SAU Community

April Photo Thread

Lepperfish

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First one is my favourite. Focus seems a little off.. I'd suggest taking a small LED torch to help camera focus when shooting at night time

P.s. Those wheels rock!

Thanks a lot for the feedback mate - noted... It was a bit rushed. The other thing was I had the ISO setting up around 640+ on my D70 and there tends to be a fair bit of noise added up towards the higher ISOs, which I hate.

Thanks a lot for the feedback mate - noted... It was a bit rushed. The other thing was I had the ISO setting up around 640+ on my D70 and there tends to be a fair bit of noise added up towards the higher ISOs, which I hate.

Ah yeah - I've got a D80 so know what you mean!! Another tip - If you have a tripod (like the reflection shows!) just fix the ISO to 100 or 200 and just do a longer exposure to make up for it. Also try using the timer (I do it all the time) so you're not touching the camera at all when it starts the shot :happy:

Ah yeah - I've got a D80 so know what you mean!! Another tip - If you have a tripod (like the reflection shows!) just fix the ISO to 100 or 200 and just do a longer exposure to make up for it. Also try using the timer (I do it all the time) so you're not touching the camera at all when it starts the shot :happy:

Cheers Zennon. The tripod's pretty obvious hey :) I'll usually leave it on 100 by default but for some reason had jacked it up about a week earlier and didn't put it back. Haven't quite got it down as a routine yet to check it before starting a shoot. I do use a remote to set the shutter off though. I've also been looking at possibly buying a newer Nikon with a larger screen, cos even though the D70 does everything I need it to, I find the small LCD is a massive hindrance to checking for focus, noise, etc before going back to the laptop.

my remote shutter/hold switch I bought on ebay for $5 incl postage was probably the best accessory I got for my D90. No shake, easy to use on tripod, lets me set up the camera and then stand away from it while taking pics... which is great when you don't want to startle animals etc. Awesome for macro photos.

Nagoodness - cheers dude :) Will do a proper shoot of the car soon. Been so busy lately and also very lazy hahah. Car needs a good wash!! oh and i like your 2nd last shot of that chick (its cute).

godzilla - i took that shot at my work carpark. So you wont be able to do it there sorry :happy:

akw - WOW thats crazy!!! nice shots tho :)

lepper- 1st and 2nd shots for me ;)

Cheers Zennon. The tripod's pretty obvious hey :) I'll usually leave it on 100 by default but for some reason had jacked it up about a week earlier and didn't put it back. Haven't quite got it down as a routine yet to check it before starting a shoot. I do use a remote to set the shutter off though. I've also been looking at possibly buying a newer Nikon with a larger screen, cos even though the D70 does everything I need it to, I find the small LCD is a massive hindrance to checking for focus, noise, etc before going back to the laptop.

As for ISO - yeah I did that once! Took photo's for an hour before I realised I had ISO on 3200 from some testing last time!!

As for screen for seeing OOF areas.. yeah you're never going to be able to buy one big enough I'm afraid - only way is to zoom in on the little screen three (or maybe 4) times and then check ;)

my remote shutter/hold switch I bought on ebay for $5 incl postage was probably the best accessory I got for my D90. No shake, easy to use on tripod, lets me set up the camera and then stand away from it while taking pics... which is great when you don't want to startle animals etc. Awesome for macro photos.

Yeah I've got one of those - use it for night time shooting but during the day I still find myself using the timer instead

Irfanview is good and free

Just open the photo in that and press Ctrl+R (for the resize/resample image dialog)

Then type in how many pixels you want the image to be wide e.g. 800 (leaving other settings as default) and press Enter

Then Ctrl+S to save :)