SAU Community

R33 Gtst Or Rs4 Stag?

FriniK

R33 Gtst Or Rs4 Stag?  

18 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Its been 5 years since i wrote my precious off and have since been rolling around in a little 04 Fiesta.

I feel 5 years is punishment enough and want to get into another Nissan but cant make up my mind whether to get a manual RS4 Stag or R33.

Both have pros and cons for me but any way I look at it i still cant make the decision.

RS4 pros:

GTR running gear

Practical

Wont be bothered by cops too much

Cons:

Heavy...i usually dont lug that much stuff around, so do i really need to be hauling all that extra metal around with me?

Fuel guzzler.

According to my research, VERY hard to sell.

R33 pros:

Its the car ive always wanted, had and lost and want again.

Cons:

Cant throw it in any side street in Kings Cross at night whilst i go work.

Cops always on your ass

Its doing my head in...maybe i should just upgrade to an XR4 i saw going cheap (FYI : N/A 2.0L engine in a 1100kg body, insurance approx $1k cheaper than imports)...arrghhh!

Edited by FriniK

Would an R33 + some shit box of a daily run around (Fiesta / Corolla / Pulsar / Imprezza ect) be out of the question?

Definitely not the cheapest solution due to having to pay 2 lost of insurance and rego, but it would mean when you drive to and from work the police won't give you a second look :blush:

Yeah but I bet you don't live in a crappy suburb where police are constantly putting up with people driving dangerously in imports. Because I have had the same experience so far, never get pulled over etc.

It's the people who live in like Sydneys South West who get hassled the most lol

at the end of the day as you've said, the R33 is what you really want, get anything else and your just going to be unhappy until you really get what you want. truthfully i couldn't bring myself to park the R33 or even a stag in the cross but you've got to put everything in perspective.. do you see yourself still working in the cross over the comming years? (if not id hold the ford until you changed employment) gives you time to find a nice clean example without rushing to :P

I agree... buy a 33 and just wait until you find the right one

you've been wanting it again for 5 years and stageas are ugly

Would an R33 + some shit box of a daily run around (Fiesta / Corolla / Pulsar / Imprezza ect) be out of the question?

Definitely not the cheapest solution due to having to pay 2 lost of insurance and rego, but it would mean when you drive to and from work the police won't give you a second look ;)

+1 to this idea, The day of doing up your daily car is coming to an end. Far better to have a small 4 banger putt around as your mon - fri car and then get the Beast out for the weekends. On the plus side if you ever need to do major work on your skyline and need the car off road for a few days/weeks you dont have to have a coronary about how you will get to work. Not only that but your also not putting mega K's on your Skyline as well :thumbsup:

hrmm..this poll didnt help..lol ...5 a side for Stag and R33.

Well if i was to get a Stag itd have the r34 front kit :thumbsup:...thats sex on wheels right there...

See my current situation is, I'm self employed and most of my work is on weekends ...at night...in the cross... no im not a drug dealer or prostitute.

The only time i usually ever drive is to and from work...the rest of my time consists of generating more work and money...so if i was to have 2 cars...only 1 would ever get driven, at night, to the cross.

It's just nice to have something to show for all the work and sacrifice I've made.

As much as I'd hate to admit it, it probably makes more sense to keep what i have now... Skyline will not be mine again till I change my general area and time of work. *cries*

My problem is I waste at least 2 hrs a day looking at and yearning for another Liner..its become an obsession... one i fear I will not be able to overcome till i have what i want!

I could say...if I upgraded it would be an investment in time ...giving me back 2hrs a day ;)

Stagea, no cop issues, still very quick, can sleep in the back of it on road trips and can park in loading zones in the city FTW!!!

both r33's and stageas are like pushing shit uphill when it comes time to sell

... can sleep in the back of it on road trips

hehe.. or when too drunk to drive home.

both r33's and stageas are like pushing shit uphill when it comes time to sell

ive noticed... ive seen a few cars on carsales which ive had my eye on that havent sold in 6 months. Basically if i get one, i'm going to be driving it till its a rust bucket or at least till we have our flying cars.