SAU Community

Darwin

nuffin_werks

• Replies 521
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I dropped my car of to have a new set of Yokohamas fitted (at a tyre fitting shop) at 11am today. I was there when the "Test Pilot" from the shop returned from test driving it. When i checked my PowerFC hand controller it showed he had been doing 129kph and it had been knocking 70 (anything above 60 is going to destroy the motor). I should also mention he was only gone for 5 to 10 minutes so he would have barely made it to the 100kph zone on Tiger Brennan.

After confronting the manager he talked to the "Test Pilot" who admitted he had seen 135kph on the speedo while he was test driving it.

It was middle of the day and he takes my TURBO skyline out and thrashes it, it was set to 15pounds at the time he took it for a test drive. I dont even give it heaps during the middle of the day.

Is there anywhere you can get a set of tyres fitted here in darwin without having to worry about some young punk THRASHING your car???

Man that really sucks, nothing you can do about it either really... One of my mechanics customers put in his 6.8L chev powered landcruiser to get new tyres i think, and when he got it back, his 1st, 2nd, 3rd synchros were destroyed and the clutch non existent... they said it was like that when they received it....

With my silvia and the microtech, i have, well lost it now cause of stupid battery. But will put it in again as a separate memory, a rev limit at 3000rpm where it cuts injectors to 0%... No more thrashing for those punks.. and chances are the ****ers dont know what they are doing with ecus... and can just easily disconnect the handset so they can't get to it .

Sounds like a plan. My problem was that the guy that was supposed to have taken it for a drive (the normal guy) was on holidays.

But that doesnt matter anymore because from now on if any workshop even hints at taking my car for a test drive i will tell them to severely F@#K @FF and if i come back and find one more kay on it than when i dropped it of i will take them to court.

It sickens me that you cant trust a workshop to look after your car anymore.

Sounds like a plan. My problem was that the guy that was supposed to have taken it for a drive (the normal guy) was on holidays.

But that doesnt matter anymore because from now on if any workshop even hints at taking my car for a test drive i will tell them to severely F@#K @FF and if i come back and find one more kay on it than when i dropped it of i will take them to court.

It sickens me that you cant trust a workshop to look after your car anymore.

Bob Jane in cas seem to be pretty good.........but i had a problem with a well know suspension place, to have me suspension checked.....they put like 50kms on it, didn't bother going back there again or buying anything from them......

They shouldn't need to TEST DRIVE you car at all reguardless, only if your car has a problem after the fitted then maybe to find out what is acutally wrong

Just thought i might add my 2 cents......

With my mechanic they wait till i get there to pick the car up before they test drive it with me in it.

How many choices of workshops do u guys have up there?

When i was living there i didn't own my 'Line.

And never really saw any Skylines up there, mayb 1 or 2 but thats about it.

Are there any DEDICATED Turbo workshops there?

High Tech Tuning do a lot of the turbo work around town. No one else seems to be either interested or capable of doing the work. I have heard some horror stories of cars going to other workshops and then being driven to High Tech on a tilt tray for job to be done properly. What did you run down the 1/4 with the turbo set up?? Sold my GTS4 a couple of weeks ago and am having fun in the Stagea (enter the wagon) family car.

Ken

ARE YOU SERIOUS?????

I'm looking at selling my car and possibly getting a Stageatoo, and dropping in a manual.....

Plus cops up here love to hate skylines so it would be something they wouldn't pull over....

How are they?

Worth the buy?

How much did you pay if you don't mind me asking?

nuffin_werks have a read of my first post..

There is no doubt as to the fact that he thrashed the car because of the detonation read by my power FC and the speed (129kph) was very illegal for an 80kph zone he was in (again read by my powerFC and they admitted to this). And to top it of i had been assured by the manager 10minutes before hand that the young test pilot was "OK".

ALSO it wasnt a mechanical workshop it was a tyre workshop, i was only having some front tyres fitted. If it had been mechanical i would have been at cheethams.

BTW Goon its spelt Stagea.

ARE YOU SERIOUS?????

I'm looking at selling my car and possibly getting a Stageatoo, and dropping in a manual.....

Plus cops up here love to hate skylines so it would be something they wouldn't pull over....

How are they?

Worth the buy?

How much did you pay if you don't mind me asking?

Mate they are a great car! People call them Volvo's though :throwup:

I am thinking about importing a couple so let me know if you want one. PM me for a price.

Did you get 32 down the quarter?? What did you run??

Cheers m8,

Ken

Currently cannot run it down the track as my car is defected and out of Rego :S

Will let you know though.......

As far as the Stagea goes best price i have been given is $17,500 landed, not complied.....

Who complied yours? or did you buy one in the country already?

You putting a manual in it?

I'm also looking at getting a different people mover, its an import but a lil quicker than a stagea hehehehehehe but its a toyota and complience is almost impossible to find plates for em :D.......

Yeah PRANK i sent a reply pm about what you asked me. Hope you get it.

Hi all , sorry if my post was a bug bear , guess i only got half the story lol

Ken, i left that bottle at home , so ill drink it when i get back . been drinking heaps down here and the girls are hot as ......

id love to have my car here as ive seen heaps of LINES getting around town on friday and saturday night. maybe ill get a chance to catch up wiff some of these guys while im down here.

anyway , its cold here in this computer room so im going to find a heater , catch ya later guys . bye

The Chickman

Currently cannot run it down the track as my car is defected and out of Rego :S

Will let you know though.......

As far as the Stagea goes best price i have been given is $17,500 landed, not complied.....

Who complied yours? or did you buy one in the country already?

You putting a manual in it?

I'm also looking at getting a different people mover, its an import but a lil quicker than a stagea hehehehehehe but its a toyota and complience is almost impossible to find plates for em :P.......

I think I know the toyota you are talking about. Dont hold your breath for compliance though!

Compliance for the Stagea is very expensive $5500.00. PM me for a price on a complied Stagea. I bought mine from a dealer I know, cant tell you the price sorry!. I would have imported one myself but time didnt allow for it. The Stagea will remain an auto because the conversion is a pain in the arse. This car is just a substitute until the 260RS arrives. :wassup:

Cheers,

Ken