SAU Community

Urgent Skyline R34 25 Gt-t Over 100000 Kms Worth The Money

Dansih

Hi guys

i am planning to buy a 4 door r34 25gt-t turbo. It is over 130000 kms for 13 grands. I am just wondering if its worth it.I know it depends how its driven and all but generally if i buy it is it going to be worth it or should i look for another with under 50000 kms.

Please guys help me out i need help badly

Will be really hard to fine a genuin under 50000 km one though, but yeah... take your time when buying a car. Shop around you might find some thing under 50k km.

least you know its prob genuine kms if its @ 130K

or its been wound back from 200K lol

check out the seats / steering wheel - good indication of how the car has been treated

if they are still in pretty good condition and its 130, i would say its been looked after very well - and genuine kms - people aint gonna wind it forward! :(

im sure people will be awake soon after their big nights with better advice :mad:

yeah you need to check the mechanical state and advise, instead of the ODO

take the ODO with a grain of salt, but still take it into consideration

and have some money aside in case it has demons

ie if you have a choice of Car a which is 16k with 85,000 or car B which is 130,000 for 13k id go for car A

again assuming it hasnt been wound back

Give me slab and I'll make it a 50,000km car to ease your mind. If it going to buy it doesn't matter how many km's. Stuff breaks. Cars shit themselve on first runs on dyno's after an engine rebuild so its really a gamble. My 32 gtst had a rb26 in it for two years but was sold stock motor with a fmic and exhaust even though it had been tracked and abused for 2 years. Looking at it you would have never known though.

I wouldn't care it seat and interior were worn as thet are cheap and easy to change. Pay attention to the underside of the car and how the engine runs, smooth all the way though revs, gears aren't notchy or whine and the diff locks up. No worn mounting rubber bushes in the driveline and the rails are straight. Clutch doesn't slip on a big launch and the car doesn't feel like a waterbed to drive. Pull out the boot panels to look for damage/respray as well as around doors and panels fit with good lines. Worn tyres brakes etc are cheap and easy also. If aircon doesn't work it a good indicator it might have been front ended for example.

I think you can definitely find a cheaper 4DR R34 GTT. Maybe $11-12k? With a lot less K's.

Hi Guys thanks so much for your advice.The winding back Odo is kinda making me paranoid. I guess you guys are right the condition of the engine matters.

Guys by the way i have found another car which is 2000 R34 25GT non tubo with 43,000kms on it with RWC and 1 year Rego.The car looks clean i was thinking i can make it turbo later down the track right?.

But its would be hard to tell that they are Genuine Kms or not. I am getting it for AUD12,000

Thanks guys appreciate your help

What's with the urgency? Don't rush in to buy a car man...it's the worst thing you can do. Take the time to look around and be patient.

you can turbo it later, but itll be cheaper to just buy a turbo model straight off if you are planning on doing that

Hi do you know how much a turbo will cost ?. i would like to have 100 bhp extra upmh lets say.

Cheers

My suggestion..

if you don;t kow a heap about cars..and many don't

get an inspection done by a reputable company.

my suggestion along with many others here is state roads

www.stateroads.com.au

this will give you a much better idea than asking people who have never seen the car.

this thread will give you an idea of why this is suggested...

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Do...p;hl=stateroads

agree with EMTS

or better yet to save you $$ and time come to the next sau vic meeting

find a local member near you and get them to come and check out cars

ie check out this car with me and offer beer or $ or spirits etc

most guys would give you a honest check of a car for the main skyline shit that breaks etc

Please do not attempt to get a N/A R34 GT and put a turbo in it. :ninja: (see sig!)

When I got mine, it was an utter NA+T abortion because I didn't really have the knowledge (suppose, couldnt have been helped as I did get it checked by stateroads)

That said

Checking out a lot more cars would have made all the difference in the world, so shop around. (or buy mine if I ever get mine back lolz)

Please do not attempt to get a N/A R34 GT and put a turbo in it. :ninja: (see sig!)

When I got mine, it was an utter NA+T abortion because I didn't really have the knowledge (suppose, couldnt have been helped as I did get it checked by stateroads)

That said

Checking out a lot more cars would have made all the difference in the world, so shop around. (or buy mine if I ever get mine back lolz)

Man i feel sorry for you. it happened to me when i bought a Prelude. f**k it still haunts me.Anyways i had a look at heaps of Skylines and found the one 2000 R34 25GT-T 118000kms for 12,500 grand.Lets see what happens

Thanks boys i will buy a turbo 25GTT instead.

I've done it in the back of my sedan, but not in the back of my coupe...

But that 12 grand gtt sounds kinda dodgy...

actually the price is 13,900 with RWC and One year Rego. He is giving it for 12500 without RWC but one year rego.W

Dodgy as in its too much or is too less :P

actually the price is 13,900 with RWC and One year Rego. He is giving it for 12500 without RWC but one year rego.W

Dodgy as in its too much or is too less :)

Try and buy a car that comes with RWC, because you don't know how much a RWC will set you back.

Also, don't bother trying to turbo an NA, especially a sedan, not worth it. A conversion will cost you like 2-4k, more if you want to upgrade brakes and all.

If it was me, I wouldn't pay more than $12k on the road for a sedan GTT. You can even pick up a GTT coupe for like $13k but semi auto.

Try and buy a car that comes with RWC, because you don't know how much a RWC will set you back.

Also, don't bother trying to turbo an NA, especially a sedan, not worth it. A conversion will cost you like 2-4k, more if you want to upgrade brakes and all.

If it was me, I wouldn't pay more than $12k on the road for a sedan GTT. You can even pick up a GTT coupe for like $13k but semi auto.

Sorry Guys I am a bit confused now about Turbo Vs non-turbo. I definetly need a 4 door but as you guys suggested that 13K is a bit steap for sedan GTT with 118000kms.I was thinking to go with 2000 R34 GT 4 doors then for around $11000 with RWC unregistered.But still it wont be Turbo so no point of having skyline without Turbo???.

f**k i am confused now. I like the turbo but what do i do with it.It would give me satisfaction when i drive it but do i need a turbo?Also what do you guys think about maintainence of turbo vs non-turbo and resale value.