SAU Community

What Sport Car To Buy

midnite34

so i guess all these ferraris and lambos with sequential boxes arent real sports cars then ey but your manual skylines are... damn i was gonna blow 200 grand on my next car but now i know to get me a manual silvia instead so i can be one with the car and err be in control!!

lol sigh

anyway on topic - 10k i'd get this http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/privat...mode%20matchany

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so i guess all these ferraris and lambos with sequential boxes arent real sports cars then ey but your manual skylines are... damn i was gonna blow 200 grand on my next car but now i know to get me a manual silvia instead so i can be one with the car and err be in control!!

lol sigh

anyway on topic - 10k i'd get this http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/privat...mode%20matchany

That's irrelevant. We're talking 90's Skylines, not modern day GTRs. Obviously the way the worlds headed automatic transmissions have been come quicker than human manual shifting.

please show me where id grab one for that

Ive had a few come through wanting quick sales, overseas students returning home. one was 10k with a blown diff....... if wasn't just about to leave for the usa i would have grabbed it.

Another customer just bought a black auto for 16k, needed slight paint work as clear had peeled on front guards and bonnet... $600 in paint.

Manual is a pain in the arse in stop start peak hour traffic but heaps of fun on weekends around the twisty mountain roads. In fact soooo much fun it's worth the pain. What to do.. cant afford a weekend sports car and an auto daily so just have to live with it for the moment. :D

The only manual I wouldn't get sick of driving in stop start traffic is something with a ton of low down torque and nice short gears. In a Skyline, having to keep the revs up with a button clutch, only to put the clutch back on for braking as soon as you have released it - sucks! And wears out the thrust bearing very quickly!

In a Skyline, having to keep the revs up with a button clutch, only to put the clutch back on for braking as soon as you have released it - sucks!

I hear ya. I drove a Skyline with a button clutch in peak hour traffic on the freeway once. I was about ready to kill someone lol.

The only manual I wouldn't get sick of driving in stop start traffic is something with a ton of low down torque and nice short gears. In a Skyline, having to keep the revs up with a button clutch, only to put the clutch back on for braking as soon as you have released it - sucks! And wears out the thrust bearing very quickly!

on the os giken, i think my left calf is bigger than my right.

That's where the V35 kicks the R32/33/34 arse lol :cool: *run*