SAU Community

When A Mate Spends 6 Hours Detailing Your Car

NickR33

A mate went to town on my car with a bunch of Final Inspection products, a clay bar, a buffer, a lot of masking tape and a toothbrush! Here are the results... sorry about the garage but it was raining and dark by the time we finished... well by the time he finished... I cleaned a wheel at some point... I think

really impressed by the wheel cleaning product (very tricky to clean around the bolts on 2 piece rims) they are now cleaner than I've ever seen... also the sealer he used at the end is makes for a ridiculously smooth finish, has to be touched to be appreciated

polished the headlight plastic as well, they look brand new... you know someone is keen about detailing a car when he pops out your indicators and windscreen washer jets!

overall a pretty good result for stock 14 year old paint

feel free to comment so that I can reply and have an excuse to waste time at work :)

gallery_7369_282_114597.jpg

gallery_7369_282_321108.jpg

gallery_7369_282_309321.jpg

gallery_7369_282_205569.jpg

gallery_7369_282_53637.jpg

bit of photoshop love

gallery_7369_282_29109.jpg

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeh please say the products you used, going to have some free time over the uni holis and would like to give mine a detail like this!

P.S looks fantastic! :)

I'm not 100% on exactly what he used but it was all Final Inspection stuff... the wheel cleaner is a must if you have tricky to clean wheels... he hit them with the cleaner (left it sit for 10 min) and a paintbrush then just hosed it off... I wish I had taken a pic of how dirty they were before

http://www.finalinspection.com.au/store/pr...rf511nmhgbd3e21

he used an orbital buffer as well and was saying that the pads you use are really important... but not sure exactly which ones

I'll see if he has time to jump in here and give a quick run down of products and process

I did give him some cash to cover his costs but it would have cost more had a taken it to a handwash/polish place

some more photoshop love, this is my new desktop:)

gallery_7369_282_30226.jpg

Looks good Nick! Cleanest it's been since Auto Salon I bet! :blink:

yeah Nathan kept the paint in really good condition... Daz couldn't believe how straight it was for a reasonably old car... it only needed one pass and came up great.... recently had the front bar painted by Micolour and its perfect... the only place it needs a bit of TLC is the rear bar

Its never lived outside and came over from Japan when it was basically new... I think the cars that have spent the majority of their lives in Aus have better condition paint/bodies, as long as they are kept under cover etc

looks shmick

what did he use on the headlights?

any polish will do the drick. i had some autoglym super resin polish.. its just a fancy name for ordinary polish.. about 5 mins on each and they come up good as new.

i probably wouldn't use paint doctor on them i think that would be little too harsh..

car looks the goods mate my cars been in the shed for 2 months now some claying and so forth definately on the cards..

wheels are 10in, +20 offset... could even take some spacers too, gotta love GTR guards

the hella flush boys would not approve of my wheel/guard clearance but much more practical at this height... front lip on GTR is impossible not to damage if car is very low and it gets driven everyday