SAU Community

April Photo Thread

Lepperfish

Hey Cara, that first photo could have been a bit better with a smaller aperture, longer exposure and lower ISO, with no flash. Were they taken hand-held? If they were, using a tripod or mounting the camera somewhere stable would have helped massively! I'm not sure how long you've had your camera, but I'm slowly learning myself, so I know it's not easy to remember it all.

The other two shots are pretty good though (despite my dislike of cats)!

:)

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey just a quick question to the guys who are shooting a lot of car stuff. Are you guys using polarizer filters to cut reflections. I have some pretty neat locations but with some nasty reflections flying around thats all. Info on filters and shit would be appreciated. Cheers....

Not really one of those people you are asking but yeah CPLs cut lots of reflections!

You can just rotate it around and see through the viewfinder how the image changes

So the more you rotate it the more it polarizers? They the circular polarizers?

erm... a way of thinking about it is that a circular polariser has two pieces of tinted glass

the back is fixed and screwed onto the lens - the other can rotate

as you rotate it either cuts out or lets through light coming from different angles

(due to the way they are overlapping)

Do you have one? (I'm sure there would be a good article explaining it somewhere but dont have to time to find one atm)

Hey Cara, that first photo could have been a bit better with a smaller aperture, longer exposure and lower ISO, with no flash. Were they taken hand-held? If they were, using a tripod or mounting the camera somewhere stable would have helped massively! I'm not sure how long you've had your camera, but I'm slowly learning myself, so I know it's not easy to remember it all.

The other two shots are pretty good though (despite my dislike of cats)!

:)

flash wasnt used in the first pic....and tripod was used aswell still trying to get used to the new camera tho lol especially the night photography part

On your camera you will have an 'S' Mode, which is your shutter. The longer you hold the shutter open, the more light you'll let in to the pic. Try to take another night shot with the shutter speed turned up really high and then adjust it back so you get the effect you wanted :)

This photo was taken in the middle of the night, it was fairly dark. I had the shutter open for about 30seconds.

DSC_0363.JPG

Facebook l Redbubble l Twitter l

© Copyright All rights reserved Aaron Radford 2010

Anzac Day Model Shoot

When_your_GONE_by_aaron_r_photography.jpgLittle_Bo_Peep_by_aaron_r_photography.jpg

Hippy_by_aaron_r_photography.jpg

Body Builder shoot the same weekend

Flying_Low_by_aaron_r_photography.jpg

Love the processing in the first pic. Nicely done :)

The last shot is great. Would love to see a bigger pic of it. What lighting did you use? Looks like one light source from the top?

Edited by siddr20