SAU Community

What Oil Are You All Using In Your 35's

before i do the change.. 5L bottle is enough yeah??

and 10 40 is the right grade???

4.6L is recommended, but no issue putting all 5L in.

You'll be fine with 10w40 (ignore Nissan's suggested 7.5w30 = too thin)

Edited by iamhe77

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 4 months later...

Hi guys,

Just a quick question - have used Mobil 1 and Valvoline, both Full Synthetic rated at 5w-30. It's time for an oil change and I was wondering if any of you have tried Penrite SIN Plus 5w-60. Haven't seen many brands with 5w-60 around - any thoughts?

Cheers,

Tarun

how about motul 5-40w 8100 X-CESS ?

also i seen on usa sites they dont recommend synthetic oils ?

Agreed Quite a few Mechanics have told me the same not to use synthetic in the v35 3.5 v6

Also was told In the log books it says "Nissan recommends mineral based oils"

A good quality mineral oil is the way to go.

Either way if you buy a decent full syn or mineral and service it at 5000km or under, you shouldn't have any problems.

Fuchs 10W-40 Super GTO, Full synth.

Used it in my track car for 4 years and it held the motor together with no damage after losing ALL oil pressure when the oil cooler popped. So it's only natural that I use it in the Stag too.

Fuchs aren't too well known in the retail market, but from a lubricant engineering perspective theyre top notch. Used fuchs products in machinery for years.

Gulf Western Sougi S6000. It's a classV fully Synthetic oil @ $80 for 5litres. There's a thread on oils worth reading

+1

I have been running it for a couple of changes now (I change every 10,000kms, but I use Group V oil) and have to say that my car likes it much better than the Redline...

... so does my wallet for that matter.

If you are in Vic, you can get it from the supplier for around $60... I picked up my last 5L bottle for $80 at Autobarn!

This one has a car doing a burnout on the front, it must be good. :rant:

Stick to grade 4 or 5 due to the high temps these VQ's run at all the time. 10w40 I have found to be a good compromise.

To quote a tried & true saying: "Never judge a book by it's cover". Too many of you are wasting your money on brand name oils like Motul & Royal purple. These are great oils, I'm not argueing that fact BUT the Sougi S6000 really is as good if not possibly better. It is actually a true group V full synthetic and a true gem of a find (thanks Birds :P ). Guys save yourself $40-$50 and try the Sougi with a decent filter like a K&N HP-1008 for the V35 and you'll find no difference other than money in the bank.

:) I think you'll find that line in Scott's post was full of sarcasm.

I don't really agree that people will be wasting their money if they use Motul 300v or Redline, they are Group V oils and are absolutely brilliant.

Having said that, I find that the Sougi S 6000 is at least as good as the Motul 300v and both felt better in my car than the Redline (all 10w40).

If you can find it, buy the Sougi... it's a Group V oil at a Group IV price and VQ's love it :)

If people can't find it, then why shouldn't they still want the best oil for their pride and joy?

As an aside.... Sougi S 600 + Veruspeed oil filter = WIN :P:rant::yes:

:P I think you'll find that line in Scott's post was full of sarcasm.

I don't really agree that people will be wasting their money if they use Motul 300v or Redline

You read that out of context. They will be wasting money if they can buy the same oil for $40-$60 less.

Would you buy 5L of 300v for $140 at Autopro if supercheap had it for $80, I think probably not :rant:

Sougi >= 300v

Edited by mosoto

You read that out of context. They will be wasting money if they can buy the same oil for $40-$60 less.

Would you buy 5L of 300v for $140 at Autopro if supercheap had it for $80, I think probably not :ermm:

Sougi >= 300v

That's fine and I agree IF they can get hold of the Sougi. If they can't, then I think that spending more on a Grade V oil such as 300v/Redline rather than settling on a Grade III/IV oil can only be beneficial for the engine.

It is a damn shame that the Sougi is so hard to find...

So far on the thread there are comments on oil use in turbo and NA motors, all VQ; but with different issues regarding ideal oil.

M35 stageas have ball bearing turbos - change more often, more sensitive to dirty oil - 5w30 factory recomended, probably to help fuel economy figures and generally agreed to give high oil consumption. Most use oil with 10w40 or 15w40.

Regarding mineral, semi-synthetic, synthetic - going to full synthetic from semi or mineral is suposed to be a no no as can clean off deposits and lead to increased oil use in older engines.

ATM Using Penrite HPR 10w50 in 2002 NM35 ARX, using just under 10L/100km on highway (real km not speedo,corrected with GPS as speedo out 7%) just over 14L/100km short trips and city. Seems to be performing well on this and has used none after 2,000km. Unless I use this for the next 20,000km can't really comment on engine protection and that is what we are after isn't it?

Best oil for the VQ NA motors - well who cares - they are NA. No really they are great motors, getting my wife a GT 350. :ermm:

That's fine and I agree IF they can get hold of the Sougi. It is a damn shame that the Sougi is so hard to find...

My local Autopro can get it in whenever I ask him to as they are an outlet for GW.

That's fine and I agree IF they can get hold of the Sougi. If they can't, then I think that spending more on a Grade V oil such as 300v/Redline rather than settling on a Grade III/IV oil can only be beneficial for the engine.

It is a damn shame that the Sougi is so hard to find...

I purchased Sougi S6000 10w-40 today. I was advised that Sougi S6000 will be phased out BUT that in coming months it will be replaced with something similar. So those who think Sougi is being stopped, not so!