SAU Community

Nm35 Sway Bars

Daleo

Dale,

Can you confirm what it is you are getting made in this group Buy?

I know the stock swaybars are hollow so I would presume that they are going to be:

* Solid

* Adjustable (3 holes)

* Same diameter as the current swaybar

As a reference for anyone in this group buy you can read about how to install them on the link below.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/M3...=m35+suspension

Cheers

Andy

Dale,

Can you confirm what it is you are getting made in this group Buy?

I know the stock swaybars are hollow so I would presume that they are going to be:

* Solid

* Adjustable (3 holes)

* Same diameter as the current swaybar

Cheers

Andy

Andy, as per post #46 in this thread:

Front, 30mm solid, 3 position adjustment.

Rear, 24mm solid, 3 position adjustment.

The adjustment will be one hole either side of the original, with 18mm between each hole centre. Even on the softest setting they will be significantly stiffer than the standard item.

They will be supplied with new "D" bushes & clamps as required

Andy, as per post #46 in this thread:

Front, 30mm solid, 3 position adjustment.

Rear, 24mm solid, 3 position adjustment.

The adjustment will be one hole either side of the original, with 18mm between each hole centre. Even on the softest setting they will be significantly stiffer than the standard item.

They will be supplied with new "D" bushes & clamps as required

Don't ask me to read back that far.. lol

So that is the same diameter as the stock ones which are hollow?

I agree that this is the best size as I believe it will give up to about 60% stiffer than the stock units. maybe more I can't find the reference I used a while back that shows the relative stiffness as you go from hollow to solid and increase diameter.

Have a look at the attached chart to give you an idea how these changes stiffen the sway bar.

Well done Dale.

Cheers

Andy

010barup.pdf

Don't ask me to read back that far.. lol

So that is the same diameter as the stock ones which are hollow?

I agree that this is the best size as I believe it will give up to about 60% stiffer than the stock units. maybe more I can't find the reference I used a while back that shows the relative stiffness as you go from hollow to solid and increase diameter.

Have a look at the attached chart to give you an idea how these changes stiffen the sway bar.

Well done Dale.

Cheers

Andy

The standard front swaybar is 29 mm hollow, so I replaced it with a 30 mm solid adjustable. I didn't want to go too big in the front bar as the 4wd's are fairly front weight biased and so need to transfer their weight rather than skip wiht too much antiroll. Something to keep in mind is that the front bar is linked to the lower control arm around half way to the wheel, so there are considerable leverage and movement ratios to be considered. As a comparison the previous model Stagea front bar is 1 to 1 with the wheel, hence why a 24 mm front bar is the go on them.

The standard rear bar was 18 mm hollow, which is way undersized, so I replaced it with a 24 mm solid adjustable. It was fairly obvious that the standard rear bar was way too small considering the high rear centre of gravity (it's a waggon). Something to keep in mind is, like the front bar, the rear bar is linked to the upper control arm around half way to the wheel, so once again there are considerable leverage and movement ratios to be considered. To complete the comparison, the previous model Stagea rear bar is also similarly located, hence why a 24 mm rear bar is also the go on them.

Driving impressions;

I set the front and rear bars on their softest setting and did a quick lap of test track #1. The improvement was both obvious and impressive, the previous plough understeer and excessive weight transfer to the outside front wheel was almost gone. I thought it need a little more on the rear, so I went up one hole on the adjustment. That balanced it out a even more and gave a noticeable improvement in the lift off front tuck in to the apex. I'll let the owner drive it around for a while and then take his feedback on the day to day balance. Plus I will check the fittings and make sure there is no distress in the mountings or links. Once that is done the bars will be available for sale, if there is enough interest I will do an SAU Group Buy for those that are interested.

Perhaps I should've included this quote in my original search. If you search "M35 Stagea Suspension" you will find the entire thread.

This quote is taken from the initial Sway Bars designed & manufactured by "Sydneykid". I believe this quote refers to the bars on your car Andy. :P

My intention is to exactly replicate the original kit, which Todd has agreed to, and he was also in agreement with the sizing.

The feedback from yourself & others who also have the original bars, was what prompted me to get this going, especially in light of the watered down, and (I believe) overpriced Fulcrum versions.

