SAU Community

Whats The Deal With Free Advertising On This Section?

As the title says.....

The R35 section is about half full of people who work for tune shops or sell parts from their shops and they advertise them in here for free and admins seem to be turning a blind eye to it.

If I was one of the companies that sponsors these forums for advertising purposes like Just Jap, i'd be pretty pissed off.

So can I advertise in the R35 section for free aswell? It seems to be the cool thing to do.

Do you know how much notice I take of people who throw accusations around like 'admins seem to be turning a blind eye' ?

Very little.

On the other hand, if a post was made saying 'Hey, I have noticed that this and that is happening and was curious about why that is' or even 'were you aware that this was happening?' then I'd be all ears (or eyes). Until you can post like that you can bugger off.

• 2 weeks later...

it's not complex. if you feel a post violates the forum's policy on advertising then just hit the report post button. that way moderators/admins will have a chance to review the posts in question and make a value judgement. it's anonymous (as far as other users go) and effective.

moderators can not read all posts all the time. that's why we have the report post system in place. or even just PM your mod/admin of choice and link them to it.

not that it really needs much explanation but we have in the past allowed a bit of latitude in the R35 section due to it being a burgeoning parts industry. in the beginning there was not much available for R35s and people needed and wanted access to information about what products were available and where from. some users have pushed that a bit far and it's been discussed in the admin section and action has been taken and users warned/contacted where appropriate. if you think something is still going on that contravenes the policies and spirit of the forum then give specific examples to a moderator. just making wild statements of a general nature won't achieve anything other than offending people who donate their time to the forum.