SAU Community

Tuned R35 Gtr Vs Tuned R32 Gtr

GTRAAH

Wow to see them all in the same second time with all the diff KW outage.Strange i would think almost 100kw diff at the wheels is a HUGE difference in speed. And the 295kw R32 I dont really consider HIGHLY modified, I thought the r35 stock was about 320kw Stock standard?? but anyway thats Interesting Thanks for that i would of loved to see that race!

You can Youtube it and it is a great race too!

The R32 GTR, although the power output was just under 300 kW, it weighted the lightest of all 4 GTR's in the race.

Light weight was the main goal for Bee*Racing.

The R32, R33 and R34 GTR's all ran with HKS V-Cam upgrades (Variable Valve Timing).

R33 GTR had a HKS 2.8L Conversion.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm each to their own but I think the genius in the R35 is the mating of the drivetrain to the engine, as that is what's really responsible for the never ending supply of power. The engine outputs and variables are nothing special IMO.

To the people bagging this thread, well yeah it sounds like another supercars.net thread but if you were dumb enough to click on this shit and reply to it...where was the gun to your head? Kid's just trying to learn something and to be honest it's a welcome change from the usual 'look how much money I have' threads that frequent this section :D

Hmmm each to their own but I think the genius in the R35 is the mating of the drivetrain to the engine, as that is what's really responsible for the never ending supply of power. The engine outputs and variables are nothing special IMO.

To the people bagging this thread, well yeah it sounds like another supercars.net thread but if you were dumb enough to click on this shit and reply to it...where was the gun to your head? Kid's just trying to learn something and to be honest it's a welcome change from the usual 'look how much money I have' threads that frequent this section :D

Yep!

The gearbox is mounted at the rear to utilise or put down as much power / torque to the ground.

the fact that the R35 runs a twin-clutch manual makes it capable of being even faster than it should be at the track given how much it weighs (that, and the very well thought out weight distribution)

any circuit (or even drag) racing that involves lots of gearchanging sees the 35 saving crucial tenths over a manual every time you change gears. not much per change, yes- but over multiple corners, and say- multiple laps- for an enduro, it really starts to add up in a major way. shame it takes away a pleasant layer of interaction that any enthusiast enjoys while driving (ie- changing your own gears at a direct mechanical level, with the ability to skip from say, 5th to 2nd in one motion if you want, rather than sequentially). it's not all about how fast you can maul a racetrack

as for power, well- how much do you want to spend? I'm sure the VR38 is capable of some fairly startling amounts of power given enough re-engineering (even more than the wildest RB's to date), but the cost would be off the planet. every serious upgrade for the 35 is big-ticket, and probably will be for a fair while yet

Coool i just saw the race :D The accelaration of the r34 was crazy.. I currently own a 94 R32 GTR great condition, i have only spent 14k including labour, Gearbox internals all stock Im only running 15psi on the garret -5 turbos and im making 316awkw that was 1st go on the dyno didnt try anymore as i was happy with that tune and told them to pack it up It was a safe tune considering the internals are all stock and im in the 11sec 1/4 mile barrier and thats fast enough although i am aiming closer to the 400awkw and a comfortable 10 sec 1/4 mile i think thats when ill close my wallet... im a thrill seeker LOVE my car.. Even if i was rich id keep my r32 but ofcourse buy an r35 aswell. Im a GTR fanatic.. LOL its a pointless thread but im just observing peoples opinions no harm ;)

Put $100k of mods in the R32 and you'll have a better and faster car than the stock R35.

That should certainly make you feel better right?

Faster? Perhaps. Better? I'd say definitely not.

Put $100k of mods in the R32 and you'll have a better and faster car than the stock R35.

LMAO 100k on the r32 GTR f*k thats an easy 9 sec car... Ofcourse its going to be faster then a stock r35 0.o... Even to get an R35 in the 9sec your going to need ALOT of cash!...Technology on the r35 inside and out ofcourse will make the car a nice drive Im not talking about nicest driving feeling No doubt the r35 is a more comfortable ride its almost 20 yrs newer and as ive read before it even feels like it does the driving for you at times but newayz im not asking whats the more comfortable ride im asking whats the more bang for your money here... I Just love the feeling of speed :).....from what ive been hearing Id say the adrenaline Rush feeling in a Beefed up R32 will out way the r35 probably due to the fact that theres less traction on the R32 LOLL

Edited by GTRAAH

I Just love the feeling of speed :( .....from what ive been hearing Id say the adrenaline Rush feeling in a Beefed up R32 will out way the r35 probably due to the fact that theres less traction on the R32 LOLL

lol have you ever heard of power to weight?

Yeh.. Obviosly the R35 has more power to weight if it beats the rb26 stock for stock and is a heavier car... but newayz i was just saying pretty much, for less $$$ whats the faster car out of the GTR's.. im not talking about the overall car performance. I guess each to there own... And belieive me if i had the money id buy an R35 but the R32 would stay and everything will be re-built inside and out back to brand new, every single bolt will be changed, everything forged and upgraded around the RB and id say with 115k I'll do all of it.. Anyways Like you said USELESS thread lol no more posts then.

Edited by GTRAAH

The issue for some buyers (like myself) is not really how fast an R32 GTR is, compared to a R35 GTR...........but the Luxury you get from the R35 GTR. (Yes, I'm getting old LOL)

An R32 GTR is a Raw, Untamed Sports car........an R35 GTR is a Sports Car that was aimed more for the Luxury Market. (Leather, quiet exhaust, smooth ride, GPS, Climate Control, Cruise Control etc etc etc)

I know I can't wait to get my R35 GTR......as the car will be a lot smoother than my current Evo 9, which is also a Raw Drive. By that I mean the exhaust rumbles the car and is just not smooth.......an R35 GTR is so quiet and smooth......I bet you would be able tell the difference between a Loud Street Car (anything with an A.Market Exhaust) racing a Stock R35 GTR.......and how much more quiet the R35 is........without drawing as much attention (from the po po) as the Louder Car.

It all depends on what you want to drive and how Raw a feel you want to your car, as all GTR's are certainly capable cars!!!

Yeh Don your right! Definatley will be smoother! But you know what the other day i heard an r35 Take off the lights on a quiet main st and it put shivers down my spine, it sounded like it was going to eat something very violent Deep Scream was sexy :( i dont know if something was done to it BUT MANN. I LOVED IT! Is that what they sound stock.. Maybe from the inside of the cabin you cant hear that but SHITTTT it was a loud scream. And im not talking about the a market exhaust scream your talking about its a scream like no other like it came out of its belly DAYM i almost shit myself maybe because the st was empty and it echoed more but MY GOD it was a scream u want to hear again and again. It will put people in there seats! It wasnt a a high rev take off So it started quiet then just opened up... ill try explain it in words lool woooooooooooOOOOOOARGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGH!

Edited by GTRAAH

But deffinatley wont give as much attention then the smaller turbo cars with the FLuttering turbo sounds and the aftermarket exhausts. cops will respect the R35 driver much more, the car just sounds like shear power. They probably be like so how does it feel to drive that thing hahaha

The issue for some buyers (like myself) is not really how fast an R32 GTR is, compared to a R35 GTR...........but the Luxury you get from the R35 GTR. (Yes, I'm getting old LOL)

An R32 GTR is a Raw, Untamed Sports car........an R35 GTR is a Sports Car that was aimed more for the Luxury Market. (Leather, quiet exhaust, smooth ride, GPS, Climate Control, Cruise Control etc etc etc)

I know I can't wait to get my R35 GTR......as the car will be a lot smoother than my current Evo 9, which is also a Raw Drive. By that I mean the exhaust rumbles the car and is just not smooth.......an R35 GTR is so quiet and smooth......I bet you would be able tell the difference between a Loud Street Car (anything with an A.Market Exhaust) racing a Stock R35 GTR.......and how much more quiet the R35 is........without drawing as much attention (from the po po) as the Louder Car.

It all depends on what you want to drive and how Raw a feel you want to your car, as all GTR's are certainly capable cars!!!

Do you have a Thing for making Proper Nouns out of words that Need only start with a Lower-Case letter?

:)

How much were R32's here? (when new)

you cant compare a new car with something that has had 20 years of depreciation. I reckon in todays money an R32 was MORE expensive than todays R35's (at least in australia anyway).