SAU Community

A Boy's Love For His Rb20

No noise day = PIARC day?

Yep! :)

The thing was maxxing out its GTR injectors with a belly full of corn syrup so not a lot of time was spent trying to get a result, just a few dyno pulls to see how it behaved. So its hardly an exhaustive test and tune with E85, its just a little disappointing that other cars fill up with E85, load more fuel and ignition and they readily show signs of making more power vs my car that seems a little more stubborn.

Fark Garret fluff..i have a an army of Mitsubushi turbos that will go on before I soften up and go roller girl bearing

Just need to sell a few more parts so that I can play with the R32 whilst rebuilding the Sierra :)

You were keen trying E85 on GTR injectors, my 800's are at 87% with E85 (std perssure). The 290kw RB20 was running 550cc with an extra 14psi of fuel pressure, and they were maxed.

We knew it was going to happen, just wanted to try the corn juice to see if the engine liked it and whether it helped its tendency to ping. I think if nothing else this test has told me there is nothing magic about E85 and if you are out of compressor flow then you are out of compressor flow and E85 will only give you a few more killerwasps :(

My RB20 runs a 20G. The rear footwell of the car runs a TD06-73HTA.. The boot is running a TD05H-18G. The 3rd shelf of my bookshelf runs the T67-25G whilst the bottom shelf runs a TD06H-25G . Will try 25psi with the 20G tomorrow and see how it all goes

I have not bothered as the 20G with a 10cm housing was too big for an RB20. So I am betting a 25G would be rather ordinary on a 20. Would probably make a good number, but would make less than 200rwkws at 5,200rpm :( If i had a freshly built RB20 that I knew was well balanced and had a good oiling system it would be probably a decent enough thing to spin up between 5,500-9,000rpm.

If I can sell some of my fluff laying around I could quite possible give the T67-25G a nudge. The crime will be is if I run it with E85 and the 10cm housing I will instantly losing $300-500 as it is brand new. Think I will have enough trouble selling them with the Kando things running around but not fussed. Some of the gear I dont really want to sell, just need to move enough to clear up some funds for further work on the R32 and Cossie rebuild

The 25G wheel is 15% bigger than the 20G wheel, so with the little 69.7 mm stroke of the RB20 and 8.5:1 compression, like i posted above I dont see the RB20 doing a bang up job of getting the most out of the T67.

That's why I grabbed the 73HTA wheel, it is only 7% bigger but is lighter so stands a chance of spooling as well, if not better than the 20G wheel.

But for now I have decided I am going to shelve the plans for the 73 HTA and see if the lil std motor can handle the corn syrup and the power it makes with the 20G for a few track days.

I figure 306rwkws is a decent enough step from the power I was previously running and now getting into the area where I am less confident about how well a std engine with at least 60,000kms (i have put those 60,000kms on the wrecker engine) will do with that sort of grunt, boost and revs

So main difference is E85 allowing me to run more boost where 98 would stop maling power at 20psi

gallery_462_50_314527.jpg

Should be a bit quicker then before as it is now making over 280rwks @ 5,200rpm to red line! Not bad for a std 2L :)

I'd say its the turbo. they are only a 450hp turbo arn't they?

The way the boost trails off means the engine is taking more air than the turbo can produce. If you have a smart enough boost controller you can get around it. But the turbo will hate life

Edited by sav man