SAU Community

Got My Te37's Painted

hi guys

i got my te37's last week and they were bronze color which didnt really suit what i wanted for my car so i got them resprayed professionally by a friend of mine at neway

they were first painted matt black but we werent happy with the finish/end product so we went with a satin black that looks f**king amazing imo

what do u guys reckon??

heres before and after and i have new rays stickers at home to go on them as well.

post-31553-1283322955_thumb.jpg

post-31553-1283322964_thumb.jpg

they look fantastic i wouldn't have thought any sort of shine would work well but they turned out great. Is there any reason why you went paint instead of powder coat? I get a lot of mixed reports from different people but i have been told paint is better because it will only scratch as oppose to powder coat which will flake.

the photo is not hi quality sorry it was taken on an iphone then sent to me and then i posted it from my mobile.

they r not shadow chrome like the photo looks, they r actually satin black, they just got delivered to my house now and they look f**king crazy, there sort of matt but they have a shine to them still, but ill get photos up when my sis gets home and ill tax her camera.

i painted them instead of powder coating because i think paint gives a better finish when ur doing no gloss

thank u all for the kind words though

by far the nicest set of te37's out :down: what colour is the car they're going on?

my car is pearl white with triple glitter and gold pearl thru it, + carbon bonnet, boot, side skirts, carbon ganadors and the lip of my front bar is painted gloss black.

ive got heaps of other carbon parts to go on it but havnt fitted heaps of stuff yet.

they will be going over K-Sport 8 piston front brakes which r an anodised orange so should look tuff as lol

Out of interest... Where did you get the Rays Stickers from?

i got them from project mu. the dudes name is andrew, good luck finding them they have been discontinued for over a year and he kind of just randomly found these ones in his store room. paid the premium price for them also $80.

i dont think im actually gonna use them though haha

That looks insane! Definitely unique, Giving me some ideas too :)

Is painting roughly the same price as getting it powder coated?

+1 with the pics of the wheels on the car!

i dont know how much powder coating costs, this cost me 800, they were prepped completely in and out and painted twice before i decided on the satin black. if u have ever seen te37's the finish on them is extremely rough, these r now perfect and there painted in and out