SAU Community

April Photo Thread

Lepperfish

Okay. Actual full size replica of the Titanic. 25 million dollar building in my home town area. =)

I visited it and the Liverpool Legends were there (Endorsed by Louise Harrison - George Harrison's sister) which is the best cover band for The Beatles.

So here are some (very few) pictures that I have from that. I will be putting more up when I get a chance.

And if you want terrible lighting, go to a concert of some sort... lol

2uyk5tx.jpg

wsjmr.jpg

5068i.jpg

What's cool is that they have ACTUAL stuff from the Titanic, and people come about who were relatives from the actual crew etc. They also have a 100% authentic 1 million $ replica of the staircase from the Titanic. Talk about an amazing place, this thing is neat as hell. Thought you guys would love it, too bad it didn't make it for real =(

Edited by AKW

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the actual amount mate, I looked it up on XE.

That way I knew what you would have to pay EXACTLY. That's it. =)

Not as if you have money that works at .0893 but still.

Edited by AKW

I took these two shots (amongst others) the other day while I was at my cousin's house for Easter lunch and dinner.

Unfortunately, I didn't think to clean the chrome-backed mirror of my cousin's Prado before taking these shots, and I'd forgotten how much extra detail you get with a D-SLR. I'm not yet nearly good enough to go thru it with Photoshop to clone out all the blemishes, so all I've done for these is some exposure, saturation and cropping adjustments.

IMG_6853v2.jpg

IMG_6851v2.jpg

Funky. You know you can bring up the prism grids on the D90 in the advanced menu? You don't have the sphere though.

You need to refer to it as your' Prado lens'.

It adds the lines to the viewfinder that split your image into 9 squares, they don't look emulated, they look like they are really there. they dont look any different to the focus points and horizon lines that are there already.

Look in your advanced options and see if you can find it.

It adds the lines to the viewfinder that split your image into 9 squares, they don't look emulated, they look like they are really there. they dont look any different to the focus points and horizon lines that are there already.

Look in your advanced options and see if you can find it.

ohh yeah the rule of thirds assist. This viewfinder lens replacement assists you in figuring out what's in focus, and what's not, and if in fact something really is in focus (line up the 45 degree split on the subject image and it'll be in focus). The oldschool film SLR's used to use this trick. It doesn't affect liveview.

Call me old fashioned, but I hate liveview unless I'm shooting something from ground level. The day someone makes a gooseneck adapter for the viewfinder I'll be all over it.