SAU Community

Mark Webber Is Coming To Perth 28 Nov 2010

sexzila

Hi

Just a Quick event post for 28th November

Mark Webber is coming to Perth with his F1 Car and his team.

http://www.festivalofspeed.com.au/

This is an exclusive opportunity to indulge your passion for speed.

This is your opportunity to share the rush as you witness Mark Webber on track and racing the clock in his Red Bull Formula One car.

Hear Australia's most successful F1 prospect since Alan Jones speak about his incredible season at the top of the world' fastest and expensive motor sport.

This is your opportunity to immerse yourself in a day dedicated to the worship of racing and the vehicles human beings have developed to make themselves go faster.

The Fastest Day of Your Life is coming.

Be there.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me and the Mrs are going to be getting tickets :D

Nice one :D Lets catch up, up there then. Ill be running around doing things event side , and taking photos.

Should be a great day... F1 in Perth , you don't see that every day.

Hey, when you say "Mrs" , are you referring to you car?

In any event congrats man :)

al

Nice one :D Lets catch up, up there then. Ill be running around doing things event side , and taking photos.

Should be a great day... F1 in Perth , you don't see that every day.

Hey, when you say "Mrs" , are you referring to you car?

In any event congrats man :D

al

Sure things, PM me your mobile number, incase it's changed.

Nah, I'm married, and not just to my car :)

I am probably a tragic. I admit it. I will definitely be considering (!!) tickets. Great to see Webber and the Red Bull Team here. That alone is worth the ticket. But ... .... .... .... ...

... ..

.... ... ..

... ... .... ...

... ... .... ....

Bathurst revisited is Holden and Ford only. :(

The "super cars" are Porsche and Ferrari, with some 'Vettes and Cobras thrown in. I love the 'Vettes and Cobras but really they should be in historic or something! Unless it is a ZR1 'Vette. But then, if you are having a 'Vette, why not a GTR? :)

Eagles vs Dockers - probably in John Hughes supplied Hyundais. Could be fun, if I was interested in the Eagles or Dockers. Why not get the Perth Wildcats and the Western Force involved as well?

So far we seem to have the Holden/Ford Footy view of the world, with only the "super cars" they've heard of. No Astons or Bentleys? No Lambos? No SLK Mercs? Come on Barbagallo - you're not trying!

Racing Trucks are a gas! :)

Now then - Motoring Club Displays. Any chance we might get an SAUWA display? I couldn't see anything on the website to get in there. Or are they not recognising Jap Crap?

As I said, I am trying hard to be supportive of this initiative in Perth. son of rajab knows we need events like this. But why does it have to be put together by people with the least imagination? I really do not want to pay money to see the Docker vs Eagles in Hyundais and yet another Falcadore festival.

I have stopped buying Top Gear Australia magazine and gone back to the UK one, because the only cars the Aussie one talked about were the usual Falcadore crap. Give me a break!

Bah humbug. :bunny:

Edited by MLCrisis

I too was a bit dissappointed with some of the support categories not being a bit more open, but I guess this is there first attempt, so they're sticking to whet they know will draw a crowd.

As for MotorClub displays, I belieev they selected a couple Clubs (Porsche and Ferrari), rather than open it up.

I think the only Jap Car representation will be in Street Cars and IPRA.

I too was a bit dissappointed with some of the support categories not being a bit more open, but I guess this is there first attempt, so they're sticking to whet they know will draw a crowd.

As for MotorClub displays, I belieev they selected a couple Clubs (Porsche and Ferrari), rather than open it up.

I think the only Jap Car representation will be in Street Cars and IPRA.

Yeah, Exactly on the money, first time event wanting become an annual show here in Perth.

We need to make this a success and not just stage another fuel flannel burning event.

Point of difference will be the class of cars i.e Price v HP v Skill on the track. Most people in Perth I imagine would never heard the sound of an F1 car.

Bonus, also we will have the show-ponies that we see around St Georges, put through their rubber wallets....\who doesn't want to see those cars plastered on the track rather than parked on the side of the road in front of some cafe......

Having had an opportunity to go to F1 GP, I must say , F1 car overlapping the V8 Touring car vs Street Machine vs day2dy sport coupe is really an awesome demonstration.

oh, and the F1 car doing a burnout is something all together different and exciting :P

This promises to be a show........with wings !!!

• 1 month later...

*BUMP*

It's getting closer now and it seems the event is getting better. According to my invitation...

Features of the event include:

Mark Webber / Red Bull Formula 1 Demo

Dean Fiore / V8 Supercar Demo

Jeremy McWilliams / Superbike Demo

Ferrari v Porsche, Rally EVO v STI

Drifting, Drag Racing, Karting

Dockers vs Eagles Grudge March

and much much more!!!

Thats more like it!

ok guys heres an opportunity for the shrude investor. :unsure:

I have 2 tickets in a marque fully catered, food, drinks etc paid $385 each

willing to take a bit of a hit on these, don't want to get stuck with them so make me a reasonable offer.. @$300 each would be nice :blink:

help a brother out

Richard 0411861466

Edited by tricstar