SAU Community

Rda Vs Dba Slotted Rotors

im looking at which brand of slotted rotors to get for my r32 gtst. iv found dba slotted rotors to be around $480 for the ronts, and about $400 for the rears. but rda's seem to be around $500 for both front and rears.

car is mainly being used for a bit of track/ mostly drifting. and a little spirited driving over the mountains.

would rda's be suitable even though they're cheaper?

Both seem excesive @ over two hundred $ ea , if the handbrake opperates on an integrated rear drum I can see the rears--sorta-- but the fronts are a straight rotor so WTF is this $200ea + about ?

The frigen things are all outa China for everything except ultra mainstream cars--ie Falcodores-- so I've been told by an RDA supplier.

:) And suppliers wonder why we're not modin the crap out of our rides anymore :devil:

Edited by BASHO

have used both. DBA 4000 seem to be a very soft material, no end of warping with these on a previous street car. have spoken to a few others in the know, this seems to be agreed.

Only used RDA for a short period. seemed like a harty rotor, pads caught fire then stopped without cool off, did not warp. Yet, was used in combo with combustable bendix ultimates.. stopping performance was pathetic, having never used ultimates before and having them catch fire on the street im not sure if the issue was purely the pads or rotor too. for reference this combo replaced ferodo DS2000 (ferodo formula) and stock rotors which had no such issues, and months of pad burning driving and thousands of ks saw them finally down to the metal and a minor warp on the OEM rotors.

food for thought.... OEM FTW.........

im looking at which brand of slotted rotors to get for my r32 gtst. iv found dba slotted rotors to be around $480 for the ronts, and about $400 for the rears. but rda's seem to be around $500 for both front and rears.

car is mainly being used for a bit of track/ mostly drifting. and a little spirited driving over the mountains.

would rda's be suitable even though they're cheaper?

rda's man

I agree with the Mu's. If you find a good contact to ship them for you they end up being cheaper than DBAs!

Can you PM me where you bought them from, and what model they were?

I'm in the process of checking options for my R34 GTT (310mm) Fronts, and I had been planning on using DBA 4000 Slotted. If you think you can get a comparable or better street rotor for less, I'm interested!

Also, please, more contributions of experiences. So far I can only see:

"stock cracked, RDA cracked 4 times, DBA lasted 2 years so far and still going" - Joejoejoe...etc

Dumb question time. Will DBA 4000 R33 GTS-T rotors fit onto a R34 GT-T? Seeing as there's no listings for R34's apart from GTR & GT.

I have absolutely no idea but I'm guessing it would probably be the ser 2 R33 GTST if any , someone must know ??

Dumb question time. Will DBA 4000 R33 GTS-T rotors fit onto a R34 GT-T? Seeing as there's no listings for R34's apart from GTR & GT.

From memory the rears are the same but the fronts are different