M35 Rotor's & Brakes

Brendan&Ana

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Akebono big brake set!?

Nope.:ph34r:

DBA4000 Series Slotted, $280 each for the front, $245 each for the rear.

DBA5000 Series Slotted, $595 each for the front.

• 3 weeks later...

So I enquired about Braided brake lines for the G35x (which should fit ours ours) from Cozperformance.

I asked specifically whether the G35x and regular G35 lines will be different due to ATTESSA being present in the G35.

This is his response:

The Stoptech SS Brake lines eliminate the block mounts on the original

lines, thus we don't have to follow them anymore. This allow us to

install the lines on any G35 model.

Anyone want to translate that for me? What's the block mounts?

So he's basically saying that braided lines for the G35 will fit G35x which has ATTESSA.

Hopefully they'll fit our cars then....hmmm

Hmm called Goodridge and Stoptech, both of them say they only have lines for the regular G35, not the AWD version.

Stoptech says due to their location in the West Coast, there's no G35x's around...most of them are in the North East where the weather sucks. Which means no test car to make lines off.

So what do you guys think? Grab a set of G35 lines and pray to see if they fit?

or buy the rear lines and spend $200 to get front ones custom made here?

Ok so just to re cap...

A good set up using standard calipers is?

I know alot was talked about but nothing concreate.

Nice set of slotted DBA rotors and maybe some Nismo Pad's to suit worked great for me before I went the next step!....Pads are a personal preference I liked the Nismo's because I could not get em to fade on the street and they had a great feel.

Edited by Jetwreck

Nice set of slotted DBA rotors and maybe some Nismo Pad's to suit worked great for me before I went the next step!....Pads are a personal preference I liked the Nismo's because I could not get em to fade on the street and they had a great feel.

+1 upgraded slotted rotors are great, and every man and his dog has a different opinion about pads; all the 'brand name' pads will be an upgrade from stock at the end of the day, depends how far you want to push your budget :thumbsup: I went with EBC, they seem to work well for me

Where did you get the Nismos?

I was looking at getting the QFM HPX pads, only need to do the rears for now but would prefer something with low dust.

Where did you get the Nismos?

I was looking at getting the QFM HPX pads, only need to do the rears for now but would prefer something with low dust.

HPX are low dust, I have been running them front and rear for the past month on stock rotors/calipers.

They're pretty good and don't need warming up like the A1RM's do... but then again, they don't dust up anywhere near them either.

I think that the Nismo's were pretty much dust free.

You should be able to get some pretty cheap from the US (G35 or Z33 non-brembo)

Bit the bullet and bought a set of Stoptech G35 braided lines...

The seller said he's sold them a few times to G35x owners and never had a complaint...

See how we go....or how Scotty goes :nyaanyaa:

Oi, get me a set too... :)

How much was it?