Hopefully, Gary's (Sydneykid) original findings will give everyone a better understanding of how these bars work, & my motivation to reproduce them.

Cheers, Dale

Edited by Daleo

Ok, update;

I have final prices for Sway Bars from Todd!:banana:

We have;

Front; 30mm solid, blade adjustable. Group Buy price; $300. Retail; $345

Rear; 24mm solid, blade adjustable. Group Buy price; $280. Retail; $315

Obviously this price will include, all necessary mounting hardware, but postage (if required) will be extra.

Lead time; approx 3 weeks, from payment to delivery.

I realise these prices are more than initially estimated, but they represent a significant saving (over $100 per bar) over the alternative, (and in my opinion inferior) product for our vehicle. I will be going ahead regardless, but I understand if people are not prepared to spend slightly more than planned.

I cannot work out how to PM in the new forum format :angry: so bear with me & I'll do my best to get in contact with all the individuals who registered their interest initially.

Once I've been able to contact everyone, I'll be posting in the Group Buy section, as per the forum regulations.

Edited by Daleo

It appears all PM's have been lost... :down:

Not happy about this...

Not true. Christian is still running the scripts that migrate the data to the new database format; Im guessing it was a huge shift in the way the data is being stored and its taking an extremely long time to do, but its being done. PMs will come back, you wont have lost any :)

Not true. Christian is still running the scripts that migrate the data to the new database format; Im guessing it was a huge shift in the way the data is being stored and its taking an extremely long time to do, but its being done. PMs will come back, you wont have lost any :)

Looks like I'll just have to be patient, I will get back to everyone personally.

Ok, update;

I have final prices for Sway Bars from Todd!:banana:

We have;

Front; 30mm solid, blade adjustable. Group Buy price; $300. Retail; $345

Rear; 24mm solid, blade adjustable. Group Buy price; $280. Retail; $315

Obviously this price will include, all necessary mounting hardware, but postage (if required) will be extra.

Lead time; approx 3 weeks, from payment to delivery.

I realise these prices are more than initially estimated, but they represent a significant saving (over $100 per bar) over the alternative, (and in my opinion inferior) product for our vehicle. I will be going ahead regardless, but I understand if people are not prepared to spend slightly more than planned.

I cannot work out how to PM in the new forum format :angry: so bear with me & I'll do my best to get in contact with all the individuals who registered their interest initially.

Once I've been able to contact everyone, I'll be posting in the Group Buy section, as per the forum regulations.

Or alternatively, due to the absence of PM's at the moment, feel free to email me on; [email protected]

Cheers, Dale

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys,

Just thought we would jump into this thread and answer some questions we hope you do not mind.

Whiteline do offer sway bars for the Stagea maybe some people had not realised that.

Over the past couple of years Whiteline has undergone changes and has thrived to improve and re-vamp many products.

With data logging and an experienced R+D team the quality worldwide is great and the reputation and use of our products has boomed.

We also now have an experienced bender in house with 15 years experience to make and design the master jigs and has worked through the Whiteline changes

of ownership and is the experience that Gary Cook (Sydney KID) was talking about earlier and designed these bars so in fact they are the same bars .We also have now TUV certification in Europe which is an extensive Quality control

system to allow modified parts to used on the cars over there as without this the car can be confiscated and we think getting defected is bad !

We are adopting this process to all of our range so that the Quality and performance is of the best standard and customers can have faith in our products and

after sales customer service and warranty.

We will leave you a list below of what is available for the Stagea and these are available at most leading Auto parts stores , from our website (at full retail) or

many of the sponsor traders on here also supply Whiteline products and can give pricing so shop around see what you all can do and we do not do group buys

but one of the traders may be able to organise that.

We hope you are all happy we have replied as we thrive ourselves on customer service and after sales support so any questions email [email protected] or visit the website www.whitline.com.au or follow us on Facebook for product release and even

some prize give a ways at www.facebook.com/whitelineflatout

This is what we have on offer just quote part numbers for pricing.

