SAU Community

Tyre Stretch

Basti

lol yeh ill get around to it man. it hardly leaves the car hold anymore.. company cars cheaper lol. and ash yes you do lol just txt me, and yeh i was thinking either gloss black or some stuiped bright colour..

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

235/45 federal SS595 on 17x10.5J +/-0 VS-KF

VS-KF are mad to stretch tyres on as the lips are massive and the barrel is a good design, its almost as if they made the wheel for tyres to be stretched on, federals also have really soft sidewalls, yeah needs more low blah blah waiting for camber arms!

post-24032-1277453186_thumb.jpg

post-24032-1277453214_thumb.jpg

sheesh cant please everyone, ive still got a lot of adjustments to do fitment wise (thinking of going 235/40+camber+low) but my aim is to get them under metal guards.

There was an article about stretching in the current HPI magazine near the back.. all I remember from it tho was that you had to use something like a "baby elephant" ._.

what? you just use a good tyre fitting machine with a high pressure line to blast the tyre seal onto the seat of the rim if it's a small stretch. if it's a larger stretch you use a bicycle tyre to bridge the gap, and then pull it out as the tyre has been stretched far enough to seat itself properly. wtf is a baby elephant?

sheesh cant please everyone, ive still got a lot of adjustments to do fitment wise (thinking of going 235/40+camber+low) but my aim is to get them under metal guards.

lol it's just kinda mexican cos it doesn't fit under or anywhere near the guards, maybe with more camber and massaging of the guards you might be able to get em under. The first pic looks doable, but the way that wheel's sitting in this pic...

post-a292187-16062010299-Medium-.jpg

good luck.