SAU Community

Alloy Strut Braces

kristafa

hey guys,

thought i would put up what we've been making a few of lately.

These braces are made from 5000 series aluminium (magnesium alloy), with laser cut and CNC pressed strut tops and gussets.

Here's a few pics of the process and the result. At the moment we have a couple getting around on EVO 6's and a front and rear one on my bmw. Would love to buy a proper pedestal polishing machine but turns out they're rather expensive. FYI these have only been lightly polished using "Brasso", but its good shit!

sorry bout the small pics, and excuse me tacking it together in a shirt.. its a bad habit which i do pay for in the end.. when i finish weld them i wear long sleeve!!

post-30449-1277168457_thumb.jpg post-30449-1277168448_thumb.jpg

post-30449-1277168464_thumb.jpg post-30449-1277168474_thumb.jpg

post-30449-1277168481_thumb.jpg post-30449-1277168690_thumb.jpg

Edited by kristafa

Hey Julz,

We'd love to offer these for as many cars as possible. We're already taking the steps to make these for EVO 8 + 9 now due to demand. We'll be happy to draw up anything if they bring a car around for measuring up.

In your case you might have to wait until someone from Brissie with an r34 comes for a fitting..

but if you have any queries, let me know via PM as this is a fabrication thread, not sales.. thanks bud.

Christo.

more pics of that rb26'd beemer plz!!

You'll have to wait for Zoom issue #152 for that..! or follow us, Dryden Motor Sport on facebook

Edited by kristafa

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Julz,

We'd love to offer these for as many cars as possible. We're already taking the steps to make these for EVO 8 + 9 now due to demand. We'll be happy to draw up anything if they bring a car around for measuring up.

In your case you might have to wait until someone from Brissie with an r34 comes for a fitting..

but if you have any queries, let me know via PM as this is a fabrication thread, not sales.. thanks bud.

Christo.

ok cool

well if u know anyone in qld with a 34 that could swing by ur workshop for u to measure up that would be awesome

• 2 months later...

haha yeh that's my bmw with the 26, will be in Zoom magazine coming out this week! pretty excited :-D

anyway sorry guys nothing for skylines yet until someone takes the first step and comes for a measure and fit! Though we did produce one for an EVO 9 and have since sold a couple interstate.

Also the new EVO 9 heatshield in that pic..

post-30449-1284941986_thumb.jpg

what if i send u up a standard strut brace and just told u how meaty i wanted it to be. then measure from the centre to the firewall??

is that still a tad difficult?

if u look at my display pic u can see one there, exactly how i want it.

do u know any good fabricators in melbourne who could make me one. i fkn love that thing. would love a triangle brace in the boot as well.

cheers

julz

Edited by GUN_METAL_GTR32