Tyres For A 270+rwkw R34

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi all,

I've just got my car back after some major modifications with a healthy 272.9rwkw before 6000 rpm - obviously my crappy 235s have no chance of holding it in 1st or 2nd (barely in 3rd) so I can't get most of my power down.

The search is on for some new rears - to match the fronts i need to go 265/30/19

I was thinking of the Nitto NT05s but they don't come to Aus in this size apparently...

The two others i'm tossing up between are the Pirrelli P Zero Rosso and the Yokohama Advan AD08 - prices for these are around the $600 - $650 mark each (ouch :blink: )

Anyone have any thoughts?

Cheers.

Smokohama's....

KU36, 290rwkw, 560nm torque i believe. Great tyre :domokun: - i've got a lot of suspension work though.

Daniel (and others with them),

How do the KU36's go in the wet with that power? Also what size rim/tyre combo are you running? If it grips really well mind putting up your suspension settings up too, mainly camber etc?

I have seen the KU36 & KU31 tyres mentioned a bit lately. I thought that the KU31 might be a little bit better in the wet, only because it is not a semi-slick type design. Wear of KU36 will no doubt be a slight downfall for them.

Cheers,

Phil

Hey for what it's worth, Today I fitted 255-35 18's on my 270kw RB30 R34GTT. as long as I don't side step or flat change I can't light the tires like I could with my 235-40 18 Hankook k104's by simply rolling the power on in 2nd and 3rd gear (which cost me twice as much)

Yes it was a GTR, but was running RWD

It's all in the suspension settup

oh please share this "suspension settup' because Ive found nangkangs are a really crappy tyre for grip...

if its just down to suspension then I want to know please...

oh please share this "suspension settup' because Ive found nangkangs are a really crappy tyre for grip...

if its just down to suspension then I want to know please...

Yes if you guys that claim you can't get your xxx half decent tyre to let go on WOT could post your suspension setups that would be great! :thumbsup:

My average 235s won't hold past half throttle in 1st or 2nd in the dry with standard suspension and slightly lower springs woth 273rwkw.

Some traction issues will no doubt come from how the power is delivered. if you have a fairly even rise in torque then you won't spin them as much as there's no instantaneous jumps in boost. Mine hold on ok but with a smallish turbo it comes on fairly quickly. Someone who has a large turbo on that does nothing and then all of a sudden goes from nothing to all in the blink of an eye I'd have thought would struggle with traction? I suppose though if the suspension is set up well then maybe it's not an issue.

Well for example my R34 has the sK group buy setup ie Bilsteins, white line springs, whiteline swaybars front/rear, pineapples, rear camber/toe arms, front castor arms, front camber bush's.

I think people run way too much camber, too low, too hard. I'm really impressed with these KU31's, they were damn cheap and have blown the K104's away in sheer grip with my car any way. since fitting the KU31's I cant spin the tires by simply rolling on the throttle any more. I used to be able to do it 1st 2nd even 3rd on some rd's.

Well for example my R34 has the sK group buy setup ie Bilsteins, white line springs, whiteline swaybars front/rear, pineapples, rear camber/toe arms, front castor arms, front camber bush's.

I think people run way too much camber, too low, too hard. I'm really impressed with these KU31's, they were damn cheap and have blown the K104's away in sheer grip with my car any way. since fitting the KU31's I cant spin the tires by simply rolling on the throttle any more. I used to be able to do it 1st 2nd even 3rd on some rd's.

I've had K104's too and was quite disappointed in their performance after reading so many positive comments about them.

I got my Yokohama Advan Neova AD08 255/30/19s fitted to the rear yesterday.

I must say that first impressions - these are some mighty impressive tyres!

They ALMOST hold full throttle in first, letting go around when it hits peak power, 273rwkw at 5.5k rpm (ish) if I have my foot mashed. 2nd I can hold it to the floor til redline - and the shove in the back and acceleration tell me my old tyres were probably getting no more than low 220kw to the ground at best!

Even in the wet this morning they held really well and feel very very stable. But I guess they aren't cheap...! :wacko:

This is with stock suspension and lowered king springs - no camber adjustments. I'm going to get some +ve camber dialled in to try to get it to as close to zero as possible under squat and hopefully 1st will then hold...

post-71984-1276036946_thumb.jpg

But I guess they aren't cheap...! :laugh:

roughly how much mate? PM me if you like

i have pretty standard suspension like you.. and yeah when i mash it in 2nd the revs go like 3,4,4.5..7!