SAU Community

My R34 Gtr

Hi everyone !

I have recently purchased my dream car which I've had my eye on for a very long time now. Back then it was no where near affordable as they are now. It is a 2000 model Bayside Blue R34 GTR V-Spec. It took a bit of convincing with the girlfriend about it but we both agreed that this was the last modified car I was going to get until I've own a property.

This GTR actually completes my list of R34's I have previously owned. Started off with a very simple R34 GT, then moved onto a mildly modded R34 GT-T and now this can finally finish it off. It was purchased from Top Secret Imports over in Blacktown. The boys there have been extremely helpful and also very reliable compared to a few other dealerships I've been to inquiring about it.

Well enough of all that, lets move onto the mods side of things. Exterior wise it has a full Nismo N1 Bodykit, with clear indicators. I have a set of Nismo smoked indicators which I will put on to see if it matches. Interior has been kept standards besides a Nismo gearknob but I have further plans for that too. The standard GTR wheels has been resprayed in black, but I had already bought a new set of wheels from a forum member here, a few weeks prior to taking delivery of the car. I will post up some pictures of the car with the new wheels as soon as I get them on.

I would also appreciate all your feedback regarding modifications and also styling too as I am not that familiar with the GTR as of yet, so thanks in advance! I will try and keep posting new pictures and also the progress as well. I have been reading a lot of threads in the Projects and Overhauls section as well to gather more information and future ideas but I think I'll have to keep it slow until more funds come in lol. There are heaps of very nice examples of R34's on there I must say, kept me reading for a while lol.

Also sorry about the shoddy amateur phone camera pics. My digital camera decided to die on me.

Thanks again everyone!

Cheers,

Garland

Photo099.jpg

Photo093.jpg

Photo100.jpg

Photo097.jpg

Photo098.jpg

Edited by GMan

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

congrats on the new toy mate :down:

looks very tidy, you must be rapt!

styling wise - i'd put the new wheels on, maybe lower it to a suitable height, then leave it. looks hot already

enjoy

Congratulations Garland on a really nice get. Trust Garry & Jack looked after you well.

If you're saving up for property, I presume your budget on mods will be kept on a tight leash?

congrats on the new toy mate :D

looks very tidy, you must be rapt!

styling wise - i'd put the new wheels on, maybe lower it to a suitable height, then leave it. looks hot already

enjoy

Thanks HEKT1K ! Yeah new wheels will be coming on as soon as the long weekends are over. I actually didn't mind the resprayed GTR wheels because there aren't many around but a set of Rays would look much nicer. I'm a bit iffy about the height. Right now it scrapes pretty badly on my garage entry and driveway, even without the diffuser. It hurts each time lol :P

You bought my dream car.......

Prick :down:

hahahahahahhaha Ten Four that was exactly what I was saying/thinking to everyone else before

Congratulations Garland on a really nice get. Trust Garry & Jack looked after you well.

If you're saving up for property, I presume your budget on mods will be kept on a tight leash?

Thank you Terry!

Yeah Garry & Jack had both looked after me. I'm also a very pedantic buyer and I would often fuss over little things. I don't think I can give out any negative feedback regarding them. They were both very helpful, reliable and honest.

I guess to a certain extent there will be limits on big purchases but I have been known to impulsive spending :down:

I'm a bit iffy about the height. Right now it scrapes pretty badly on my garage entry and driveway, even without the diffuser. It hurts each time lol :devil:

Is the curvature of your driveway convex or concave Garland?

Does it scrape less when you pump the tyres up to 45 lb before getting home?

Perhaps if it's concave, you can lay down some quarry tiles at strategic points to drive over?

Congratulations.

Looks a nice car. You will be amazed at how many looks you get in a 34 gtr.

I had black 18x9.5+12 TE37's on mine. If i was buying wheels today though i would have

to have 19x10.5 CE28's! Your offset on std 34 rims looks quite good,

does it have spacers?

Anyway all the best with it mate and make sure you track the thing!!

Is the curvature of your driveway convex or concave Garland?

Does it scrape less when you pump the tyres up to 45 lb before getting home?

Perhaps if it's concave, you can lay down some quarry tiles at strategic points to drive over?

Both the driveway and garage entry are concave curvatures. The driveway isn't too much of an issue as I can angle my way in, but the garage entry is the main problem as there is no room to angle at all. Thanks for the tip with the quarry tiles. I will try and take some pictures later today of the garage entry. I'm not quite sure what I can do about it, as there is a drain sitting right outside the garage door where it mostly scrapes. Thanks for your help Terry.

Congratulations.

Looks a nice car. You will be amazed at how many looks you get in a 34 gtr.

I had black 18x9.5+12 TE37's on mine. If i was buying wheels today though i would have

to have 19x10.5 CE28's! Your offset on std 34 rims looks quite good,

does it have spacers?

Anyway all the best with it mate and make sure you track the thing!!

Thanks Duncan1. I was actually considering both those style of wheels. I had a hard time choosing but came out with something else.

There are massive 20mm spacers with the standard wheels at the moment, but the new wheels all have +12 offset so I shouldn't be needing those at all.

But I would definitely LOVE to have a spare set of CE28's !

Here are some pictures of the driveway. It doesn't look like much in the picture, but it is a pretty steep decline coming into a flat surface. I'm not too sure about covering the drains with anything just in case it gets flooded. I checked the GTR and there was already a little hairline crack in the lower lip :devil:

Photo101.jpg

Photo102.jpg

looks hot

unfortunately the front bar on the R34 is low as. its all part of the pain of owning a dumped car. i sold mine with duck tape wrapped around the lower lip of my car. after 2 years of constant scraping it, a part in the corner eventually completely snapped off. so i would do something about it sooner than later. if the car is lowered perhaps raise it to an acceptable level. you can still drop some stiffer coils inside if you're keen to see the track with it.

Congrats.

First thing i would do, is get that crap off the front bar (bottom right hand side). :action-smiley-069: Haha.

Happy times ahead.

Thanks Huy! Yeah car is in need of a wash, just have to find a week where it doesn't rain after every 2 days lol

looks hot

unfortunately the front bar on the R34 is low as. its all part of the pain of owning a dumped car. i sold mine with duck tape wrapped around the lower lip of my car. after 2 years of constant scraping it, a part in the corner eventually completely snapped off. so i would do something about it sooner than later. if the car is lowered perhaps raise it to an acceptable level. you can still drop some stiffer coils inside if you're keen to see the track with it.

Thank you DrewII. Man that sounds harsh. I guess mines starting to head in that same direction. I was thinking about getting height adjustable coilovers because right now it has Bilstein shocks with lowered springs. But I'm not too sure if that's going to do it or not. As you've said they do have very low front bars, and I still haven't fitted on the diffuser yet.

Would anyone know if it's safer get the standard suspension put on just change them to coilovers?

Thanks

Wow garry has been bringing a few of these in... he got my brother his white VSPEC and there is another silver one coming in...

Jack and Garry sure know how to find mint car... awesome shop

congrats mate... Bayside blue with black GTR rims looks MEAN!

Edited by usmair

Thanks for the kind words usmair, SS8Gohan, wilkor32gtr.

usmair: I think I saw your brother there maybe last week. Very very clean and tidy car. Congrats to him!

SS8Gohan: I'll send you a PM. Goodluck on your sale. I love the whole black on black look !

The 5-step sequence to happy relationships goes like this...

1) shop for your mod

2) put a deposit on it

3) look for something nice for your G/F

4) one the eve of picking up your mod, seal the deal by giving your G/F that little something nice

5) next day, pay for & pick up your mod

LOL