SAU Community

Fuel Economy

Big Jim

Need to know how does everyone else go for fuel economy?

I went for a drive on the weekend it was a 400km round trip from pannawonica to onslow

I was traving at 130kph all the way not over taking much traffice and used a full tank of fuel

it worked at about 16L per 100km

I just fitted new yellow jacket coil packs and irdium tip plugs set to 1.1mm gap

I have owned the car for about 6 months and its never had good mileage

don't forget you are pushing a brick through the air. I bet you would have noticed a difference if you'd stuck to 110km/h.

My Skyline did 1/4 of a tank to gosford and back and the rest of it daily duties, stuck in traffic etc. 10.4 litres to 100km.

i got manual rs4 s2, so NEO engine, and in city/ suburban driving i get about 420-460km, and highway driving, about 500km easily, but on highway im very leadfooted, the onramp onto highway full throttle and a bit here and there on the highway full throttle to clean out the exhaust and heat the oil a bit more.

and im still used to my vw mk2 gti which i managed to get 800km on 50l tank of fuel for highway.

but i doubt i bought the car to be a petrol saver :wub:

I get about 15/16 from S1 auto. And I live on the mountain. Lots of shorts and up and downs.

I get about 11/12 from a 25g on a steady country trip.

I am sorry, but do not believe you can get 11/12 from a turbo. Even with the better aerodynamics of a 33.

You bought the wrong car for saving fuel and the planet * Ahem .. load of crap *

LPG kit if your keeping the car for a while.

sausage fuel is only meant for your bbq mate

and its a 2000 neo rs4 stagea

not un happy with it love the car but if anyone know what mods may make a differance in fuel usage i would love to hear about it

I got a S2 Stag.

Pod, CAI, TBE, Front mount, 11psi, Nistune + Street tune(Going on dyno in a few weeks).

At the moment HW driving I get 11.5L/100km... City driving 14L/100km.

I am chasing 10L/100km :wub:

I get about 15/16 from S1 auto. And I live on the mountain. Lots of shorts and up and downs.

I get about 11/12 from a 25g on a steady country trip.

I am sorry, but do not believe you can get 11/12 from a turbo. Even with the better aerodynamics of a 33.

Used to get, as Hugh says, between 11 and 12 in my R33 4dr GTS-t, but on it's last drive to Sydney, when I got my M35, it did better than 9!!

On average, so far, M35 uses about 0.4 more than the R33 did, which I am really happy about.. but best ever, drive back from Sydney when I first got it, was only 10.5 so not the huge difference, open highway improvement, compared to the R33..

when i drove from tas to qld i was averaging about 10.5 in a series 2 manual

i've got the ecutalk display which shows l/100km once you set up the injector size

most economical speeds were either 100 or 130 (on the dial so about 90 and 120 according to the gps)

eventually i'll get cruise control, its really easy for the speed to creep up

Sorry guys, not having a go but "k's to a tank" is not a reliable measure of fuel economy.

This is probably obvious but here's how to calculate your fuel economy:

1. Fill up the fuel tank completely and record odometer reading

2. Drive normally until the tank is close to empty

3. Fill up the tank again again completely and record odometer reading & litres filled

4. Subtract previous odometer reading from current = distance travelled

5. Divide litres filled by [distance travelled / 100] = your fuel economy in l/100km

6. Repeat from step 2

Example: Say your previous refill was at 100,000 km and the current odometer reading is 100,400 km. You just put in 50 litres of petrol. Your fuel economy is:

50 / ((100,400-100,000) / 100) = 12.5 litres per 100 km

Tips:

- Ask for tax invoice when paying as it includes litres filled

- I normally scribble my odo reading on the tax invoice

- Always fill the tank up completely! Otherwise this won't work

- If you're really keen you can record individual economy readings and calculate an average over time...

Hope this helps :)

More on topic, my current readings for the R34 GTT are in the 13-14.5 l/100km range for mixed driving. Bog stock.

saw 300 for 1/2 tank (disregarding above posts) for hwy @ 110 on cruise control

3 inch auto s2

usually its 150 for the same spot on the guage

Sorry guys, not having a go but "k's to a tank" is not a reliable measure of fuel economy.

This is probably obvious but here's how to calculate your fuel economy:

Or use an ECUTalk and look @ the average economy reading...

:whistling:

S1 RSFV, 3.5" exhaust, DFA, IEBC, S2 I/C, shift kit, ~150awkw: 12.5-13 in the city, better on the open road - providing it stays locked up in 4th.

If your S1 is averaging 16+ on the flat in the city, consider checking your O2 for proper operation.

saw 300 for 1/2 tank (disregarding above posts) for hwy @ 110 on cruise control

3 inch auto s2

usually its 150 for the same spot on the guage

should also have added >>> in rain so additional resistance - recently changed o2 sensor (EL Foulcoon)

Series 2 (Neo), auto, hiflow, 15psi, Haltech, shitty rich tune, full 3" exhaust, fmic, pod, coilovers, 18's.

Around town I get ~350km/tank, country driving (did a 1300km round trip over easter), 600km/tank (with many jaunts off the clock).

More economical at 140km/h than 110km/h.

Now that I've made my VCT work, I'm getting about another 50km/tank around town.

Edited by bubba