SAU Community

Just a warning...

Shell

Well I'm sure you guys are aware of that red light camera at the intersection at Kambah Village?

The one that SUPPOSED to only snap you if you run the red light, and (as far as I was aware) ONLY snap you for speeding if you were speeding when you went thru the red light??????

WELL it seems it is now a STAND ALONE SPEED CAMERA and can get you just like those fcking vans, whether you run the red light or not :D

When did this happen?? why has it changed? and why the fck didn't they let people know????

sorry, I'm PISSED OFF right now :D

came home to find THREE speeding tickets in my letterbox...all from last week while coming home from nightshift at 2 o'clock in the morning, three lanes all to myself, not another single bloody car on the entire road....and all for doing LESS THAN 10kms OVER THE LIMIT

89 in an 80 zone...how fcked is that?? :(

I'm pretty lucky I was going that slow, coming off the parkway it's pretty easy to keep doing 100 along there, especially in the middle of the night when there's no one else on the road.

aaargh!! they can go to hell, revenue raising wankers...

that is all :mad:

absolutely Daniel, I have no problems with red light cameras at all, you know it's there, so you don't run the red light - simple! (not that I ever run red lights anyway).

But the lights were on green when I went through, not a single other car on the road :)

I just hate the fact that they've sneakily changed the way that camera operates without telling anyone. Arseholes. :D

thanks jay, yeah it sucks and yes i'm fuming :uh-huh:

especially since i have three fines...all 1 point and $118 each

oh well...the main point of this is to let you all know how it operates now (and also to let me have a big BITCH session :D )

Since the gov obviously didn't want to let us in on the secret, I hope this might at least stop any of you guys from getting pinged too :D

they always have been stand alone speed cameras not only the one in Kambah. all three in belco, three in civic and the one in weston on hindmarsh dr. they all have signs saying that there are speed and red light cameras ahead and its your sillyness for speeding through them. sorry for sounding a bit harsh and i hate them as well. But what can ya do??

yeah, my sillyness i guess...

anyway now I know.

I went and paid one of the fines at the Wanniassa PO and the lady who runs the shop was very surprised to hear they could snap you on a green light - and her husbands a cop...so i guess I'm not alone, there seems to be a bit of confusion around.

If it's always been a "stand alone" speed camera, then i'm at aloss to explain how I've never been busted before. I've lived in that area ever since they were installed (2 or 3 years ago??) and have gone thru that intersection heaps of times at well over 80kms.

Anyway thanks for letting me have a bitch

drive safely everyone!! :D

ok ok I'm gonna admit defeat on this one...about the whole red light/speed camera thing...I was wrong, i honestly thought it worked that way.

oh well, had my rant, got it off my chest feeling MUCh better now

/me looks at the 3 fines stting on the table *grrrrr* :D

:D;):D