SAU Community

Yavuz And The Boys At Unigroup = Awesome

N1GTR

Oh yeah that also means another trip to Yavuz for more boost and an aggressive tune.

I would LOVE to see it crack the 500's with stock GTRS's and a stock ported head. Others have had big results with GTRS's but only on ported heads and the turbos being modded is also a consideration.

Seeing as its on E85, he may aswel make the most of it before the next motor is finished for it cause this current one wont be in there much longer.

I know Yavuz is reading; Yavuz, remember, give it loads :)

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ill take your old engine steve-o :)

Man I wish I could go out for a spin to see just how insane this is, havnt been thrown in the back of a seat in such a long time..

Just finished my little ol turbo conversion, gotta make a date with yavuz to get it all tuned up.

Love the work..

Doing a new build thread for the new engine?

Ooooh definatly will do :)

Cheers!!!

Not sure yet actually, missed a call earlier tonight about it and its too late to call back now.

I want it to sound mental, which shouldn't be hard given the cams its got.

Im concerned as my car is so low that the front pipes will get damaged on the very ordinary Sydney roads and speed humps, so yeah undecided so far.

Front pipes i'm thinking 3" into a 4" merge, then 4" all the way to the rear.

Will be very loud, so once its on the car there will have to be some fiddling with mufflers/resonators to shut it up a tiny bit.

Oh, and something that resembles a cat converter.

the front pipes will be challenging!

westside muffflers in padstow do very nice work & are well priced, he does all of pacmans cars & gas-250!

Steve, there's heaps of room under a skyline to fit massive mufflers. Should be no problem keeping it quiet with a huge pipe.

Mine's fairly quiet (Well I reckon it is, you make up your mind), and I still haven't gone as big as possible on the straight through mufflers...

Ill take your old engine steve-o :)

Man I wish I could go out for a spin to see just how insane this is, havnt been thrown in the back of a seat in such a long time..

Just finished my little ol turbo conversion, gotta make a date with yavuz to get it all tuned up.

Love the work..

Doing a new build thread for the new engine?

lol, there's a line for it :D

Ill take you for a quick spin if you want

Yavuz's work is great, you'll be happy!

Yep definatly doing a thread for the new one, ill post it up once its all finished though, not in stages

the front pipes will be challenging!

westside muffflers in padstow do very nice work & are well priced, he does all of pacmans cars & gas-250!

Well, if it was easy everybody would do it. And i hate having what everyone else does :)

Steve, there's heaps of room under a skyline to fit massive mufflers. Should be no problem keeping it quiet with a huge pipe.

Mine's fairly quiet (Well I reckon it is, you make up your mind), and I still haven't gone as big as possible on the straight through mufflers...

lol mate who said i want to shut it right up, we'll see how loud it is, then fiddle with it to make it streetable.

The car is so low im concerned about clearance, i guess thats a bridge to cross when/if it arrives :)

Cheers buddy!

This weekend is all about the booze, and watching others at racetracks :)

Did yours go to get tuned yet?

Nah I havent yet. Gotta put this stupid cooler on. After being off the road for so long im enjoying driving it again. There is a little bit of mucking around with putting this kit on. I want to retain the Factory BOV setup so I have to get someone to mock up some alloy piping (re routed behind the rad). Then the decision to go E85 or not. ARGH!

You going to convert too Marko?

When I was building my engine that was the plan, hence why I opted for 1600cc inj, dual fuel rail, surge tank and 3 x 044s BUT the inconvenience of driving outside of sydney and not having access to e85 keeps stopping me...curiousity might get the better of me 1 day

Nah I havent yet. Gotta put this stupid cooler on. After being off the road for so long im enjoying driving it again. There is a little bit of mucking around with putting this kit on. I want to retain the Factory BOV setup so I have to get someone to mock up some alloy piping (re routed behind the rad). Then the decision to go E85 or not. ARGH!

Thats an easy one, drop it off at Unigroup and let them deal with it :)

Or take it to somewhere like Hypertune and they can do all the measurements and fab work, then off to tune

What power do you want from it? I think ive asked before but its slipped my mind.

Yavuz will say use E85, end of the day its your car. I want every last KW out of it so i have zero regrets once this motor is gone, so thats why i chose it incase that helps your choice?!

Steve - why did u stop @ 24psi on e85? I was told that 30+psi is not an issue on this rocket fuel :)

The exhaust is restricting it, yes it will go into some really silly numbers but the exhaust on there is at its limit

Have a look through the forced induction area at exhaust threads, everyone who knows their sh!t says 3.5" for even 350kw. This varies between 70 and 80mm. So its far from optimal, but its still going ok when you consider from the cat on its one of the first xforce catbacks made.

The exhaust shops i've contacted for the custom system cant believe the power its making on what its got.

If anything, it gives me confidence that with a custom exhaust the numbers will be achieved nice and easy so the motor isnt too stressed out

If I upgraded my exhaust there would be gains to be made...I have a hks superdrager which starts @ 3.25inch, then steps into 3.5inch and becomes 3.75inch near the diff lol

What are u paying for your custom system? If u prefer send me a pm

When are you doing that?

That 20awkw, if that is the exact power gained, will cost you around $1500 if you're talking a custom 4" Which is a pretty expensive gain

Im trying for another 70/90kw but on more boost and tuning. I don't see how another 6 or 8 psi cant net another 50kw at least with a much higher flowing exhaust

yes well if im easy with the box it will be fine - feels good to me thus far.

i know what u mean about $150/kw for the exhaust upgrade - apparently the 98 pump as of lately has been poor in quality so going the e85 route will be much better bang for buck.

$1500 for a 4inch exhaust sounds a bit as well, i'll make some calls & see if i can get a better price, is that price for s/s?