SAU Community

Diy - V35 Door Lock Actuator / Power Window Removal

Get new battery for your remote first.

Cleaning the brushes will help but it just delays it failing.

The auto up could be just the switch. but thats just a mabye. pull it off and clean it a bit.

Best to test the simple things first.

And mabye the drivers window might need a postion reset.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get new battery for your remote first.

Cleaning the brushes will help but it just delays it failing.

The auto up could be just the switch. but thats just a mabye. pull it off and clean it a bit.

Best to test the simple things first.

And mabye the drivers window might need a postion reset.

I have recently switch to the newer remote from the old one as the buttons on it had bad wear and i was having troubles, then switched to the 2nd remote and still had the same problems so i'm not sure if the battery will do anything.

I am just going to buy new motors and lock actuators, i doubt the cleaning of the brushes will fix the auto function and window position. Will have to look into how to fix the window position if the new window motor doesn't fix that.

• 2 months later...

has anyone found a guide for the DIY door lock actuator replacement? I keep finding the $5 fix but i have a actuator here ready to go, i replaced the power window motor yesterday and that was easy but the door lock actuator looks very tricky to get to and i didn't want to play with it until i found a guide.

cheers

done plenty of them. gram the fsm and go play. no one is goingbo hold your hand on this. get in break shit and learn ;)

Alright so maybe you can answer my questions Chris. Does the window have to come out? What is the easiest way to access the door lock and replace it? and what is the average time you'd think it'd take 2 mechanically sound blokes to do it?

• 3 weeks later...

Yeah I could do with a few images to deal with the trickier parts towards the end and I think I'll be leaving the glass in if possible, If the key fails to open the doors too does that suggest something more than an actuator?