SAU Community

Mark Webber Is Coming To Perth 28 Nov 2010

sexzila

Good I thought it was just me.

I thought the event was a waste of my time and I prefer a normal race meeting where there is actual racing.

Poorly organised and what's the go with paying $4 for a bottle of water?

Also what about the Bathurst revisited parade. Did they forget about inviting Bluebirds,DR30's HR31's and Godzilla?

Everyone claims they would rather go to a normal race meeting. Yet no one goes to the normal race meetings......

Why didn't you drink the free water on offer? It is actually a requirement that venues offer water. Just a matter of finding it. It was in the race office by the way & other spots too. Would have cost someone a fortune as it was all out of 20 litre bottles.

No point carping about food & drink prices. They are the same wherever you go.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because like it or not taxpayers dollars are spent on a huge range of sporting venues across the state. The new athletics track in Bunno for example - tax payers dollars. South West Academy of Sport - tax payers dollars. It goes on & on. Why should motorsport miss out?

The bottom line is the kind of money needed for the upgrades on the cards is not a commercially viable proposition for the WASCC - or anyone else for that matter. So it is either government money or keep what you have got.

or that awful looking arena on the old Perth Entertainment Centre Site!

Now with the mining tax (yes i realise its a federal not a state tax) but it's not like this state doesn't contribute enough tax - it's time to give some things back to the people of this state. I could understand if they were doing major upgrades of hospitals, schools, roads etc - but it doesn't seem like they are doing much of that either so where is all the money going? Maybe they will pull it all out and start throwing it around willy nilly around election time like they normally do ..... that's the only time things seem to get done.

Anyway it is what it is, it was what it was - as fustrating as it is we shouldn't get our hopes up that things will ever change.

Hopefully next year i'll just bypass all this amature night crap and actually go see an proper F1 race. :banana:

Everyone claims they would rather go to a normal race meeting. Yet no one goes to the normal race meetings......

Why didn't you drink the free water on offer? It is actually a requirement that venues offer water. Just a matter of finding it. It was in the race office by the way & other spots too. Would have cost someone a fortune as it was all out of 20 litre bottles.

No point carping about food & drink prices. They are the same wherever you go.

I do go to watch normal race meetings

I put my wedding back a week so I could compete in a Wanneroo 300 years ago.

So I support motorsport whenever I can

I don't care what they charge for food as I can afford it if I want it but I never saw any free water and bought half a dozen bottles for some kids who had no money and obviously couldn't see any signs for free water.

Thank goodness for the drifters as they were entertaining unlike the mock police hoon chase.

And was it really necessary for them to put P plates on the "offenders' car?

Talk about stereotyping. Why didn't they have a mock chase with a drunk driving a tradies ute

or that awful looking arena on the old Perth Entertainment Centre Site!

Now with the mining tax (yes i realise its a federal not a state tax) but it's not like this state doesn't contribute enough tax - it's time to give some things back to the people of this state. I could understand if they were doing major upgrades of hospitals, schools, roads etc - but it doesn't seem like they are doing much of that either so where is all the money going? Maybe they will pull it all out and start throwing it around willy nilly around election time like they normally do ..... that's the only time things seem to get done.

Anyway it is what it is, it was what it was - as fustrating as it is we shouldn't get our hopes up that things will ever change.

Hopefully next year i'll just bypass all this amature night crap and actually go see an proper F1 race. :banana:

Society is f**ked mate. Now way around it, the government doesn't actually care about us citizens, just like the police don't actually care about our safety, all they care about is money in their pockets and getting re-elected in the next term. Why do you think endless amount of money is being poured into aboriginal welfare and so-called 'road safety' in this state? Because average Joe and Jane see these things and thinks: wow, this government is doing something for us, I might vote for them next time!

Coons and lower class people are forever winging about the stolen generation and their own hardships in order to get more government benefits, while us middle class hard workers and our opinions get forgotten about.

Thank goodness for the drifters as they were entertaining unlike the mock police hoon chase.

Talk about stereotyping. Why didn't they have a mock chase with a drunk driving a tradies ute

Drift , bikes and historics were great to watch . Or could of had a government minister being nailed for pissy or excessive speeding :banana:

Drift , bikes and historics were great to watch . Or could of had a government minister being nailed for pissy or excessive speeding :banana:

+ 1 .... big props to the Drifters - i think they did a awesome job - they actually put some effort in trying to entertain the crowds :)

Or could of had a government minister being nailed for pissy or excessive speeding :banana:

I like where you're going with this :-)

Few pollies I'd like the set a police dog on

I do go to watch normal race meetings

I put my wedding back a week so I could compete in a Wanneroo 300 years ago.

So I support motorsport whenever I can

Good on you. :banana:

I don't care what they charge for food as I can afford it if I want it but I never saw any free water and bought half a dozen bottles for some kids who had no money and obviously couldn't see any signs for free water.

Yeah a good program would have helped enormously letting people know what went on & where to go etc. I bought a couple bottles before I saw the lines, thought fk this & went looking for the free stuff.

I'm not a big fan of the coppers either. But I guess that they were there means they weren't out tazering some poor bastard.

+ 1 .... big props to the Drifters - i think they did a awesome job - they actually put some effort in trying to entertain the crowds :D

Yes, I agree with this. Lucky I didn't miss that. :)

My car was part of my car club stand there. I think the first thing they should do is grow some trees for some shades, and grass areas to put our butts on. It was hot as hell too, 44 degrees. :banana:

Edited by Victor.T

If you just wanted to see the F1 car is sounds like it would have been just as good, if not better to mosy on in to the city and watch them drop some skids..

To the traffic whingers, it can't have been anything near like the traffic in KL last week.. at least they can merge over there!