SAU Community

Low Oil Pressure While Driving Rb25det

Alright thanks for that info. I'll just keep an eye on it and if the light comes on ill make a move from there.

I bought the car only a few months ago with high kms so im keeping my eye on anything and everything and keep on top of it all. (Hence my concern)

• 2 months later...
I'm having a similar problem, my car has 150,000 and each day the car is running less pressure (went from 3.5 to 2 to 1.5 and this morning i noticed it on 1) I'm pretty concerned about something damaging like oil pump especially since the high km's.

I read above that its probably the gauge but will the gauge still read okay only lower? When i boost it moves up to 4 on the gauge but on idle or cruise it will drop again.

hey mate, wondering what your outcome was, i'm having the same issue at the moment with pressure dipping to 1 on idle sometimes.

• 11 years later...

Thread revival but better than starting another.

Mines just started doing the same. However coincidentally happened after I changed from Nulon 10W-40 to HPR 10-50w, but also resoldered tacho. I double checked oil level and also tried re-cleaning all terminals on the flexible cluster PCB.

Went from 0.5kg/cm idle and ~3.5-4@highway cruise pre oil change and cluster work too

~1.5kg/cm at idle to  2.5-3kg/cm at cruise

I can't imagine this could be just the oil and potentially noticing more after doing a few changes.

Has anyone tried Fuelmiser CPS141 oil pressure sensor. It's about half the cost of the stupid OEM cost.

Cheers