SAU Community

33GTR or 34GTT

ill have roughly 35k to buy another car. I was just wondering what your opinions are on purchasing either a 33 GTR or and 34 GTT.

i currently have a s2 r33 slighly modified. i would assume that if i but a GTR i wouldnt need to modify it, whereas buying a 34gtt would be pretty stock. plus the disadvantage of not going sideways or drifting in the gtr

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tough call that one. Everyones got their preferences and as far as looks are concerned that's something you've got to decide for yourself.

On "paper" both the R33 GTR and the R34 GTT put out the same power, so there's not a lot between them in the power department.

Most people are gonna say go the GTR because, well - it's a GTR! :(

With the GTR's you'll get what is considered a stronger engine, plus the ATTESSA torque split system. You'll also be getting an older car, with higher KM's and an older design. Personally I like the feel of the R34's - they seem much smaller than the R33 series, particularly inside. R34's have the more modern interior and the updated RB engines with improved torque output over earlier RB's. Handling, well my R34 handles pretty well but I've never driven an R33 GTR at speed so I can't really compare. Both cars have HICAS, LSD's, sway bars etc and both have 17inch alloys as standard.

If drifting is what you're wanting to do, then perhaps the RWD GTT would be the wiser choice.

Probably the best advice is to test drive both and see what you think! :)

Dave

Go the GTR, GTR's hold their value, $35k will get you a good one. Youll be able to resell it for what you paid for it. Plus GTRs are the ducks guts of all cars and what all GTS, GTT etc drivers dream of.

Plus power... stock GTR eats GTT's.

Plus Grip

Plus the 11 inches of front and rear rubber (265/40/17 fit on stock wheels)

Plus watching the tail hang out at will on a skid pan and then gathering it in by pressing the loud pedal

Plus street cred as in.. "What kinda *line* ya got" "OHHH so you dont have a GTR"

(Flame proof suit on)

^^^^^ hehe I knew you guys would say that ^^^^^

:(:)

They're right though. The GTR has the street cred and the instant respect that the GTT lacks. Re-sale is always going to be better for the GTR. The GTT is an absolutely fantastic car in every way, but the GTR is better. I'd be happy to own either.