SAU Community

May Photo Thread

Sl!m

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks guys. Was taken up at Mount Mee (you can click on them for more info).

Can't remember the specific walk or creeks name (I might have to try google it).

No Sam - might have a CPL on but that's about it.

(second shot is three exposures fused together though)

looks good man, I havent been able to get water to look like that though with my efforts, thats why I thought it might have been done with a ND

HI Beenar, I've just got a D90 with the 18-55 kit lens. Although when I took most of those historic race pics I 'borrowed' some long lens from work. Will confirm what it is tomorrow.

Yeah thought you were using something long, no way you are going to get that kind of DOF and Bokeh with the kit lense.

I almost bought a D90 but decided the Canon 40D was more suited to what I wanted, was a very tough choice though. I really must get my camera out and take some more shots.

HI Beenar, I've just got a D90 with the 18-55 kit lens. Although when I took most of those historic race pics I 'borrowed' some long lens from work. Will confirm what it is tomorrow.

Here's the rest of pics from the historics. THe first one here is my fav from the day.

DSC_5550_small.jpg

DSC_5428_smal.jpg

Those two are awesome, would love to know what effect you used here

The first pic I cut the car on to a new layer, played with the colour values and sharpness. I then desaturated the background, added some blur and darkness to it to help the car stand out.

The 2nd pic, On the car I played with saturation, brightness and contrast, over sharpened it to emphasis the car's lines and and reflections. I then added a slight blur to forground and desaturated the enviroment a bit. The blur in that pic is just from panning with it as it drove in front of me. I used a slightly longer shutter than you'd usually use and just the panning right on (Through luck and multiple pictures, not skill haha )

Hope this helps :blush:

The first pic I cut the car on to a new layer, played with the colour values and sharpness. I then desaturated the background, added some blur and darkness to it to help the car stand out.

The 2nd pic, On the car I played with saturation, brightness and contrast, over sharpened it to emphasis the car's lines and and reflections. I then added a slight blur to forground and desaturated the enviroment a bit. The blur in that pic is just from panning with it as it drove in front of me. I used a slightly longer shutter than you'd usually use and just the panning right on (Through luck and multiple pictures, not skill haha )

Hope this helps :blush:

Cheers for that, they both have a bit of an unusual look to them, especialy the second one which to me looks more like a drawing then a photo, looks very cool, I like it

Took my misses out to Mrs Macquaries Point last night.. and i guess i had my camera still in the car from the morning.. So out it came and took some pics. Didnt have a tripod so was just resting it on random things. Wish i had a wide angle lens.. Only got the 50mm lens atm.. sigh why does lens have to be so expensive!!

Just a random pic of my car:

IMG_8513_resize.jpg

And this pic was just rested on a chair:

20100509094704_img_8529_resize.jpg

Peaceful place if you ever wanna take pics/take your other half out lol..

Took my misses out to Mrs Macquaries Point last night.. and i guess i had my camera still in the car from the morning.. So out it came and took some pics. Didnt have a tripod so was just resting it on random things. Wish i had a wide angle lens.. Only got the 50mm lens atm.. sigh why does lens have to be so expensive!!

Just a random pic of my car:

IMG_8513_resize.jpg

Peaceful place if you ever wanna take pics/take your other half out lol..

Your car is looking f**king sick man... Love it. Is it pearl white paint? Have a look at the 15mm 2.8 fish eye. Its an awesome lens for around a grand.

Your car is looking f**king sick man... Love it. Is it pearl white paint? Have a look at the 15mm 2.8 fish eye. Its an awesome lens for around a grand.

Cheers man!! Yup its pearl white, with yellow mica.

Even if its a grand i cant afford it hahaha.. Perhaps one day i will be able to purchase lenses.. Till then will keep using my 50mm lens hahaa

Just a quick shot from my hotel in Sydney CBD on Friday Arvo

IMG_0201Stitchcopy.jpg

Incredible :) Love it sam.

My 33...

Very nice :P Whats done to it? where is that location?

Very nice :) Whats done to it? where is that location?

Igloos at Rockhampton, Qld. Some weird old bunkers used in WWII

Ummm plenty of go fast bits, HKS GT-RS, HKS Cams, Plazmaman plenum etc - 340rwhp @ 14psi. Cant wait for 18 pound :P