SAU Community

Biggest Street Legal Turbo

Curtis.Cow

Simply put, you can have a turbo the size of your head (if it's really that big haha), as long as it meets emission requirements and is engineered properly and passes the pits, then it's fine.

so in theory, if i bolted this to my car and it passed emmission's testing ( :bunny: or even spooled up lmao :P ) its legal :D

post-62346-1277215819_thumb.jpg

lol i think its the other way around, you have to bolt the car to that turbo :laugh:

234787rwhp@1psi, comes on hard at 75,000RPM

Haha pretty sure it would be a low rpm diesel turbo or something similar, so probably 4 of those bad boys strapped to an engine making 182821hp @ 600rpm, full boost by 200rpm lol. Pity it would take like 5 hours to rev that high :bunny:

So i think the answer he was looking for was you can get anything as long as you get it engineered and then pasted the said emissions test and then the pits. But what i think he ment was whats the largest snail he can put in his engine and have it look stock, if thats correct i think somethign along the lines of a garrett 3076 can mount low i believe, but there are probably others and it all depends on what you are looking for horsepower wise etc. etc.

A GT30R, lowmounted, isn't going to look stock.. especially with all the custom piping etc.

A highflowed Neo turbo is the biggest "stock looking" turbo setup you could go.. I think they're good for 240-260wkw depending.

you can get away with a low mount GT30...

had a 3071R in my old car and never got done for it... cops just thought it was the standard turbo... they arent that savy

A GT30R, lowmounted, isn't going to look stock.. especially with all the custom piping etc.

A highflowed Neo turbo is the biggest "stock looking" turbo setup you could go.. I think they're good for 240-260wkw depending.

290rwkw for a high power one from Hypergear. 260rwkw if you want responsive.

you can get away with a low mount GT30...

had a 3071R in my old car and never got done for it... cops just thought it was the standard turbo... they arent that savy

Wrong state mate :rofl:

290rwkw for a high power one from Hypergear. 260rwkw if you want responsive.

Nice.. I need to fix my VCT because my highflow really isn't very responsive :thumbsup:

Yea I wanted to know what the biggest stock looking one without going on pits, nice replies though haha

If you change your turbo at all then it will need to go over the pits and pass emissions tests. High-flows are your only chance of going over with a chance of passing because they retain the stock housings, and hence they look stock.

I informed the DPI that the standard turbo wasn't any longer available and that a T04Z was the closest match up. They ever so kindley licensed my car.