SAU Community

This heat killing my car!

Hey guys, well, this summer is my first summer for my styline, and its giving it hell. My poor baby cannot handle the 49 degree temps! Its absolutely killing my car! I cannot even drive from one side of town to the other without it Hitting the hot mark! I just flushed the system the other day, so its got all nice green water etc.

P.S. How much water does the rb20 cooling system hold? I thought it was something like 9 litres? I can only seem to fit in 5-ish liters?

Thanks

ive herd if you turn the heater on it can cool the engine slightly since the heater core is like a radiator and there is a fan blowing behind it which blows the heated air through to the cabin. The fan blowing on the heater core must cool the water abit.

You could also buy a high pressure radiator cap,(pressure increases the boiling point of water). i think the normal caps are 14-15 PSI.

Make sure u also have ur heater switched on just before you flush your system, and leave it switched to on when u turn your car off. As otherwise there can be air trapped in there.

Sounds a like its a little more than that though, not that there is much room under the bonnet.

Time for Vented Carbon fibre bonnet!! :D

Damn straight, the heat is ridiculous in brisbane, i was just playing NFSU in the office and im sweating... its nite time!!!!

Its not so bad in here, as its airconditioned :D but during the peak in the day even the aircon struggles to condition air !

Theres def something wrong if its overheating like that, mine has never gone above its usuall mark once warmed up, my radiator fluid is like perfect.. always!

and i have a black bonnet ;) turn boost down, air con off

and the most effective ..

pop your bonnet if your doing stop-start driving.. it wont open .. cos u gotta get out and pull it up with that button first.. so it just stays 2inches open and lets the engine breath..

I'll give that a shot and see what happens.. Yes, i was at the gf house, they have air con, and when i left at 10pm to head home... bam.. the heat just hit you. When i left then the car said it was still 39.5....! i think becuase of the heat and humidity.. there is no cooling effect.. because the external temp is as hot as the hot water in the system, so, just like humans at 37 degrees... it sweats... Sound feasable?

knore dude!!! your a lucky bugger!!

Damn straight, the heat is ridiculous in brisbane, i was just playing NFSU in the office and im sweating... its nite time!!!!

Its not so bad in here, as its airconditioned but during the peak in the day even the aircon struggles to condition air !

hehe, if you wnat to try and extract some more heat throw some chunky washers under the back of your bonnet between the latch and the bonnet. Make sure tho that the bonnet doesn't sit above the bonnet catches for safety reasons.

yeah, give your cars a break people, if you dont havta drive .. dont ;)

mase; car goes in next week, so she'll be purring like a tiger by the end of the week, well actually looking like a tiger at the end of the week. Once i put the Hybrid FMIC, Dump Pipe and install the SAFC2SE and get it tuned.. then it will purr like a beast

i bet that silvia with a skyline heart pumps some descent blood :(