SAU Community

Gtr Presence

Hey Guys,

Me and my friend recently have been discussing a topic regarding skyline GTR's, we both think that from models R32 - R34 when driven gives a special feeling. We've tried driving all three and there's a feeling like no other. We've driven a variety of japanese imports as well as some european exotics but they cannot emulate the feeling an original GTR gives you. You guys may think were losties but we believe there are also some guys here on this forum that also believe in the same thing. We invite you to come forward and give us your opinion on what marks that special feeling as we have yet come to an answer. Thanks

Ken

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The 1st 10sec of test driving my 1st GT-R - yes I remember it well.

I'm over 60 now and the dementia has started to set in; but that drive.... hmmm... I remember it well. Didn't I just say that before?

Now what were you asking? :happy:

its so true Terry, reason why i've brought up this discussion is because i've sold my r34 gtr about a year ago and now i miss it so much, that feeling... man... i need it back in my life haha. But that aside what do you think the nissan engineers have come up with to be able to give us this crazy yet unique feeling of the R?

its so true Terry, reason why i've brought up this discussion is because i've sold my r34 gtr about a year ago and now i miss it so much, that feeling... man... i need it back in my life haha. But that aside what do you think the nissan engineers have come up with to be able to give us this crazy yet unique feeling of the R?

hehe...

Perhaps Ken, you'd like to stay tuned with what our committee has arranged for 10am 10/10/10, and you'll see!

Shhhhhh...

hehe...

Perhaps Ken, you'd like to stay tuned with what our committee has arranged for 10am 10/10/10, and you'll see!

Shhhhhh...

terry,

ha, some say that that's when the end of the world is so don't make too many plans......or was that 10 pm :happy:

ken,

first drive to final drive till now that it's gone I still remember that GTR feeling you talk about.

I remember the first time i drove my GTR and i was like a kid a Christmas time, i still get a bit of that feeling when i haven’t driven her over a couple of weeks, that’s why i know i could never sell it.

I've just bought a BNR32 coming from a Supra, and I can tell you, the GTR is just something else altogether. You cannot wipe the smile off my face when I'm behind the wheel, and anyone who knows what it is has a gander as you drive past. GTRs just command respect.

yeah you guys said it

compared to silvia's and even r32 gtst's etc the GTR is so race-built, it just feels so solid round corners and you can just sit on 200 and it will feel normal

boosted barge you should definately own or at least drive one in your life, its something you'll never forget and when you think back you always smile about it. Its worth your while

I used to love driving my GTR around, I was all euphoric in the knowledge of steering years of heritage and having racing technology and power at the tip of my toes.

Then I took it in for a service and found that I had a leaking fuel pump seal, and when combined with removing the rear seat sound partitioning, lead to fumes in the cabin, and me being high.

Moral of the story, its just a chunk of metal. Cleverly crafted and technologically advanced beyond most other chunks of metal... but still metal. How you experience that may be biased by what your presumptions are of it.

Damn it, you guys make me want to sell my Stagea 260RS (half GTR with an extra 200kg) just to find out what you're on about :)
Yeah mate, one day.... At the moment we have sacrificed. I wanted a GTR and misses wanted 4 doors, so we ended up with a 260RS. Hahaha. Still a damn nice car, but not quite a GTR

I drove a 260RS last week.

The characteristics of the RB26 is still there in a straight line.

Responsive and had the power as it was lightly modded with an exhaust, twin air pods and I think the FMIC was aftermarket as well...

Just take it easy around corners and a lightweight could have helped LOL!

Biggest sleeper ever.

Ppl pull up next to you and got no fucking idea what it is, especially when it has some sorta JDM bodykit / wheels... They just stare and wonder.

For me I get to drive my GT-R on L plate that a feeling of something else too. Everytime i look at my GT-R i go weak at knees, that feeling of your first love.

I would never sell my GT-R that would like selling your first born.

Funny, I was just thinkin about this today, I bought a rubbish one 6 years ago (had been crashed and repaired badly) and it was still amazing, friend threw me the keys to his 996 Carrera one night and I got out and thought, hmmm.... not as stable as my GTR, then he drove my R and when he got out, he said, hhmmm...... feels more stable than my Porka...hahaha.....

Sold it, went through a few cars, nothing compared. Now have another one in the garage just for those nice Sunday mornings when I need a fix. Love em.... just love em. And this one's mint.

I drove a 260RS last week.

The characteristics of the RB26 is still there in a straight line.

Responsive and had the power as it was lightly modded with an exhaust, twin air pods and I think the FMIC was aftermarket as well...

Just take it easy around corners and a lightweight could have helped LOL!

Biggest sleeper ever.

Ppl pull up next to you and got no fucking idea what it is, especially when it has some sorta JDM bodykit / wheels... They just stare and wonder.

Mate, they need to go on a diet. Mine had 500 at the rears and was a blast to drive but i do actually get more out of driving my stock R32 GTR. Its a go kart, but faster.