SAU Community

Frustrated Owner

phoenix88

Hi all,

Just bought a stagea from queensland and am currently getting it roadworthied in victoria which is a bitch. I had to get the window tint stripped off and since then the tv tuner has been stuffing up. The tuner is an 'ASUKA' which i think chook installed for the previous owner. The problem is that when ever i get and reception the screen starts scrolling from top to bottom and flickering. but as soon as i change to a hd station which it can recieve it stops the flashing thing. Any help would be appreciated.

Not to impressed with the tinters they though they should take a 4 km test run to test the tinting obviously and flatten the battery. grrrr.

Cheers

funny thing is the car is bright yellow. they had to strip the whole car. i was told by the previous owner that the aerials were in the back window so im not sure if that could have anything to do with it.

They stripped the factory UV cut glass that passes compliance? go to a new workshop, and get the tint shop to fix your shit. IIRC, antenna is in one of the wagon area windows, I hope they didnt strip that.

They stripped the factory UV cut glass that passes compliance? go to a new workshop, and get the tint shop to fix your shit. IIRC, antenna is in one of the wagon area windows, I hope they didnt strip that.

there was tint on top of the uv glass which they got rid of.

Ok, yes I would be worried then. Sounds like they may have damaged one of the contacts on the window. You may need an auto elec or similar to confirm what has been damaged and where... They should have been much more careful! Sounds like they were more interested in taking the car for a spin though!

Edited by munchstagea

Ok, yes I would be worried then. Sounds like they may have damaged one of the contacts on the window. You may need an auto elec or similar to confirm what has been damaged and where... They should have been much more careful! Sounds like they were more interested in taking the car for a spin though!

Damn that sounds like a lot more stuffing round and money. Hopefully the tinters will pay for it.

You had tint over the top of the UV-cut glass? Damn that must've been dark. I can hardly see in mine as it is!!

My first thoughts were "good luck getting rid of the 'tint' - its the actual colour of the glass".

In any case, I thought you could tint all side windows except the front ones as dark as you want? Maybe its different in VIC?

I know the radio antenna is in the rear window somewhere - I always thought it was built into the demister wiring there or somewhere in that vicinity...could be wrong though...there's also wiring in the back side windows on C34's too.

my mechanic talked to the tinters today. they said that they removed the tint by steam and no tools so that leads to a dead end. im gonna get an auto electrician to look at it soon. Unless someone on here can help.

With the tint on u would have to put ur face up to the glass to see through.

Off the topic a bit, i just had mine tinted, (ceramic not metal as not to block the window aerial reception), made it much cooler, talking to a few people, the privacy glass is not actually a tint, just a dye within the glass and being darker absorps heat and has not reflecting properties.

re the TV, there are 4 tv aerials, 1 each in side rear windows and 2 in back window, assuming these are ok, someone may have just fiddled with some settings, ie put it in PAL mode rather than NTSC.

try this:

tv on

press menu

press right x2

down x2

ok

down

then ok to scroll between NTSC PAL AND AUTO.

If that does anything check the country region, get to a good reception area and rescan the channels.

ps it will not receive any HD channels.

Off the topic a bit, i just had mine tinted, (ceramic not metal as not to block the window aerial reception), made it much cooler, talking to a few people, the privacy glass is not actually a tint, just a dye within the glass and being darker absorps heat and has not reflecting properties.

re the TV, there are 4 tv aerials, 1 each in side rear windows and 2 in back window, assuming these are ok, someone may have just fiddled with some settings, ie put it in PAL mode rather than NTSC.

try this:

tv on

press menu

press right x2

down x2

ok

down

then ok to scroll between NTSC PAL AND AUTO.

If that does anything check the country region, get to a good reception area and rescan the channels.

ps it will not receive any HD channels.

Chook ur a genius, Thankyou so much u just saved me a crap load of ime money and effort. followed the instructions and fixed itself instantly. Cheers :(