I'm from Tahiti, and this will be the only chance to try some real JDM stuff while in NZ.

Can't beat the sound of the RB25DET even if my evo has 600whp+. :banana:

mine are, 17x8+36 front and x9+38 rears

the car is still at the stock height and near nothing camber.. im planning to run this thing with 245/45s in the back and 225/45 or 235/45 up the front

currently has 215/45 up front and 245/40 on the rear but only because i have too lol

am also planning to give it close to 2 deg camber all round once its got the suspension done and am anticipating no scrub.

Hope this helps :blink:

post-43588-1261393443_thumb.jpg

post-43588-1261393536_thumb.jpg

id hope that wouldnt scrub they are very conservative offsets/sizes.

i barely scrub just on big bumps and im running a massive 265/35 when i put a smaller tyre wouldnt rub at all.

P1170007.jpg

P1170008.jpg

ignore the front that took quite a bit of work but the rear is 18x10 +20 with only slight roll @ rear and you can see how low it is and like i said rubs only ever so slighty.

judging from your evo you know what it takes to make it look good so just do it and forget all these cookie cutter sized rims.

id hope that wouldnt scrub they are very conservative offsets/sizes.

horses for courses. this car will be driven far from conservative, my last evo never saw the track and had to run no less than +50 to "putt around" on the street. +43s were scrub a dub dub!

needless to say when im allowed to drive again in 2019 my "conservative offsets" shouldnt give me that problem :blink: yet should keep me scrub free on my track duties till then

On topic, if your going to track your skyline or even drive it hard and want to run decent tyres i probably wouldnt venture out of the 30 range in the back

GL

lol they come higher than that, 60 sumthen on the back of my 928.. 11" wide tho i believe :(

but please, PLEASE, PLEEEAASE dont get tempe specials lol... if you must go cheap atleast lenso's.. but not another skyline with vaults or gestaults.. please ill vomit...

yet the tempe comments would hardly make any sense to you.. being in NZ at the moment and owning a LHD evo i doubt you know anything about tempetyres.. perhaps for the better lol

I don't really get the tempetyres?!?! but I don't plan to invest lot of money on that car. Especially not on rims, no go on brand like Volk Racing...

But I'm going to get something like that:

110232070_full.jpg

( TE replica ) with some Yokohama S.Drive :P

I do plan to hit the track, so far I'm set on 18 x 9.0 + 30 allaround

But waiting for the car before deciding on anything, should pick it up my R33 tomorrow. :D

Edited by Mevo