SAU Community

Stack Dash

Kaido_RR

Hi,

Looking for some information from people that run stack dash in their race cars. I'm looking to purchase one for my r33 and just wondering how hard it is to wire everything up? How does the dash get the speed and rpm reading?

Also were did you get your dash from and how much did it cost?

Cheers

I suggest you really need to do some reading. There are so many options, you can get speed and rpm from ecu, you can get it from one wheel speed sensor or 4 wheel speed sensors. The cost depends a lot on which model you go for, as the number of channels and options vary greatly. Also the cost of the sensors varies greatly depending on what you want to monitor.

You can buy them used out of Europe for less then 3k with sensors

cheaper option is the haltech racepak dash... last i checked was $1000 for basic or $1700 for logging version.. can run off most a/m ecu's by the CAN cable..... or something lke that...

personally i think the Stack dash looks like snow thats been driven over several times.

That was the reasoning for my final decision, I much prefer the analogie tacho over the bar graphs. The warning lights let you know to look at the LCD display, and I found it easy enough to read, though it could be a bit bigger.

The downside to it is that all the expansions are hellishly expensive! For that reason alone it may be worth considering the others such as AIM or the DL1 etc. Upgrading mine to data/video logging specs is frightening cost wise.

That was the reasoning for my final decision, I much prefer the analogie tacho over the bar graphs. The warning lights let you know to look at the LCD display, and I found it easy enough to read, though it could be a bit bigger.

The downside to it is that all the expansions are hellishly expensive! For that reason alone it may be worth considering the others such as AIM or the DL1 etc. Upgrading mine to data/video logging specs is frightening cost wise.

Pretty much the same reason im going to go with the stack dash, not interested in a digital tacho.

Some more information, i am looking at the Street-Race series "Stack ST8130M Street Dash Display Max". Has built in lap time feature which looks good but not 100% sure if its worth the extra cash as i do already have a racelogic data logger.

From what i can tell from the street dash, it comes with everything needed but the fuel level sensors but i read you can just the stock one and set it up to work with the stack dash. Also i will be looking at getting the 5-Stage Ext. Sequential Shift Light.

Personally for the price i think its great value, had alook at some USA and UK website looks like can get the dash for 2k or under brand new.

Interested in how hard it was to setup phunky?

I will be looking at adding some of the features from the stock dash to the stack dash (plan to get the cf surround for the r33 from sard in japan)

I have the ST8100 race dash it does not have blinker lights or fuel level but does have fuel pressure. I am installing mine on the weekend so i will let you know how i go but it looks like a piece of cake.

I have the 0-3 8000 rpm black one with no options, i was the same i love the fact the the tacho is analogue and has the staggered 0-3 then wide spread to 8000rpm. I priced the others for a while and buy the time you get all the required components it adds up to almost twice the price of the little stack dash.

I will post up some pics in my build thread.

I have the ST8100 race dash it does not have blinker lights or fuel level but does have fuel pressure. I am installing mine on the weekend so i will let you know how i go but it looks like a piece of cake.

I have the 0-3 8000 rpm black one with no options, i was the same i love the fact the the tacho is analogue and has the staggered 0-3 then wide spread to 8000rpm. I priced the others for a while and buy the time you get all the required components it adds up to almost twice the price of the little stack dash.

I will post up some pics in my build thread.

thanks that would be great, would like to see what the 0-3 8000rpm one looks like as i was tossing up between that one and just the normal 0-8000.

Due to my track car entering street events i will need to go with the one that has blinkers and fuel level.

where did you buy yours from?

I suggest you really need to do some reading. There are so many options, you can get speed and rpm from ecu, you can get it from one wheel speed sensor or 4 wheel speed sensors. The cost depends a lot on which model you go for, as the number of channels and options vary greatly. Also the cost of the sensors varies greatly depending on what you want to monitor.

You can buy them used out of Europe for less then 3k with sensors

i found them brand new from the us for 1.5k (US) or 700 from the uk (1.3k aus). that is for the basic pack which comes with the harness, dash, oil, temp and fuel senders

I was keen on the stack dash purely because of the Tacho being analogue.

BUT after researching for weeks about the competitors ended up getting the AIM dash, IMO better and cheaper and still CAN compatible for the M800 to talk to.

This was my overriding requirment. Not to duplicate sensors all over the car.

Pretty much the same reason im going to go with the stack dash, not interested in a digital tacho.

Some more information, i am looking at the Street-Race series "Stack ST8130M Street Dash Display Max". Has built in lap time feature which looks good but not 100% sure if its worth the extra cash as i do already have a racelogic data logger.

From what i can tell from the street dash, it comes with everything needed but the fuel level sensors but i read you can just the stock one and set it up to work with the stack dash. Also i will be looking at getting the 5-Stage Ext. Sequential Shift Light.

Personally for the price i think its great value, had alook at some USA and UK website looks like can get the dash for 2k or under brand new.

Interested in how hard it was to setup phunky?

I will be looking at adding some of the features from the stock dash to the stack dash (plan to get the cf surround for the r33 from sard in japan)

I have the ST8130, and then bought the lap timer and beacon seperately (for a steal out of the 'states, but from memory you can get them for around $500US). If you've already got the Racelogic then maybe you should keep that as the data logging features for the Stack are ridiculously expensive.

As far as fuel is cincerned, yep, that's correct. We're havign dramas with mine calibrating at the moment, but my fuel float is buggered so I'd say that's the issue for me. Also getting the speed sensor to work has been a bit of an issue, but we haven;t spent too much time on it as we've had bigger issues to deal with!

When assessing which system to get I spoke with my mechanic/auto elec aqnd he felt the Stack was the easiest to set up due to the configuration of the loom. He didn't run into any dramas, and it was all pretty simple, and very neat.

As far as the Defi dash goes, I think it's the nicest dash out thee, but being Japanese only I was worried about some of the functionality, including the GPS based track timing, and in the end decided against it. Perfect mix of everything as far as a display only dash goes though imo.