SAU Community

Best Option For Staying Awd

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bumping this for discussion sake, such little info and ideas on these GTS4's its a shame, they get knocked due to being N/A but no one can see the building base aspect of them

• 3 weeks later...

OK my car is up for sale, but no real intrest in the market so far, fair call. Before i start puring money into her what i want to know if its a good base to build on none the less, body wise im talking.

Im goign to take it down the the mechanic for a check over, what should i be looking for. i dont want to be building a car up that has a bad chasis or rust ect,

Or once i strip off what i need and replace it will be good to go none the less?

itll cost almost as much to convert to AWD and you wont have the wide body and other goodies.

just sell it and buy a GTR, itll be quicker and cheaper almost certainly in the long run, also you get a 26!

OK my car is up for sale, but no real intrest in the market so far, fair call. Before i start puring money into her what i want to know if its a good base to build on none the less, body wise im talking.

Im goign to take it down the the mechanic for a check over, what should i be looking for. i dont want to be building a car up that has a bad chasis or rust ect,

Or once i strip off what i need and replace it will be good to go none the less?

Is there any need to sell it?

All you want is what you have but turbo right? Turbo it....

Buy a stock 2nd hand turbo setup off an RB25DET, manifold, turbo, lines, pipes, etc. Buy an off the shelf exhaust, off the shelf fmic, get your injectors hiflowed, get the turbo hiflowed, get your ecu remaped, get a fuel pump, enjoy it?

It wont NEED a brake upgrade unless you plan on tracking it. It wont need anything really, the RB25DE is about as potent as the DET for a long life moded motor (sub 280kw).

I think all Nissan projects are a "waste of money". GTRs are hard to sell at the moment. If it's a Nissan project, then it's what you enjoy. Classic muscle cars are better money wise. Leaving your money in the bank even better. I still think doing a stagea Neo upgrade would be good.

itll cost almost as much to convert to AWD and you wont have the wide body and other goodies.

just sell it and buy a GTR, itll be quicker and cheaper almost certainly in the long run, also you get a 26!

Shes already AWD its a GTS4, Just midding the RB26 of an R, and a few other upgrades

Is there any need to sell it?

All you want is what you have but turbo right? Turbo it....

Buy a stock 2nd hand turbo setup off an RB25DET, manifold, turbo, lines, pipes, etc. Buy an off the shelf exhaust, off the shelf fmic, get your injectors hiflowed, get the turbo hiflowed, get your ecu remaped, get a fuel pump, enjoy it?

It wont NEED a brake upgrade unless you plan on tracking it. It wont need anything really, the RB25DE is about as potent as the DET for a long life moded motor (sub 280kw).

i thought of that, but i think just buying a 25DET of a stag would work out the same, and a 5 stud upgrade and some handaling.

Ive been looking around at 26's aswell and if i can get one good price i will, even a built one.

I just want to get the chasis checked out first, its my main concern, dont want to start spedning money on a not solid car.

Athetics of a GTR is nice, but i like the sleeper route more, R33 GTS still look grouse.

If a real nice gtr pops up ull snag it tho, less headaches, but if im going to be stuck with a car, ill work it

I think all Nissan projects are a "waste of money". GTRs are hard to sell at the moment. If it's a Nissan project, then it's what you enjoy. Classic muscle cars are better money wise. Leaving your money in the bank even better. I still think doing a stagea Neo upgrade would be good.

He's not looking for a project, he's looking for the easiest way to stay 4wd but go faster.

The best way to do that is for him to sell what he has and buy a GTR. It'll be far cheaper in the long run and much less of a headf**k.

He's not looking for a project, he's looking for the easiest way to stay 4wd but go faster.

The best way to do that is for him to sell what he has and buy a GTR. It'll be far cheaper in the long run and much less of a headf**k.

mate i do agree with getting an R, but unless i can sell the GTS4 that takeing up space in my garage its not going to be an option. but still GTR is the best option :)

mate i do agree with getting an R, but unless i can sell the GTS4 that takeing up space in my garage its not going to be an option. but still GTR is the best option :)

Of course. Understandably, selling you current car is imperative to stepping up to a GTR. Not everyone has a money tree.

I was just pointing out that you're not wanting the best "project" but you're asking for the best options. I think WhiteGtt is under the impression you are after a toy/project rather than the best AWD car you can afford.

• 4 months later...

Open for discussion again,

Have two potiential motors in the pipline for mid january.

R33 GTR RB26dett

Rb25DET NEO.

Dont even want to start on the twin vs single.

Can always go a single route down the raod with the 26

Just conversion wise. bang for buck ect ect.

26det is 3k. neo...about the same

whenever the back wheels might spin there's an opportunity for 4wd to do the job better. also 4wd less likely to put you in the ditch

Sure but who takes corners at 10/10ths on the street? Seems to be a lot of GTR driving Heros on here who take corners on the street so hard the ATTESA has to fight to keep them pointing straight.:/

Open for discussion again,

Have two potiential motors in the pipline for mid january.

R33 GTR RB26dett

Rb25DET NEO.

Dont even want to start on the twin vs single.

Can always go a single route down the raod with the 26

Just conversion wise. bang for buck ect ect.

26det is 3k. neo...about the same

i think there is already a thread about RB26 vs RB25 NEO...

Over here a good Neo is $1500 - $2500 and an RB26 is twice to three times that so supposing both are awd you would expect a seviceable Neo for $3k and for the same price an RB26 needing a rebuild.