SAU Community

Texi - Skids On Sunday - Teh Aftermath!

evil_weevil

oh

my god

soooooo burnt.

THIS WAS THE BEST DAY EVER.

Seriously guys, I can't say how much this day has meant to me, and I think everyone. These are the days that make being an enthusiast even more worthwhile. Fantastic day (although I'm still grumbling about the hardcore battle one, I got lost), great to put faces to names, and all round awesome to rip skids legally :P

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Congratulations on another successful SAU day........second time the weather has tried it on but we pushed through it......but if you told me this morning that i would come back sunburnt this arvo i would have laughed.

I would like to mention what a fantastic group of people this club has and even as a spectator/helper today i still had a great time due to the great people around.

also want to mention that we have some very talented drivers, one of whom i was lucky enough to have a skid with today, and they are great people out of the car.

Bring on the next event.......hopefully one i can compete in lol.

PS Chevys rule.....

Melinda would like the thank everybody that rolled up their sleeves and helped with lunch,,,Steve's wonderful girlfriend Anna,,,Ando,,,Benh,,,Chris and Stuart,,,in alphabetical order of cause.

I personally would also like to thank EVERYBODY that helped out today. TOP job peeps.

I would also like to thank all you lunatics for turning up and having a great time.

Seems we all loved the push rod boys,,,cool bunch of people indeed,,,nice work Ben!!!. My vote went to the Firebird.

Neil.

What fantastic day, thanks to the organisers!

one of the funniest photos i got was of my car sandwiched between these other two-

The GTR must have been saying, "cheer up little bro, you can go in the next one"

post-32974-1264931470_thumb.jpg

Other than that, i have photos of Camaro's going absolutely nowhere in the wet... but making the day an impression that will last.

Epic freaking super dooper awesome day!!!!!!!!

My first run, missed a whole loop of the map, second run clear but dam messy, third run getting the hang of it, and only got better from there (well in my mind maybe HAHAHA)

Took some pics and videos but turns out i had some crap on my camera lense so didnt come out well at all. Love to get my hands on some other good pics/videos people have.

Great to put some meet some new people as always too! Cant wait for the next one, with some luck the rain might hold out for the next one?!?!?!

Awesome day! thanks for the opportunity to help out. Also massive thankyou to everyone for being so welcoming and friendly, great to chat to a bunch of new faces today and to finally put faces to names(and avatars :P )

disclaimer: i am NOT a photographer, i just own a camera...

untitled.jpg

untitled2.jpg

and Chris attempting flight :rofl:

untitled3.jpg

and..well..Ben.

Texikhana310110051.jpg

i haven't been on recently and thought this was still in a few weeks. :) That will teach me for not marking stuff in calender.

good to see everyone had a good time though :)

I'd just like to say a big thanks to the organizers and everyone who made today possible, it was my first texi, and probably wont be my last.

My only real criticism would be that the wait-time between runs was painfully long sometimes, but i guess considering that only 1 car could run at a time, this is understandable. Other than that, it was a thoroughly enjoyable experience. Good to see the camaros out there too, how awesome do they sound?? Not to mention that R35 :) *drools*

To be honest, i was quite impressed with how good my car felt while going through the strain and trials of my first attempt at an event like this. I guess it goes to show that these skylines are pretty competent machines, even if their drivers are not! :)

Looking forward to the next one!

Thanks to all for a great day,

a shame about the weather, but it gave me the perfect excuse to forget about times and do some skids (some people think I should just stick to skids but anyway)

Special thanks to the organisers, all the marshals and timekeepers, couldn't of done it without you all.

The only complaint is, my passengers seat was empty for a few runs, and same with some of the hypo cars. Come and have a spin next time, offer is open to all for shotgun in my car

I'm sure us ACT boys will be back for the next one, even if it is only 2 of us :)

P.S. I'll work on my 2 bottle hit trick and try and turn it into something epic (coins, football kick or something even crazier :))

I had a fantastic day as always! I accomplished my target for today... to destroy at least one of my evil, evil skid rims' tyres. A de-laminated tyre later and I felt my day was complete! :)

Big thanks go out to the volunteers, the Comaros / Trans-AM and those people who didn't just come from down the road :)

I hope more photos of my car made it through processing :no: