SAU Community

P Plater Car Buyer.

Hey guys,

Well im A p plater and looking for a V series Skyline. :D

Is around 16-17k enough to buy a nice 300gt/350gt? Or are the ones sold around that price usually thrashed or something? :);)

Oh and are the 250gt's slugs? I heard they were? thats why im looking for a 300gt/350gt

Go on carsales mate and check around for thee prices look onto the FAQ in these sau - v series section for info on the cars and just general seach is also helpful maybe google for specs if you can't find it here. I have seen a few 350-8 for that much also the 300gt's aswell.

matt:- If the R34 non-turbo appeals to you & has not been discounted yet, Shanil's car has been kept meticulously.

He also seems to drive his car very conservatively for a guy who's mature beyond his years.

Hey guys, thanks for the responses.

Well im going away for a few months and im thinking im gona wait till then to make a decision.

Will the prices have dropped it by then? or not? Im talking around christmas time.

Hey guys, thanks for the responses.

Well im going away for a few months and im thinking im gona wait till then to make a decision.

Will the prices have dropped it by then? or not? Im talking around christmas time.

Hey Matt

The prices will always drop. Yeah for 17k you can get a good 350gt sedan.

Better yet if you are going to wait for the car why not import and save thousands $$$$. If you have the money now but are thinking you want to save more and buy a better one, Import one now and by the time you get the car you would have saved some more money which you can spend on the car like rims, engine mods, body kit or insurance :) .

Best way to go if you have the money and the time :)

Hey Matt

The prices will always drop. Yeah for 17k you can get a good 350gt sedan.

Better yet if you are going to wait for the car why not import and save thousands $$. If you have the money now but are thinking you want to save more and buy a better one, Import one now and by the time you get the car you would have saved some more money which you can spend on the car like rims, engine mods, body kit or insurance :( .

Best way to go if you have the money and the time ;)

So importing is easier? Can a company help me out with this? Because sounds hard.

So you think i could get a nice coupe with that money?

I would wait and learn to drive something that you can legally drive and NOT kill yourself in. these things ARE NOT slow by any means.

there are a few 17y/o kids here in Qld that have these and the insurance premiums are scary as hell.

also do you have the money to fix it WHEN it breaks. do a bit of a search on here for common things that break and you will see none of it is cheap.

sorry to burst your bubble but you may want to look at that side of it first.

Chris is right. You got to know if you can afford it on all grounds.

I got mine with the help of Prestige Motors Sport. www.prestigemotorsport.com.au

And a coupe for 17k is pushing it. But have a look anyway.

• 1 year later...

As a P plater you might be outa luck ...350GT classed as high performance vehicle ......RTA prohibits p -platers from 350GT ...........in NSW anyway-------though i have seen heaps of 350GT coupes with p-plates on.

A coupe for $17K ? ......can't see it happening --unless its a repaired write-off or something wrong with it. Steer clear of the CVT-8 boxes if you look at sedans.

I know of an immaculate black 350GT series 2 sedan for $20K :whistling:

I agree with Paul. If you have the time and don't mind waiting around for it, import it and save some money yourself. All you have to do is find a reputable importing place.

Also, always have spare cash to fix when something breaks (V35 are prone for window motor breaking down, etc.).

As a P plater you might be outa luck ...350GT classed as high performance vehicle ......RTA prohibits p -platers from 350GT ...........in NSW anyway-------though i have seen heaps of 350GT coupes with p-plates on.

A coupe for $17K ? ......can't see it happening --unless its a repaired write-off or something wrong with it. Steer clear of the CVT-8 boxes if you look at sedans.

I know of an immaculate black 350GT series 2 sedan for $20K :whistling:

Gary. As for 350GT classed and banned for P-plate in some states, are the sedans included as well? I would like to know about that. :rolleyes:

Edited by Victor.T

You can always get the 250GT sedan!

That was what I was thinking too, Daniel.

So I guess all other varieties, except 350GT, is fine for a P-plate driver. Please correct me if I am wrong. :P

I'm presuming its for the sedans also, but with the RTA who knows.......a buyer couldn't get mine because of this ruling, but as i say, I've seen quite a few coupes & sedans with red or green P plates stuck on the back.

quote from RTA website:

P1/P2 licence holders are restricted from driving the following 6-cylinder vehicles:

BMW M and M3.Honda NSX.Nissan 350Z and 370Z (including private or 'grey' import variants eg. Infiniti G35, Infiniti G37, Skyline 350GT (V35), Skyline 370GT (V36))

P1/P2 licence holders are restricted from driving the following 6-cylinder vehicles:

BMW M and M3.Honda NSX.Nissan 350Z and 370Z (including private or 'grey' import variants eg. Infiniti G35, Infiniti G37, Skyline 350GT (V35), Skyline 370GT (V36))

Agree. Same here had to get a 300GT instead because i'm still on p's.

You could get a 350Gt sedan and just swap the badge for a 300GT :) i just didn't want to take the risk

• 2 months later...

I drive my 350GT coupe on green Ps there is no mention of this car on the prohibited cars list that i could find

Just checked site again looks like they updated it....well hope i dont get pulled over for the next month lmao

Edited by T4NK

heh - I'm flyin under the RTA radar! I've got my full license ages ago, but I find it funny the Stagea always goes under the radar.

Wagon FTW!

• Nissan 350Z and 370Z (including private or 'grey' import variants eg. Infiniti G35, Infiniti G37, Skyline 350GT (V35), Skyline 370GT (V36)).