SAU Community

Yavuz And The Boys At Unigroup = Awesome

N1GTR

I just realised... I thought you were going for 2 Bar SuperStar? Why only 24PSi now?

Oh and steve... My 880s on 98 are already hitting 70% dc from the calcs I did... And that was on 14psi only revving to 6500...

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the exhaust is restrictive now so a bigger one is needed, the kw's were going up with more boost but not by much cause its choking so instead of stressing it out for every last kw, Yavuz made it safe enough to hammer everyday and turned the boost down.

Also, its pretty much quick enough for street duties as it is so why bother with more. Ive pretty much done what i set out to do on this motor, if i find a nice 4" exhaust thats another tune :banana:

Your fuel system just wont cope, ID's :D

my shit r31 has 4 inch's

go 5 you fag

and im not talking about the exhuast

Haha Fatz you big poof, what are you talking about then?

Get off the cans old son!

No. I grew up on Oatley Bay and had friends round Connells Point and Kyle Bay. Haven't heard bout the N1 yet ,but Knowing my guys it will be pretty close to landing

Ah cool cool!

That's such an awesome buy, are you keeping it stock or going to town on it? It's a great base to work with :)

when are we going for a drive steve :)

Once the second TPS goes on and awd is working again I'll go, no point going beforehand cause it just fries the rears too quickly

Steve... going by the injector sizes im assuming thats on E85?

You assumed correct.

Based on the boost it ended up on, it shouldve stayed pump98 but can be switched over at anytime (did tunes for both, just need to flash the ecu)

Steve, is that torque graph right? Looks to be 730nm...

Yep 730nm at wheels. Tractive effort was sky high, but that's not the number that matters.

Why doesn't it look right to you?

Yep 730nm at wheels. Tractive effort was sky high, but that's not the number that matters.

Why doesn't it look right to you?

i was just questioning the number mate, nothing more :)

my previous gtr with 26bottom end & gtrs's made 750nm torque...my current 30bottom end with -10s makes 930nm.

our kw are almost identical but the nm is very different? maybe my ported made the difference?

would a similar engine setup with e85 @ 24psi (i.e. yours) v's 98 @ 24psi (i.e. mine) impact the peak torque? maybe its just a case that e85 truly works better on higher boost?

Marko do you have more graphs?

I'd like to overlay them and see what differences there are

the only graph i have is here: http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/post-a235105-

i might have another 1 @ home, let me check later a/h

just to add, 405awkw = approx. 450rwkw (it was 1 of the 1st q's i asked my tuner when it was done on his dyno, my mates who drive fords & holdens always ask "whats kw is that rear wheels?")

Edited by Marko R1

I think the port job would be making some difference but the tune and turbos would play more of a large part.

It's not peak figures I'm looking at, i want to see what they're both making at every 500rpm point so yeah if you've got one and can send it that would be great.

How do you know it's 930nm without a graph though? A lot of people think the N on the side axis is torque, it's tractive effort not torque

jim (tuner) told me that the shown axis on my graph is in fact torque.

i'll see what else i have at home but come to think of it, im 99% sure the other 2 graphs are KW v's AFR & KW v's PSI

sorry steve, this thread is about your car & not mine :)