These are all for stagea RWD and AWD 96-00 series 1 and 2 incuding 260rs

FRONT SWAY BAR

RWD models = BNF24 non- adjustable 24mm

BNF24Z adjustable 24mm

BNF24X non –adjustable 27mm

AWD models =BNF27 non- adjustable 22mm

BNF27Z adjustable 22mm

REAR SWAY BAR

All models = BNR11X non – adjustable 22mm

BNR11XZ adjustable 22mm

BNR11XXZ adjustable 24mm

We also offer a new range of links for street with the odd track days that are not as noisy as our race only spherical links. These are heavy duty ball joint design with a small nylon cage to stop the metal on metal cluck sound for street driving and passing registration etc.

Front Rear

KLC108 all models all models

Edited by Whiteline

These are all for M35 stagea RWD and AWD 96-00 series 1 and 2 incuding 260rs

FRONT SWAY BAR

RWD models = BNF24 non- adjustable 24mm

BNF24Z adjustable 24mm

BNF24X non –adjustable 27mm

AWD models =BNF27 non- adjustable 22mm

BNF27Z adjustable 22mm

REAR SWAY BAR

All models = BNR11X non – adjustable 22mm

BNR11XZ adjustable 22mm

BNR11XXZ adjustable 24mm

I think you are very confused about what you are posting.

The years of production you are talking are only relevant to the C34 Stagea. The M35 Stagea only started production in 2001.

So lets be really clear here..... Based on the information you have posted above, you DO NOT offer a sway bar to suit the M35 STAGEA.. :spank:

M35 years are from 01-07? Which ones are they?

Only the awd M35's are available over here atm I think.

Hi Scotty,

These are for the previous models and if any one is interested we could develop a bar for the newer model if we have a sample and maybe a car to do the R+D work on and can data log the information to show the improvement in handling.

hmm... Sounds like advertising to me.

Mr. Whiteline, perhaps before spruiking your wares, you should speak to admin about becoming a trader?

Also, if you are going to advertise the fact that you have C34 swaybars for sale, you should do it in a relevant thread and not the "Nm35 Sway Bars" thread, no?

I think you are very confused about what you are posting.

The years of production you are talking are only relevant to the C34 Stagea. The M35 Stagea only started production in 2001.

So lets be really clear here..... Based on the information you have posted above, you DO NOT offer a sway bar to suit the M35 STAGEA.. :spank:

Hi Andy,

I think that was taken the wrong way we are just showing that we do offer Stagea sway bars and in the dates listed above and we are willing to produce new bars for cars as demand calls for them.

We seen that there seems to be a problem in obtaining the sway bars for these cars and at a competitive price and as we are now trying to improve our stock range we thought we could maybe in the future offer another solution to help you guys out as our products are easily obtained once in production.

We have not previously advertised that we have Stagea sway bars for any models and thought we could let owners like yourself know we are here to help.We also do not get many emails or phone calls requesting them especially for the NM35 so after reading this thread topic just thought you owners may want more options in the future as they seem more popular than we were aware as we usually develop on how much demand we are requested.

If we can be of help please let us know if not we will keep thriving to offer as many products as we can for the Nissan range in the future.

Edited by Whiteline

Mr. Whiteline, perhaps before spruiking your wares, you should speak to admin about becoming a trader?

Also, if you are going to advertise the fact that you have C34 swaybars for sale, you should do it in a relevant thread and not the "Nm35 Sway Bars" thread, no?

Yes probably, but they do sound like they were trying to help, and in this case i'm sure we appreciate the thought behind offering to help out.:cheers:

We are a wholesaler and will not sell anything through the Skyline Australia forums but many of our distributors are all ready traders on here to buy whiteline products from we are just here to give any advice on our products .

We are a wholesaler and will not sell anything through the Skyline Australia forums but many of our distributors are all ready traders on here to buy whiteline products from we are just here to give any advice on our products .

Clearly there is demand for "Thick bits of bent metal Sway bars" If whiteline want to make them for M35 Stageas then that would be great, feel free to borrow my car if you want to make templates.

user demand is high enough. . especially now that PM35 (non turbo) Stageas are now suitable for compliance. .

Jules

Hi Scotty,

These are for the previous models and if any one is interested we could develop a bar for the newer model if we have a sample and maybe a car to do the R+D work on and can data log the information to show the improvement in handling.

Im confused... Glad you edited the post though.

Can you offer a discount for one of the guys for all this R+D he will need to help with? :whistling: